Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mars Toys posted this on their FB. I'm very curious about these Jokers. They look fantastic.

FB_IMG_1658918832871.jpg

Mars Toys posted this on their FB. I'm very curious about these Jokers. They look fantastic.

View attachment 591025

i think i'd prefer if they kept sculpted eyes over moveable eyes. i personally don't think they did a good job with moveable eyes. functions good, just eyes don't look too good but that can be said for a lot of figures, especially hot toys. always felt like likeness gets toned down because of the eyes. but that far right one is perfect to nicholson's likeness. both are incredible. i just hope they truly are their sculpts instead of recasts from an artists. so far i can't recount their penguin or even these sculpts ever existing before them so kudos if these are in fact their work.

imagining these sculpts looking softer and flatter when passed through molding into soft plastic, but i'd probably dip my toes if they offered resin sculpts to capture all the details. the likeness is there, but what really sells it for me is the hair that hot toys failed on.

i could probably care less for their tailoring after their laughing man release, its nowhere good compared to hot toys but for the price, its serviceable. but if the sculpts do turn out good, maybe the $150 is worth the admission for the accessories and sculpts alone to get repainted.

i doubt these are donfung's since there's a run, but he hasn't started yet.

As an 89 freak I am surprised at myself that I never bought the HT 89 Joker.

Mars Toys are making some sweet moves here. Can't wait to see one of those painted up.

The middle one says 'Boo!' and the one on the right is saying 'nice place...lots of space...'

Those sculpts look too good to be true for a 3rd party unlicensed company.
thats what concerns me too. for $150 for the keaton figure. there's no way im getting that same sculpt. most likely its a resin cast. the proto was painted by rodman_dyl. a known custom painter, i just think its real misleading to people that aren't informed or expecting that itll look as good as promo pictures.

of course, figures will take a bit of a downgrade once it goes through a factory but by how much is the real question for this company? i was fooled once thinking their laughing man will be just as good as the dx08 since its an old figure but i was sorely wrong.

I just ordered a DX08 brand new in box and i just want to know if the PERS are as fragile as they are on the DX09? I know batmans are notorious for breaking (I'm too scared to touch mine as they are perfect as they are) so i was wondering if jokers will disintegrate like his does.

I just ordered a DX08 brand new in box and i just want to know if the PERS are as fragile as they are on the DX09? I know batmans are notorious for breaking (I'm too scared to touch mine as they are perfect as they are) so i was wondering if jokers will disintegrate like his does.
you're good. just be gentle with movement. had no issues with the dx08 pers. still works just fine for me

thats what concerns me too. for $150 for the keaton figure. there's no way im getting that same sculpt. most likely its a resin cast. the proto was painted by rodman_dyl. a known custom painter, i just think its real misleading to people that aren't informed or expecting that itll look as good as promo pictures.

of course, figures will take a bit of a downgrade once it goes through a factory but by how much is the real question for this company? i was fooled once thinking their laughing man will be just as good as the dx08 since its an old figure but i was sorely wrong.
To add on to this, I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty confident that MT used the HT version for the promo pics. The way the outfit fits on him, the tie being up where it should be and the less 'glassy eye' look the final products eyes have are all telltale signs. I bought it cause it looked so good in those pics. This was the same thing with the Cyber X mime. I saw the pics and i was considering getting it, but once i saw the in hand pics looked vastly different i decided to fork out the extra to get the HT version and he is 100% worth it imo.

Last edited:
To add on to this, I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty confident that MT used the HT version for the promo pics. The way the outfit fits on him, the tie being up where it should be and the less 'glassy eye' look the final products eyes have are all telltale signs. I bought it cause it looked so good in those pics. This was the same thing with the Cyber X mime. I saw the pics and i was considering getting it, but once i saw the in hand pics looked vastly different i decided to fork out the extra to get the HT version and he is 100% worth it imo.

most likely. im 99% sure theyre using hot toy's figure for promo pictures. Mars Toys did the same thing with their laughing man. real damn misleading imo, i was naive to think they would do good since the figure is about 10+ years old. they used the hot toys figure to advertised their version and it turned out like crap imo. same goes to cyber x like you said. they just used the hot toys figure and made their crap, knowing people would buy it since the hot toys is a bit expensive on the after market now. i went in thinking it was going to be a good purchase. granted its serviceable for $150 but not worth it imo. hot toys is still superior to them at the end of the day.

probably hypocritical of me since i bought a recasted figure, but the tailoring is a huge dead give away. hot toys fits nicely onto the body, nicely tailored too. but learnt my lesson. won't trust buying recasts anymore.

1658999250845.png

most likely. im 99% sure theyre using hot toy's figure for promo pictures. Mars Toys did the same thing with their laughing man. real damn misleading imo, i was naive to think they would do good since the figure is about 10+ years old. they used the hot toys figure to advertised their version and it turned out like crap imo. same goes to cyber x like you said. they just used the hot toys figure and made their crap, knowing people would buy it since the hot toys is a bit expensive on the after market now. i went in thinking it was going to be a good purchase. granted its serviceable for $150 but not worth it imo. hot toys is still superior to them at the end of the day.

probably hypocritical of me since i bought a recasted figure, but the tailoring is a huge dead give away. hot toys fits nicely onto the body, nicely tailored too. but learnt my lesson. won't trust buying recasts anymore.

View attachment 591267
Yeah, i kinda felt that same way too. After i found the DX09 and DX14 for good prices i felt i had to get the DX08 to be satisfied with the 89 collection. Mars Toys figure isn't bad at all but it doesn't hold a candle to the HT. And the cyber x mime i think it goes without saying how that turned out lol. I agree about it not being worth it. The cyber x mime is pretty expensive in Australia and i paid not too much over it for the HT. I feel like i over paid for the MT, jumped into it too quickly and ended up caving for the DX08 anyway. Oh well, lessons learned. If their museum joker turns out good i might pick it up though

I feel like i over paid for the MT, jumped into it too quickly and ended up caving for the DX08 anyway. Oh well, lessons learned. If their museum joker turns out good i might pick it up though
learned my lesson as well. The accessories are really the only good parts of the mars toy release. i ended up using the hands and accessories and bought a dx08 body, headsculpt, and his clothes and it looks damn night and day to me. comparing a roughly $550 figure vs a $150~, theres a difference but if budget is a cost, the mars toy is alright for the price. just don't expect it to be hot toy's.

mars toys teased promising pictures of their new releases. i just hope its their actual work for once instead of stolen from artists. so far, i cant recount anything doing these specific sculpts or penguin's. anything before that, im 99% sure is all recasts.

head sculpts alone look incredible, especially how its casted in resin and all of the details are there. i want the best for any company, just not a company that misleads their customers. i absolutely despise that since now people will have some expectations that they'll receive what was shown in promo pictures.

1659000597483.png

learned my lesson as well. The accessories are really the only good parts of the mars toy release. i ended up using the hands and accessories and bought a dx08 body, headsculpt, and his clothes and it looks damn night and day to me. comparing a roughly $550 figure vs a $150~, theres a difference but if budget is a cost, the mars toy is alright for the price. just don't expect it to be hot toy's.

mars toys teased promising pictures of their new releases. i just hope its their actual work for once instead of stolen from artists. so far, i cant recount anything doing these specific sculpts or penguin's. anything before that, im 99% sure is all recasts.

head sculpts alone look incredible, especially how its casted in resin and all of the details are there. i want the best for any company, just not a company that misleads their customers. i absolutely despise that since now people will have some expectations that they'll receive what was shown in promo pictures.

View attachment 591278
Yeah those sculpts look so good. The laughing one is just amazing. And yeah the mars toys figure was my first ever 1/6th scale figure. I only recently got into this. I wanted the DX08 for many years (huge 89 batman fan) and thought mars toys was a good substitute. And i actually thought that you had the HT figure out of the box from that picture you posted of it, but thats a really good cost efficient way to get the whole thing. I ended up paying a lot to get the DX08 especially since i ordered it brand new in shipper, but the mars toys one feels like a bigger hit to my wallet because i made a mistake in jumping too early. I thought the DX08 would forever be out of my price range, but having the other 2 89 figures made me jump through some more hoops and pay more than what i initially was ok with to complete the collection.

tbh costed me a bit more than if i was to buy the dx08 used, they can surf around $500-$550. ebay prices are horrible. sometimes you can find good deals, but mostly overpriced figures. the dx08 body, sculpt and clothes costed me about $350~ roughly. only things that are mars toys are the accessories and hands but theyre arent noticeable enough to warrant me going out of my way to buy dx08 hands tbh.

but as long as you're happy and satisfied with the figure, im really happy with my "dx08" if you could even call it that. the 89 figures really pop. recently found a local deal for 350 for the dx09 in real damn good condition.

1659002231442.png

tbh costed me a bit more than if i was to buy the dx08 used, they can surf around $500-$550. ebay prices are horrible. sometimes you can find good deals, but mostly overpriced figures. the dx08 body, sculpt and clothes costed me about $350~ roughly. only things that are mars toys are the accessories and hands but theyre arent noticeable enough to warrant me going out of my way to buy dx08 hands tbh.

but as long as you're happy and satisfied with the figure, im really happy with my "dx08" if you could even call it that. the 89 figures really pop. recently found a local deal for 350 for the dx09 in real damn good condition.

View attachment 591279
Yeah that looks good i genuinely thought you had a brand new DX08. One thing i will say is that the hat looks too big, that MT hat is kinda bad imo. Even on the MT figure i just think it's slightly too loose and doesn't fit right. But it's just a hat, not worth replacing it with the real HT

Yeah that looks good i genuinely thought you had a brand new DX08. One thing i will say is that the hat looks too big, that MT hat is kinda bad imo. Even on the MT figure i just think it's slightly too loose and doesn't fit right. But it's just a hat, not worth replacing it with the real HT
yep thats the mars toy hat. i couldn't really compare the two since they kinda looked alike. my solution to fixing the big hat so it isnt loose is using sticky tac and sticking it on the head. im aware the original HT hat has its own issues as well

yep thats the mars toy hat. i couldn't really compare the two since they kinda looked alike. my solution to fixing the big hat so it isnt loose is using sticky tac and sticking it on the head. im aware the original HT hat has its own issues as well
Oh wow i wasn't aware of the issues with the hot toys hat. A thing i think MT should do away with is the PERS. I was frustrated when i was taking photos and i couldn't get the eyes to look all the way left or right or up and down. I think these new sculpts should just be sculpted eyes

Oh wow i wasn't aware of the issues with the hot toys hat. A thing i think MT should do away with is the PERS. I was frustrated when i was taking photos and i couldn't get the eyes to look all the way left or right or up and down. I think these new sculpts should just be sculpted eyes
yeah.. i honestly wasn't sure about it either. apparently some people had issue fitting the original hat onto the sculpt since it was loose.

i think most third party companies should do away with their attempt for PERS and let hot toys or inart do it. if they cant get the eyes right, its impossible to make the sculpt look good.

i think most third party companies should do away with their attempt for PERS and let hot toys or inart do it. if they cant get the eyes right, its impossible to make the sculpt look good.
I agree, they kinda degraded that sculpt a lil bit with those glassy eyes. Just something off about them

Back