Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The crazy thing is Beast Kingdom was able to make a figure of him a couple years ago . I wonder if they found a loop hole to be able to make one with his likeness even though the sculpt looked a little like a shrunken down DX08. It’s hard to believe that they could afford his likeness rights yet they do mention him by name in their product description of the figure. I wouldn’t imagine they could do that if they didn’t have his likeness rights.

The crazy thing is Beast Kingdom was able to make a figure of him a couple years ago . I wonder if they found a loop hole to be able to make one with his likeness even though the sculpt looked a little like a shrunken down DX08. It’s hard to believe that they could afford his likeness rights yet they do mention him by name in their product description of the figure. I wouldn’t imagine they could do that if they didn’t have his likeness rights.

Honestly I doubt they legally got Jack’s likeness rights. They straight-up bootlegged a DX08 head for it, and I really doubt Beast Kingdom could afford his likeness rights.

Honestly I doubt they legally got Jack’s likeness rights. They straight-up bootlegged a DX08 head for it, and I really doubt Beast Kingdom could afford his likeness rights.
Like @Mike86 mentioned, Beast Kingdom makes officially licensed products, so I don't think they could get away with a bootleg. They would have to get approval from someone in WB's licensing department to have then signed off on the production of that figure. Could be a scale thing.

That little Beast Kingdom Nicholson is awesome. I got two for $60 from BBTS sale.

Love him.

A78A2521-1ACD-45BD-A46E-BAE3D6768187.jpeg

4CDEAA30-2163-49D7-AF2D-862180CC1409.jpeg

There isn’t a lot of Nicholson Joker collectibles out there, but the ones that exist are very, very nice. Love them and hope to see more.

Last edited:
A quick question for you guys, would you rather pull the trigger for DX08 or wait for a future rerelease/remake or something new? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if waiting is the best choice in this case

A quick question for you guys, would you rather pull the trigger for DX08 or wait for a future rerelease/remake or something new? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if waiting is the best choice in this case
It's doubtful we'll see a re-release or 2.0. Here's the thing-- HT spent a lot on the likeness rights and overproduced the two figures to a point where they were an abundance for years. While the collecting scene has certainly changed and we're not privy to the licensing deal, I still don't see them spending money on paying Nicholson again. Remember, he's not not cheap and he got the deal of the century by taking in a sizable chunk of box office and merch profits of the 89 movie.

On a sidenote, I have one for sale so anyone looking for one hit me up!

Last edited:
Back