Hope for Illyria?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
From yesterday's "Ask Sideshow" chat:

Dave: That Angel is great - now about Illyria...

SideshowBrant: May I be honest about Illyria? She's a fantastic character, but that costume would be very, very difficult to pull off nicely in 1:6 scale.

Dave: yeah, but you have to try!

SideshowBrant: There you are Dave...

Dave: yep

I'm going to infer that Brant is implying that Team Sideshow, undaunted and unafraid, will one day deliver unto us in all her magnifigance, an Illyria!

Right? :crying

Illyria.jpg

Sounds like the Illyria fans are in for a good long wait. Maybe she'll become the Giles of this line.

Okay, I would still really love them to try as well. This is a must have figure. But, if they decide not to do it in the 1:6 scale I'm hoping we get a special PF Illyria. I don't own any figures of that scale but I'd make an exception for Illyria!!

Although I'd want mine not made out of that strechy material but the harder leather like stuff from the ep. Or it might look alittle cheap. NOT saying that it isnt a amazing custom but thats just how I'd want mine.

Wow, looks impressive to me! I'm betting Sideshow could do a fantastic outfit just based on how this guy is putting his together. Seeing that makes me want an Illyria figure even more!

SideshowBrant: May I be honest about Illyria? She's a fantastic character, but that costume would be very, very difficult to pull off nicely in 1:6 scale.

I choose to read that as "Yes, we are planning a 1/4 PF Illyria." :horror :google :blissy :D

Fritz said:
Quote:
I choose to read that as "Yes, we are planning a 1/4 PF Illyria." :horror :google :blissy :D

But if a guy can do a version as well as in that link, then Sideshow really shouldn't have a problem, based on their fine work in the past. And if they are doing a 1:6 Angel line, then not delivering Illyria would be like the Buffy line not getting Giles. Oh, waitaminute...

I just don't see what the big deal is. Take a tight fitting body suit and sew the pieces onto it, it doesn't seem all that complicated.

Well if Illyria would be difficult, I have a suggestion. Brant, if you're reading this, why not just get the Underworld license and practice by making a 12" and 1/4 PF version of Selene? :naughty That would give you good experience before making Illyria. :joy :blissy :D

Fritz said:
Well if Illyria would be difficult, I have a suggestion. Brant, if you're reading this, why not just get the Underworld license and practice by making a 1/4 PF version of Selene? :naughty That would give you good experience before making Illyria. :joy :blissy :D

That guy is a genius! Sideshow, you should SO listen to him :naughty

Back