Hiya Toys 1/12 Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a preorder processing soon email from BBTS for Cain.

I don't have a 1/18 Robocop but that pic of those 3 together has me now thinking I might go ahead and get one.

It's just that this Hiya Toys might be the only Cain we ever get. So it would make sense to have a Robocop that's in scale with him.

I know there was a rumour that NECA is considering Cain but I can easily see that not panning out due to the cost of tooling and engineering involved when weighed against the demand.

Well surprised an impressed with this set. Jam packed with articulation!
EDIT: Was completely unaware this was posted already ha, thanks!
https://www.instagram.com/series209/
IMG_2930.JPG

I wouldn't be too sure that this is the only Cain we get.

There's a model kit coming out soon in Japan from Moderoid that should be closer to 1/12 scale. I don't like model kits though cause I suck at building them.

But for years and years, we got nothing, and now there's a few options. Hopefully that means NECA can make good and give us a finished figure in the proper scale. I know personally I'd be OK with very limited articulation as long as the sculpt and paint were good.

I wouldn't be too sure that this is the only Cain we get.

There's a model kit coming out soon in Japan from Moderoid that should be closer to 1/12 scale. I don't like model kits though cause I suck at building them.

But for years and years, we got nothing, and now there's a few options. Hopefully that means NECA can make good and give us a finished figure in the proper scale. I know personally I'd be OK with very limited articulation as long as the sculpt and paint were good.

It'd be so cool but I'm prepared for disappointment. It really looked like we were going to get Drake from Aliens till things apparently fell apart behind the scenes....which we only subsequently heard about recently in Critical Drinker's interview with Mark Rolston which had a fan Q&A (Drinker himself has no interest in this hobby, didn't know what NECA was).

And just in general NECA seem to be moving more into cartoons and videogames. Increasingly feels like their peak movie-license days are behind them. But I could be wrong. Their latest Robocop stuff did seem to come from out of the blue. I wouldn't have thought they'd make his chair.

edit - just saw my Cain has shipped from BBTS

The best way to skip this figure is rewatch Robocop 2…
Sorry for this movie lovers but it was on tv tonight and hadn’t see it for almost 30 years.
It is so bad, sorry again but what a disaster compared to the original movie.
I didn’t remember a so bad movie.
☹️

Oh it's a generally terrible movie. Pretty much the only scene with merit is the one with the wife visiting Robocop/Murphy at the station. Otherwise I only watch it for the stop-motion effects which still manage to impress for what they are.

Robocop worked a mere one time - his origin-story.

The best way to skip this figure is rewatch Robocop 2…
Sorry for this movie lovers but it was on tv tonight and hadn’t see it for almost 30 years.
It is so bad, sorry again but what a disaster compared to the original movie.
I didn’t remember a so bad movie.
☹️

The original is fantastic. While RoboCop 2 is not fantastic, it is a good sequel, but surely has it's weak and questionable parts. The good parts are GREAT, as good as any action sequences in the Original RoboCop and CAIN steals the show. THAT THING IS A KILLER! How can you not smile ear to ear when Cain is doing his thing. He's would cut through ED-209 like a hot knife through better. One of the greatest cyborgs-robots to grace the silver screen. $50 for this little figure is a hell of a deal. This film is VERY comparable to Predator 2. Funny cause RoboCop and Predator were both made in 1987, RoboCop 2 & Predator 2 were both made in 1990. Both received mixed reviews, but both are very good sequels, despite both to holding a candle to the original classics.

Yeah, that’s right that Cain is impressive but it’s just that maybe what I saw yesterday wasn’t the movie I remembered as a kid.
But even if it’s an easy pass for me yeah it’s a lovely figure.
😉

I opened the Pax exclusive battle damaged ED 209 and Robocop yesterday, and sweet mother McCrae they're awesome.

Fantastic sculpts, poseability and paintwork. The box is amazing too, but an absolute bastard to close again!

Now I have to get Cain too!

I've been really impressed with Hiya so far, I've also got Judge Dredd and Judge Death and they are fantastic too.

Thanks for the pics Yoshi.

I received the clean version from BBTS today. On first look I was shocked how small the box is - I guess I forgot what scale we're talking about here. You open it up and it kinda seems unimpressive - but when you extend the legs to max height and unfurl all the arms you end up being pleasantly surprised at how much you've got - pretty damn good amount of articulation and moving parts. I like it. Finally something other than just Robocop and ED-209.

Not sure what happened to this. It was delayed from June to now August, and it wasn't even at the Hiya Toys booth at SDCC.

Probably will pass this unless the retail version comes out looking amazing. The Robocop 1/12 market is pretty over-saturated at the moment!

Back