"His Unlucky Day" 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's not. Probably some rude ****** he was rude back to that started rumors.

I used to frequent alot of horror websites and I've talked to multiple people who have met him that said he just seemed really uninterested in fans and was rather rude. Maybe they were expecting too much, I don't know but most of the people I talked too didn't seem have any reason to lie. That being said I've never met the man myself so in the end I probably shouldn't judge but sadly I've heard many more negatives rather than positives. Regardless of whether Savini's a douch in real life or not, I'll always be a huge fan of his work.

I'll never forget one time I was going to get a photo signed by Kane Hodder and there was just one guy in front of me in line. Well, the guy didn't buy anything and he just stood there yapping at him for at least ten minutes, knowing there was a line of paying customers behind him. People actually got in back of me and left because it was taking so long and poor Kane was just standing there and nodding and smiling at this jerk.

That's what some people go in expecting: that they have a new best friend in someone working a horror convention. I understand they should be polite, but remember that they are people too. Once I saw Danny Trejo when he was sick as a dog and could barely speak. I could give a ____ that he wasn't too talkative; I was happy enough that he came in to take pictures with his fans even though he felt like death.

I always have a script I follow at these things that seems to work well for me and the guests. I say hello and tell them my name. I tell them it's a pleasure to meet them. I then ask if they could please sign my memorabilia. I thank them, pay them for the autograph (I always make sure I know what they're asking and have it ready) and ask for a photo with them. I thank them once more and I'm off on my way. The only time I break that is if I have something I feel is important to say to them. Sometimes if it's a director, I tell them that I teach his/her work in my science fiction class. That's about it.

Face it people, these people are there to sell autographs and smile with some fans. They don't want to know your life story and they don't owe it to you to stand there for ten minutes and listen to you blab about some bull____ they don't care about. If Savini was rude at some point to someone out there in internet land, I'm willing it's because they went in there expecting too much.

I'll never forget one time I was going to get a photo signed by Kane Hodder and there was just one guy in front of me in line. Well, the guy didn't buy anything and he just stood there yapping at him for at least ten minutes, knowing there was a line of paying customers behind him. People actually got in back of me and left because it was taking so long and poor Kane was just standing there and nodding and smiling at this jerk.

That's what some people go in expecting: that they have a new best friend in someone working a horror convention. I understand they should be polite, but remember that they are people too. Once I saw Danny Trejo when he was sick as a dog and could barely speak. I could give a ____ that he wasn't too talkative; I was happy enough that he came in to take pictures with his fans even though he felt like death.

I always have a script I follow at these things that seems to work well for me and the guests. I say hello and tell them my name. I tell them it's a pleasure to meet them. I then ask if they could please sign my memorabilia. I thank them, pay them for the autograph (I always make sure I know what they're asking and have it ready) and ask for a photo with them. I thank them once more and I'm off on my way. The only time I break that is if I have something I feel is important to say to them. Sometimes if it's a director, I tell them that I teach his/her work in my science fiction class. That's about it.

Face it people, these people are there to sell autographs and smile with some fans. They don't want to know your life story and they don't owe it to you to stand there for ten minutes and listen to you blab about some bull____ they don't care about. If Savini was rude at some point to someone out there in internet land, I'm willing it's because they went in there expecting too much.

I'm glad you had a good experience meeting Savini ozzfan. However just because you had a good experience meeting him doesn't mean everyone else did. I'm sure you're right that some of the guys spouting negativity expected too much but like I said, I've read more negative comments about the man than positive and have no reason to believe they were all lying about it. Again though I shouldn't judge until I've met the man personally. If I ever do meet him and he turns out to be the nicest guy on the planet, I'll come back here and admit I'm a total ******!

I'm glad you had a good experience meeting Savini ozzfan. However just because you had a good experience meeting him doesn't mean everyone else did. I'm sure you're right that some of the guys spouting negativity expected too much but like I said, I've read more negative comments about the man than positive and have no reason to believe they were all lying about it. Again though I shouldn't judge until I've met the man personally. If I ever do meet him and he turns out to be the nicest guy on the planet, I'll come back here and admit I'm a total ******!

I've met him as well and he was pleasant to me and everyone else he'd met that I saw. I'd just offer up that if second hand info isn't holding up to first hand experience, that's gotta tell ya something. :huh

What specific accounts have you heard? Did he spit on a fan? I think it would be nice to hear exactly what it is that has caused you to believe he acts poorly at these cons, despite video proof up above and two people posting here that they've met him and had positive experiences.

For the sake of being fair, I'll post some encounters I've had. I've met him several times since about 2006. In each event, he was more than happy to sign all my items and take photos with me. One time I saw him he had just gotten new tattoos and they were still wrapped up. I commented on how they looked great under the plastic wrap and he said thanks. Another time he signed a variety of posters for me. He didn't charge me to sign about five posters! I bought a photo from him after that point, but it didn't begin to make up for it. Last October he began charging to sign your stuff, but I got a few posters signed anyway and he was pleasant throughout.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, "not seeming interested in fans" does not make him a ******. Many people who attend these shows are in fact boring and they have no social awareness of how they should be conducting themselves. I've seen it myself way too many times. These guests aren't there to boost your self esteem and make you feel special.

Some guests are openly warm and WANT to spend 10 minutes talking to each person. That boils down to a personality thing, because remember your cash is only good for an autograph and a photo--not a tap dance performance.

What specific accounts have you heard? Did he spit on a fan? I think it would be nice to hear exactly what it is that has caused you to believe he acts poorly at these cons, despite video proof up above and two people posting here that they've met him and had positive experiences.

For the sake of being fair, I'll post some encounters I've had. I've met him several times since about 2006. In each event, he was more than happy to sign all my items and take photos with me. One time I saw him he had just gotten new tattoos and they were still wrapped up. I commented on how they looked great under the plastic wrap and he said thanks. Another time he signed a variety of posters for me. He didn't charge me to sign about five posters! I bought a photo from him after that point, but it didn't begin to make up for it. Last October he began charging to sign your stuff, but I got a few posters signed anyway and he was pleasant throughout.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, "not seeming interested in fans" does not make him a ******. Many people who attend these shows are in fact boring and they have no social awareness of how they should be conducting themselves. I've seen it myself way too many times. These guests aren't there to boost your self esteem and make you feel special.

Some guests are openly warm and WANT to spend 10 minutes talking to each person. That boils down to a personality thing, because remember your cash is only good for an autograph and a photo--not a tap dance performance.

Like I said I've hung out on other forums (nightowlpro, michael-myers.net to name a couple) and have talked other people who also have met him (or at least claimed to have met him) and many claim he was rude or at the very least seemed really uninterested. Maybe they took it a little too personally and considered him being uninterested as rudeness. I get as I think most do, that these guys arn't there to be sociable but I have no reason not to believe them just as I have no reason not to believe you. Maybe all those guys met him while he was in a bad mood. But like I've said for the umpteenth time I shouldn't judge the man because I've never met him but if I do ever get to meet him and he turns out to be the nice guy (which I do hope since I am a big fan of his work), I'll come straight back to this thread and admit I'm a ____. At the very least though, that vid proves he's not uninterested in his fans all the time.

Also I should point out most of the negativity I heard and read about Savini was a few years back but after reading some more recent stuff it seems there are more positives about him. He definitely seems cool in that video.

Only two people i've met are Danny Trejo and Michael Ironside Trejo was a ****** and didn't even speak and Ironside was awesome. Very friendly answered a few questions. I even joked around with him saying he always loses his arm in movies and he laughed along. I think it varies on what time you meet these people and what mood they were in. Later that day Trejo did a talk and I asked if he was going to be in 'Predators' to which his response was ' if Robert is making it I better be in it'. He seemed like a totally different person and it was a couple of hours after the signing.

I met him once but at the time I didnt get his autograph. I just checked out all his displays and said how cool all of it was, took some pictures.
He was all smiles and did talk here and there but not rude at all to me.

Then later on that evening others came and said they asked how much hed sell something for and he said It out of your price range so dont ask.

They took it as very rude but it made me laugh

77f1d487.jpg

Bezzerkerr, A big congrats mate...:hi5: This bust is fkn' INSANE!!!!!!!
And as King Darkness mentioned "perfection"....:clap:clap:clap

Who cares if Tom Savini is a ****** or not, just get your s^^t signed
and move along people. It's not as if we're all good friends with the guy...:D

Back