"His Unlucky Day" 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everybody, my name is James, and I am the sculptor and painter of this piece.

First off, I would like to thank Bezzerkerr for introducing my work to this forum. He is indeed the one to thank for bringing my work and myself to the attention of this great collecting community.

Now for a little bit of background on this project. This makeup design has been an inspiration for me, and one that I was determined to replicate as closely as possible. The sculpting process for this piece literally took years to complete, simply because decent reference materials of this design are almost impossible to find. I have contacted numerous people involved with the actual films production, as well as some hardcore fans, in order to acquire such references.

Also, going into this project, I had almost no experience in portrait sculpting, molding, casting, or painting. It was simply through my desire to make the best replica that I could, that I was able to learn these things. Also, the internet is an amazing resource if you know where to search.

So, if there is that piece that you have always wanted to see done, get some clay or some wax, some loop and dental tools, and you may surprise yourself.

To answer some of the comments, I am so glad that so many of you guys really like the eyes! Painting the iris is easily one of my favorite parts of finishing these. It was accomplished with fine detail brushes, transparent inks, and lots of layering with glazes in between. Also, the whole piece is translucent resin, painted entirely in transparent inks.

The skin color of Jason from the film is indeed a rather generic flesh tone. The lighting in the film is very dark, often distorting the appearance of Jason's skin. Also, Jason's face and head are surprisingly very clean, at least at the end with the prosthetic makeup. Once again, gritty lighting and camera gave Jason the illusion of a grimier look.

As far as the production of these busts are concerned, I have sold out of the first run, but plan to start another. I will not likely be ready to start working on a second run of 13 until the beginning of next year however.

If you guys have any questions about this project, feel free to ask or drop me a pm.

I am really glad to be here, and I hope to have more to share with all of you guys in the future!

the man is here! Good to see you.

Welcome to the boards Hydroceph@lus, dude your work on this piece is epic. Look foward to reading more from you, but Im sure your a busy guy so a few posts here and there are fine. Great work man. This is actually my wallpaper on my home computer.

I came across this video today. Pretty cool.

Tom Savini, the creator of the part 4 effects sees the "His Unlucky Day" bust at a horror convention...and he like what he sees :hi5:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BksE0yulSs&feature=player_embedded"]Savini - YouTube[/ame]

That was cool to see Tom Savini have such a positive reaction to this bust. You hear so many unpleasant stories about meeting Savini.
Man, this HUD bust is outstanding!

really? Why is he a ____ or something?

I've heard from many people he's not the most pleasant guy around and that he seems really uninterested in fans at cons.

Damn I really wish I could have gotten a HUD bust. That thing is the most accurate part 4 aside from the screen used prop.

I've heard from many people he's not the most pleasant guy around and that he seems really uninterested in fans at cons.

Damn I really wish I could have gotten a HUD bust. That thing is the most accurate part 4 aside from the screen used prop.

Wow. What a disappointment. ******.

I have gotten things signed by Savini multiple times over multiple years and he has always been pleasant. I think some people go to these cons and expect these people to want to be their BFFs. Go there expecting to get an autograph and a picture for your cash, make some small talk and move on. Then you won't be disappointed.

Up until recently, Savini actually signed your items for free-- that's an amazing gesture of him. He has started to charge $20, which is not bad considering that some are charging up to $40 nowadays. Let's face it, it costs them money to drive/fly out to these cons.

I have gotten things signed by Savini multiple times over multiple years and he has always been pleasant. I think some people go to these cons and expect these people to want to be their BFFs. Go there expecting to get an autograph and a picture for your cash, make some small talk and move on. Then you won't be disappointed.

Up until recently, Savini actually signed your items for free-- that's an amazing gesture of him. He has started to charge $20, which is not bad considering that some are charging up to $40 nowadays. Let's face it, it costs them money to drive/fly out to these cons.

:lecture:lecture:lecture ^^^ THIS! ^^^ :exactly:

:lecture:lecture:lecture ^^^ THIS! ^^^ :exactly:

And notice no one here has posted a negative experience they PERSONALLY had with him. It's all this "I hear" rumor bull____ that is damaging to these celebrities' livelihood. Someone might come on here and then skip him at the next con because they heard that someone they don't know on the internet "heard" he was a ____.

And notice no one here has posted a negative experience they PERSONALLY had with him. It's all this "I hear" rumor bull____ that is damaging to these celebrities' livelihood. Someone might come on here and then skip him at the next con because they heard that someone they don't know on the internet "heard" he was a ____.

Yep. Met him at a con and some prick was offended that Tom was actually signing other people's autographs while trying to talk to him, despite the fact that the prick was too cheap to pay to get anything signed and just expected Tom to devote a half hour to said prick who just wanted to talk about all the effects mistakes caught on film over the course of Savini's career. When it was my turn to get his sig, I made a joke about the guy and Tom didn't say anything negative and just replied, "Hey, he is who he is. Some people only see the negativity in things. What're you gonna do?" and shrugged. Hardly sounds like the jackass people are making him out to be.

The vid even reinforces this. Instead of getting pissed off that someone basically ripped off his work and was selling it for money, he complemented it, asked where he could buy one, even offering to buy it right then and there. :lol

^^ I'm glad to hear he's awesome. I always "hear" he's a ******. But yeah, could be comin from douches who act douchey, therefor are douched back.

:lol

Back