"His Unlucky Day" 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know his right eye was loopy, I don't remember that in the film. Looks very good as far as sculpt. The skin looks fantastic as well, but if I am not mistaken Jason had greyish skin in the 4th film.

I think the "grey" skin was just because in the scene where he gets his mask knocked off the lighting in the basement is a bit dim giving it the look of "greyed" skin. I think it actually is more flesh colored as the bust suggests.

I think the "grey" skin was just because in the scene where he gets his mask knocked off the lighting in the basement is a bit dim giving it the look of "greyed" skin. I think it actually is more flesh colored as the bust suggests.

This. The only thing I would possibly suggest is to add some subtile weathering to make him look a tad dirtier. The overall paint and sculpt are amazing though.

Yes, he did had a crazy eye in the film. Though his skin may seem to look greyish in the movie, it was not.....
jason4film1.jpg

Even though this is a great bust, I much prefer Part 3's look, it had the best look for the human Jason imo.

Even though this is a great bust, I much prefer Part 3's look, it had the best look for the human Jason imo.

I like Pt4 Jason best, it's also my fave film in the series but 3 is a CLOSE second. I love the bloody hock, his the long, dirty finger nails and Savini's make-up not to mention he had the best "death" in Pt4 as well. Jason's overall look was just so brutal but no doubt Pt3 Jason is the classic.

Hey everybody, my name is James, and I am the sculptor and painter of this piece.

First off, I would like to thank Bezzerkerr for introducing my work to this forum. He is indeed the one to thank for bringing my work and myself to the attention of this great collecting community.

Now for a little bit of background on this project. This makeup design has been an inspiration for me, and one that I was determined to replicate as closely as possible. The sculpting process for this piece literally took years to complete, simply because decent reference materials of this design are almost impossible to find. I have contacted numerous people involved with the actual films production, as well as some hardcore fans, in order to acquire such references.

Also, going into this project, I had almost no experience in portrait sculpting, molding, casting, or painting. It was simply through my desire to make the best replica that I could, that I was able to learn these things. Also, the internet is an amazing resource if you know where to search.

So, if there is that piece that you have always wanted to see done, get some clay or some wax, some loop and dental tools, and you may surprise yourself.

To answer some of the comments, I am so glad that so many of you guys really like the eyes! Painting the iris is easily one of my favorite parts of finishing these. It was accomplished with fine detail brushes, transparent inks, and lots of layering with glazes in between. Also, the whole piece is translucent resin, painted entirely in transparent inks.

The skin color of Jason from the film is indeed a rather generic flesh tone. The lighting in the film is very dark, often distorting the appearance of Jason's skin. Also, Jason's face and head are surprisingly very clean, at least at the end with the prosthetic makeup. Once again, gritty lighting and camera gave Jason the illusion of a grimier look.

As far as the production of these busts are concerned, I have sold out of the first run, but plan to start another. I will not likely be ready to start working on a second run of 13 until the beginning of next year however.

If you guys have any questions about this project, feel free to ask or drop me a pm.

I am really glad to be here, and I hope to have more to share with all of you guys in the future!

Back