Here comes the new guy.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandalorianWrath

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Dia Dhaoibh, y'all,

The short: I'm a Star Wars collector who just got into Hot Toys figures.

The long: Back as a teen and young adult the brunt of my collection was made up of about two hundred 3-3/4 action figures from Kenner/Hasbro as well as Gentle Giant busts and a few 1:1 replicas, but about ten years ago came some 'Dark Times' and I parted with nearly everything. Looking back it was probably a blessing in disguise as I no longer had any interest in those little plastic figures that were taking up far too much space and collecting dust, and already I regretted having invested time and money in those when I could see the amazing craftsmanship going into larger pieces such as statues or a little later, HT's first sixth-scale figures.

So recently after my interest in Star Wars was rekindled by The Mandalorian series (favorite SW faction since I first saw Boba Fett on my TV screen in 1993), I decided to finally jump on the bandwagon and got a MMS574 Boba Fett from a collector. Upon receiving it and inspecting the figure I immediately preordered a Jango Fett, Bo-Katan, Koska Reeves and Deluxe Mandalorian with Grogu (Chrome version)... the last two of which have yet to arrive as I type this.

So I guess at the moment that makes me a strictly Mandalorian-only collector although I still cherish my nearly complete 1978-1985 Kenner figure collection and a few choice items of other characters.

Can't wait to admire all the collections and the handiwork of some of the modders here.

Thanks for reading and have a good day!

:welcome1: Sixth-scale figure collecting is such a black hole of a hobby. Love it but it's so hard on my wallet. Been considering indulging in more Star Wars figures myself, since I've been rewatching The Clone Wars again. Just finished Andor too.

:welcome1: Sixth-scale figure collecting is such a black hole of a hobby. Love it but it's so hard on my wallet. Been considering indulging in more Star Wars figures myself, since I've been rewatching The Clone Wars again. Just finished Andor too.

I have yet to watch Andor. I gave it a try, kind of struggled to finish the first episode, quite enjoyed the second, but I let too much time pass before continuing and moved on to other shows. It wasn't bad, I was even starting to like it, but the Rebels vs Empire stuff has never been my thing in SW and I don't find any of the main characters very charismatic. I'd much rather have Jedi and Sith hurling furniture at each other or Mandos and clones showing some camaraderie and blowing things up in cool armors...

TCW was a great show. And I'm hearing good things about The Bad Batch but there again it's a matter of not really digging the protagonists' looks and personalities. Maybe the plot and villains make it worth a watch?

wavesmile.gif
Hello and :welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, MW! :wave

Back