Hello from New Jersey!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomHero

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all!

My name is Matt, I'm 27 years old, and I'm from the great state of New Jersey (no, I don't know Snooki or Bon Jovi!). I'm just about brand new to sixth scale collecting. I just discovered this forum and figured what the hell, why not become a part of the community and make some new friends?

Some fun facts about me: I'm from north west New Jersey...the part with mountains that's away from the infamous Garden State Parkway. I live about 15 minutes from George Washington's HQ in Morristown. I have a job working in reinsurance for one of the biggest insurance companies in the world. I am a massive hockey fan, I have New Jersey Devils season tickets and have met and gotten an autograph from almost the entire active NHL. Most are nice guys! I played hockey and baseball in high school, and am currently training to take up rock climbing. I play the occasional video game, I have a PS4 and Assassin's Creed and Uncharted are my favorite franchises.

I just started collection SSC/HT sixth scale figures this past March. So far, I've gotten 8 pieces for my brand new display cabinet... the HT ANH Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, the SSC Han Solo (Hoth) and R2-D2, the AoU Thor, BvS Superman, the HT Sandtrooper and the SSC Nathan Drake. I have the Civil War Captain America and Scarlet Witch on pre order from Sideshow, as well as the Star Ace Dumbledore and the upcoming Rey & BB-8. This hobby makes you BROKE!

Anywho, I hope to get to know some of you and build my collection with this place as a resource. Any questions about me, feel free to ask!

-Matt

Welcome! I'm not from Jersey, but I'm here. :lol

You should check out Unmasked Collectibles in Milburn and Rogue Comics in Cranford for local SSC/HT buying (if you haven't already).

:duff

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Matt!
wavesmile.gif

I'm from jersey too! Central Jersey that is. I see you got bit with the HT/SSC bug. It's addicting!! Definitely check out my favorite store Unmasked Collectibles in Millburn NJ. I deal with them mostly for all my HT/SSC stuff, and they have great customer service. I also go to comic fortress in somerset nj and they have an awesome collection of statues and HT too! Good luck and welcome!

welcome im from south jersey. i also appreciate other jersey members who have been sharing places to buy 1/6 figures locally, since its very hard to find information online. If anyone else knows of any other places in jersey that carry 1/6 figures please share.

I'm from jersey too! Central Jersey that is. I see you got bit with the HT/SSC bug. It's addicting!! Definitely check out my favorite store Unmasked Collectibles in Millburn NJ. I deal with them mostly for all my HT/SSC stuff, and they have great customer service. I also go to comic fortress in somerset nj and they have an awesome collection of statues and HT too! Good luck and welcome!

Millburn isn't far from me at all! I'm actually in Short Hills a pretty fair amount, so I may have to check out Unmasked! What type of HT do they carry? New releases or older type stuff?

Back