Hello from London & Azores

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NullMind

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I recently re-kindled my love of statue collecting, perhaps I should have not as it quickly depleted my wallet, but hey, you only live once and one must do what gives him joy.

I will be mainly focusing on ¼ scale, I just love the detail and manageable scale on it, I don't have a particular line I am a fan of, but Marvel does sit at the top, I do love any sci-fy in general.

At the moment I bought

Mass Effect Garrus (GamingHeads)
Mass Effect Liara (GamingHeads)
Mass Effect Tali (GamingHeads - PO)
Mass Effect Mordin (GamingHeads - PO)
Half Life 2 Dr. Gordon Freeman (Gamingheads)

Captain America (Iron Studios)

Wolverine 'Logan' (Narin)
Wolverine (Sculptured by Michael Baldwin)

TMNT Leonado (Prime 1)
TMNT Michelangelo (Prime 1)
TMNT Donatello (Prime 1)
TMNT Raphael (Prime 1)

Team Fortress 2 Heavy (Gamingheads)

Deadpool kills Marvel Universe (Xionart)

Master Chief (Kotobukiya)

Portal Atlas & P-body (ThreeA)

And a few other others I got as part of games special editions, such as Marcus Fenix (Gears of War), etc

For those interested, you can see pictures and details on some of the statues here: https://nullmind.com/category/models-statues/

I seem to be starting to gather a preference for statues made in shorter runs by small studios, or even better, short run kits that I can have a good painter do (like the wolverines and deadpool), I prefer to have less statues, but have high quality and rare ones.

Next I wish to finish the Team Fortress collection, before embarking on a Batman, Superman & Star Wars quest :)

While I am based off London in the UK, my collection has all been shipped to my summer (future retirement) house in the Azores - Portugal, where it will be displayed with pride, I'm sure most people will wonder why am I spending money on 'children's toys'.

I am currently working on the display cases, I have settled on Ikea PAX, there will be 3 x 1 meter wide ones and currently chasing for acrylic/glass doors for it, this is how it will look:

AutoSave_Display_Cabinets_skp_-_SketchUp_Pro.jpg

I can already see that before long the collection will be worth more than the house !!

Carlos (NullMind)

:welcome1:

Spend your money how you like, as long as its not illegal or harming anyone. I would buy much more action figs if I had more money, that's for certain.

Back