HCG T-800 Half Size Endo Bust (SCANS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im still happy with mine still thinking of getting the full size figure to go with it.

Would be awesome if the parts are interchangeable between the half body and the full body. I would love to upgrade my 1:2 full body with some new arms holding 2 rifles that are a lot more accurate. Can anyone find out if they are?

Hey All-

1st post here, hope I am doing this right. I just picked one of these up and I was wondering if anyone familiar with these can verify that inside the chest cavity is pretty much empty? Meaning the cables and pistons that go into the chest don't actually connect to anything but just kind of hang there and disappear into the void so to speak. Makes me think some crucial part is missing or something, but I can see how it could be by design.

Anyways I searched this forum and read through this thread with no mention of it, and it's kind of difficult to tell from the photos. If anyone can enlighten me it would be appreciated, thanks...

I have the 1:2 full body and the chest cavity is empty with the cables loose. Hope this helps some.

Shot in the dark here, but does anyone happen to know where I can find one of these? They never seem to pop up
on eBay anymore.

Not sure if snoop had any luck back in 2018, but I'll ask as well. Anyone got a line on this bust? Or at least some idea of its current value these days?

In good condition, with working lights, my guess is around $1500, given its unique features and overall scarcity.

Not sure if snoop had any luck back in 2018, but I'll ask as well. Anyone got a line on this bust? Or at least some idea of its current value these days?

No luck. I’ve sort of given up on it. I’ve seen one pop up on eBay in almost two years.

No luck. I’ve sort of given up on it. I’ve seen one pop up on eBay in almost two years.

Oof, that's what I was afraid of. People were so put off by the price when it first launched, now look where we are. :lol

I'm surprised such a bust hasn't been replicated in the last ten years. Loads of maquettes and heads out there, but nothing like this.

Oof, that's what I was afraid of. People were so put off by the price when it first launched, now look where we are. :lol

I'm surprised such a bust hasn't been replicated in the last ten years. Loads of maquettes and heads out there, but nothing like this.

I’m sure we’ll get something similar eventually. Who knows when that may be though. :lol

Thanks to a tip, I found out about an eBay listing for this guy last week. Mulled it over for all of five minutes, made peace with the statues I'd have to cancel or sell off, and pulled the trigger. Today he arrived and I couldn't be more thrilled to finally add this grail to my small collection.

According to the listing, the bust was never opened (at least not while the seller had it). The batteries leaked while in storage and the seller cleaned out the compartment, but unfortunately the light-up feature no longer works. I wonder if replacing the battery contacts would fix this, but it's hardly a priority as I don't use the lights in my pieces outside of the occasional photography session.

Upon reception, I saw one of the index fingers had broken off in the box (clean break, easily glued) and a tiny screw was missing in one of the elbows. I don't know how much stability those screws contribute (they're a millimeter thin), but I'll track one down at a hardware store to make it feel complete.

I've read the stories about knuckles separating when pushing the fingers up to squeeze the triggers -- the fingers on mine land too high above the trigger area, so my endo will practice gun safety and keep his fingers off.

Couple other observations: some spots on this bust feel a bit crudely put together. Not necessarily in a bad way, more like it's a product of a different collectible era. Parts glued or sculpted crooked, finger joints unable to fully curl because the segments or bolts start to brush up against each other. The nameplate is also laughable -- what font is that, Arial? Whatever the default setting on Word was at the time? :lol Might fabricate a replacement with a simple logo later on.

Having all that said, its shortcomings don't faze me. The obsessive, nitpicky part of my brain that usually skewers other collectibles has been surprisingly silent today. Maybe it's the incredible presence this thing has on the shelf; it's such a unique idea for a Terminator piece, one I'm stunned hasn't been mimicked since its release. Maybe it's the knowledge that I don't have any other choices; this is by far the rarest piece I've ever owned and has quickly made its way to the top of my "house on fire" collectible rescue list. Whatever the reason, this thing is pure joy.

I hope everyone looking for this finds theirs soon. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if another company came out and did it better in the future. There are some great Terminator treasures out there, many of which are far more refined than this, but man... making a statue that focuses entirely on the business end of an endoskeleton? The concept is so absurdly cool that it carries the whole damn thing to greatness.

IMG_1095_S.JPG

IMG_1096_S.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome dude. Sucks about the light up feature though. That’s one of the most important aspects of Endoskeletons, the menacing red eyes.

Awesome dude. Sucks about the light up feature though. That’s one of the most important aspects of Endoskeletons, the menacing red eyes.
I'm definitely used to seeing endos -- and photos of this bust -- with the red eyes, but I would almost never use them. I might miss them more if there were an option to turn the eyes on without the strobe lights on the base.

One of these days I'll open up the battery compartment and see what's going on in there...

Most of my collectibles that have a light up function, are permanently lit.
I use battery eliminators, mainly from Amazon, but you can easily find them all over the web.
They work just fine, so of my items been lit non-stop for years, and you don't have to worry about leakage.
Just search for 'battery eliminator' on Amazon, and match to whatever batteries the item takes.

Back