HCG Cheynne Dropship model

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hmmmm was on FB

Attachments

• al.jpg
    al.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
What scale is that?

I have Aoshima's 1/72, and used it with Leading Edge's 25mm lead miniature Aliens series (and the plastic HeroClix Aliens when they came along).

I should really unbox it again as it's too nice to keep hidden away.

That looks great! Thank you for posting. I wish we could see more detailed pictures looking down on it from above.

I’m trying to interpret the information provided with this model. Is this a close representation of the model they plan to produce?

Attachments

• CD3568DE-1E12-487E-A6EF-C16C66B94D6E.jpeg
    CD3568DE-1E12-487E-A6EF-C16C66B94D6E.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AAF8EF58-323C-4A5A-82F2-865C55578115.jpeg
    AAF8EF58-323C-4A5A-82F2-865C55578115.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
Yes, seems that way. By the sounds of it the model prototype they are showing was damaged on the way to SDCC. I don't know if the final product will be of the same materials. Hey it's still accurate, considering what happened to the dropship after the alien got aboard!

Last edited:
Up for pre order on HCG's website for $1499.95, with an edition size of 250......:)

$1,500 for this is ridiculous, especially with HCG less than lackluster (maybe the worst in the industry) factory paint apps.

HGC has a bad reputation for putting out a terrible product. They’re just pricing their stuff to try and bait in someone who doesn’t know any better that would expect a high quality product.

CEB6BA1C-6F55-456C-94F3-94D821579060.jpeg
Looking at the HGC from head on it looks like they have the dimensions way off. The rear folding wings look far too short and chunky compared to the actual screen used ship.
69A839F3-EF85-4240-B69C-89264C1A67AD.jpeg

Overall the entire ship appears to be much too narrow. It should have a wider profile. Everything looks squished.
HCG strikes again…

Last edited:
No, don't compare using that shot. The proportions are correct looking at other views. On the shot you posted the camera is close to the front of the ship and its completely thrown off the perspective. However, the angle at which both sets of weapon pods sit is wrong, I cannot defend that.

Last edited:
Actually, looking at your comparison, there is A LOT that is wrong with the HCG ship. Honestly it's so bad, it's like they made it off of memory. 🤣
I totally agree. There so much I can point out that’s wrong, it’s legit like they didn’t use ANY reference material.

No, don't compare using that shot. The proportions are correct looking at other views. On the shot you posted the camera is close to the front of the ship and its completely thrown off the perspective. However, the angle at which both sets of weapon pods sit is wrong, I cannot defend that.
It's not just proportions. Almost every part on it when directly compared to the reference is incorrect.

Last edited:
Back