HBO's House of the Dragon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not like the time jump. I found it odd that all the female roles were recast, but the male actors remained the same.

And do they have to keep appropriating names from GoT for new characters? Varys, Joffrey... it is not that hard to make up new names for new people.

I agree

I would have used Jose, Mohammed, John or Wei

Aren’t a large % of kings named Edward, Henry or Richard?
It happens with Royals. Constantine I named 5 of his children a variant of his/his father's name. Constantine II, Constans, Constantinus, Constantius (Gallus) and Constantius II. It still happens today. The son gets his paternal grandfather's name, the daughter the paternal grandmother's, then the move on to the materal side, so you have to burn through 4 children before you can move on to other names. Thus the same ones are recycled. If one follows that tradition, anyhow.

Wow is no one here watching this at least TROP thread gets activity lol

Time jump killed the momentum and the last episode was only marginally better.

I liked the scene of them all arguing in the main hall. Battle lines drawn and what not.

Overall, though the plot does very much seem more like petty squabbles than true stakes that the original GoT had.

Daemon seems more passive a character than I originally thought he'd be (especially after the badass attack on the crab feeder scene) and we're just waiting for Viserys to croak.

I dunno feels like the show overall is on a clock for me now.

I liked the scene of them all arguing in the main hall. Battle lines drawn and what not.

Overall, though the plot does very much seem more like petty squabbles than true stakes that the original GoT had.

Daemon seems more passive a character than I originally thought he'd be (especially after the badass attack on the crab feeder scene) and we're just waiting for Viserys to croak.

Understandable why you'd feel that way, but you should know that this particular event is what will eventually lead directly into the Targaryen downfall seen in GoT.
Plus, give Daemon time. He is indeed quite badass.

Understandable why you'd feel that way, but you should know that this particular event is what will eventually lead directly into the Targaryen downfall seen in GoT.
Plus, give Daemon time. He is indeed quite badass.

Yeah I understand the endgame of it all, but it lacks any kind of urgency right now. It's very high school drama feeling thus far.

Lots of he said, she said, she slept with who? Kinda stuff.

It feels like Viserys needs to go in order to really kick this thing off and yet Paddy Considine is fantastic so I really don't want to see him go.

I thought the past episode was one of the best so far.

It was very relatable. These people might be powerful and be royalty and have dragons, but they are still stuck in the same problems/conflicts that happen in all families and with all squabbles that even regular people have. Some people might have felt the funeral scene dragged on too long, but I believe it was to show the clear dysfunction.

These people are insane. There was a misdirect that the little blonde brother was not as insane as his dip wad older blonde brother, but he's even more of a lunatic.

If there's a lesson in this show - When you have the chance, just kill your enemies. Once the dragon was stolen, the kid with the knife should have stabbed the other in the throat. Then what would the Kingsguard do then? He would be executed for failing to protect a Prince. He could be leveraged to lie and hide the body and say the kid tried to steal the dragon and fell off of it. Easy believable story.

Daemon knows his older brother is weak and incompetent. If you want the throne, then just kill him and take it. He also knew his niece was standing in his way. Just kill her too. You want the power, you have to pay the toll to get that power.

And you know the "secret" in that boat the end won't stay a secret forever.

I thought the past episode was one of the best so far.

It was very relatable. These people might be powerful and be royalty and have dragons, but they are still stuck in the same problems/conflicts that happen in all families and with all squabbles that even regular people have. Some people might have felt the funeral scene dragged on too long, but I believe it was to show the clear dysfunction.

These people are insane. There was a misdirect that the little blonde brother was not as insane as his dip wad older blonde brother, but he's even more of a lunatic.

If there's a lesson in this show - When you have the chance, just kill your enemies. Once the dragon was stolen, the kid with the knife should have stabbed the other in the throat. Then what would the Kingsguard do then? He would be executed for failing to protect a Prince. He could be leveraged to lie and hide the body and say the kid tried to steal the dragon and fell off of it. Easy believable story.

Daemon knows his older brother is weak and incompetent. If you want the throne, then just kill him and take it. He also knew his niece was standing in his way. Just kill her too. You want the power, you have to pay the toll to get that power.

And you know the "secret" in that boat the end won't stay a secret forever.

The scenarios you've invented here are far more enticing than what's actually happening in the show :dunno

It's starting to lose me, but to each their own.

I loved yesterdays episode. One of the best so far, I think. Like @GordonGekko said, I thought Aemund was quite normal and perhaps a bit shy, but when he got Vhagar (awesome scenes by the way) and confronted the other kids he turns out just as crazy as the rest of them. That makes him quite an interesting character though.
Last weeks episode felt a little bit off because of the time jump, but this one pulled me right back in and I can't wait to see what's next.

Episode 7 was very good.

I think this second half of the season will play better after repeat viewings. I have found it difficult trying to follow the new/ changed characters. The amount of kids they have in Westeros is crazy! :lol

Was awesome seeing Vhagar in all her glory. She's not the most attractive dragon but she's huge and looks terrifying! :horror

The scenarios you've invented here are far more enticing than what's actually happening in the show :dunno

It's starting to lose me, but to each their own.

August Osage County was a movie that pre-ousted/pre-scandal Harvey Weinstein wanted to be made, even though he knew it would make no money. For all his failures, he really did have a great eye for quality film potential.

Some people watch that film and it means nothing. Some need to turn it off, it's too painful for their own lives. Some just laugh. They often laugh because it's easier than to cry.

The last episode of HOTD was really formatted and scripted for the last group. Sometimes real pain is so devastating, so soaked into people, that all they can do is laugh. A comedy of tragedy. That's how I saw the funeral, and when Daemon was laughing before the casket hit the water, he was really laughing along with many in the audience. People with horrible upbringings IMHO can relate to Daemon's laugh. Don't get me wrong, the guy is completely insane and product of how much potential incest for how many generations before he was even born.

Meryl Streep's character shows how much damage one person can do. In this case, it's the failure of Viserys as King. His indecision and refusal to confront reality allows the broken pathology of those around him to come full bloom.

When Jaime Lannister stabbed the Mad King, I thought to myself, why did it take someone so long.

This is where Stannis failed. He saw his kingdom as an insult and a pittance for his sacrifices for his brother Robert. But he was isolated and he could have just avoided all the drama and madness of Westeros. It wasn't enough for him. He was killed by his ambition and his jealousy and his own singular nature.

When that little rowboat sailed away at the end, it was confirmation of a hidden truth. Sometimes the only way you can escape your past is to just leave. Cole asked the princess to run away with him. She could have had a better life if she chose it. But she chose her ambition. That you need to leave your toxic environment as your only chance for hope is an entirely relatable issue of the practical human condition.

I can laugh at that last episode of HOTD, but I promise you, what got me to that point cost me dearly.

We laugh when things are funny. But the kind of laughter that sticks with you is when you laugh because it's true.

Doesn’t seem to capture that magic that the other show had it seems. But idk I never saw it lol

Back