Hawkeye Disney+ Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol nah, plenty of world class archers draw elbow high just like that.
View attachment 546362

Not mention once you hit a certain skill level, you can break basic form to however you wish. His talent is accuracy regardless, he could shoot it backwards up side down and achieve the same result.

It may be the angle, but he has a bad habit of raising his elbow too high:

RkNEhtd.png

RJF9B5W.jpg

uhjkXCI.jpg

It may be the angle, but he has a bad habit of raising his elbow too high:

RkNEhtd.png

RJF9B5W.jpg

uhjkXCI.jpg
You quoted me yet you didn't read a single thing in that quote. What a bizarre response.

Again but slower for you.....plenty of world class archers draw elbow high.

nim17_x17_6150-o.jpg

And the basics of form become less relevant once you reach that 1%. That goes for almost all sports and disciplines. I can show you top boxers who break form, shooters, etc. They no longer need to follow the basics at that level anyway. Regardless of all of that, his ability of being accurate trumps however he actually fires it as Clint in the comics has fired his bow all sorts of messed up ways to hit the target.

Jeremy Renner's form looks like a gold medalist Olympic archer compared to Ezra Millers flash' running form. NO one runs like that, except maybe for some cartoon characters. He looks more like he's roller skating than running.

You quoted me yet you didn't read a single thing in that quote. What a bizarre response.

Again but slower for you.....plenty of world class archers draw elbow high.

View attachment 546951

And the basics of form become less relevant once you reach that 1%. That goes for almost all sports and disciplines. I can show you top boxers who break form, shooters, etc. They no longer need to follow the basics at that level anyway. Regardless of all of that, his ability of being accurate trumps however he actually fires it as Clint in the comics has fired his bow all sorts of messed up ways to hit the target.

I don't disagree that archers draw high, I am talking about the height of his elbows causing a break in his wrist. On both your examples, while the elbow is high, the arm forms a straight line to the wrist:
8LzhJ2J.png

KBcgysY.png

Renner on the other hand has his elbow high enough to warrant a break in his wrist angle:
2voagCE.png

aCeYJDq.png

It looks like someone more knowledgeable than me picked it up too.
Note the break in the wrist on the hand that's holding the string; the elbow is pointing upward. As an example of "movie archery," this shot doesn't look too bad, but there's no power behind it; he's not loading the shot into his back at all, doing all the work with his arms.

He also notes the use of 2 arm guards which is indicative his wrong arm position meant the bow string was smacking his arm.
DpH9zFx.png

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes. It's mostly an intro to Kate and that is understandable but I like how it deals with Clint's mental and emotional state after Endgame. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Yes agree, entertaining first two episodes. Still can’t believe Simon Callow is in the MCU now lol.

Renner and Steinfeld are great together. There are some great moments with Renner, looking at a Black Widow look alike or smacking his head into a door gently in frustration. Can’t believe this is only 6 episodes but I guess many of these shows run out of steam so might be a good thing.

Won’t spoil it but that opening is pretty terrific, definitely a Feige idea.

HT must do Kate Bishop please.

20211121_180727.jpg

Caught the first two episodes and I bloody loved it. Hailee Steinfeld is fantastic as Kate Bishop and Jeremy Renner is always reliable as Clint.

I also noticed
Spoiler Spoiler:

Who's the chick at the end? Are we supposed to know who she is without reading Entertainment Weekly?

Who's the chick at the end? Are we supposed to know who she is without reading Entertainment Weekly?
Spoiler Spoiler:

But are we supposed to know this via the MCU? Or do Marvel expect us to keep track of story lines and character arcs via TMZ? It was played off as some big reveal and I'm all "Alright, who TF is that supposed to be?"

But are we supposed to know this via the MCU? Or do Marvel expect us to keep track of story lines and character arcs via TMZ? It was played off as some big reveal and I'm all "Alright, who TF is that supposed to be?"
I assume they will introduce her properly. Like, the common D+ viewer will probably not know who Kate Bishop is so they had to introduce her in the first 2 episodes. They are probably going to introduce this new character properly over the next episode.

Back