Hawkeye Disney+ Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this show is good? Come one, really?
I'll let you know in 4-5 weeks. :lol

It could be like Loki which started with good characters and had a good overall arc, or be like TFAWS which had an amazing opening but ended up like a bug splat.

I didn't like Wanda, WSAF or Loki.
It's still different enough from them so yeah it can still go well or not. 2 episodes in though:

1. The characters and their chemistry look good.
2. Love Jeremy's weary Hawkeye
3. Love Hailee's enthusiastic, take on Kate.
4. Neither Kate nor Clint appear to be invincible here. Kate is a good fighter, but is outclassed by Clint. They both still get hurt so it feels more human than a regular superhero (kinda like Daredevil)
5. The show drags in the middle bits. Lots of talking so hopefully that world-building pays off.

It has its moments, hasn't lost me yet. Renner is the perfect beat-up normal guy Hawkeye, I found the Fraction/Aja book entertaining so it's interesting to see it being interpreted here ... the Tracksuit Mafia are hilarious as always.

All that aside, this feels very much like a cross between a typical Disney show and maybe a Joss Whedon project from the 90s. I get that it's not supposed to be epic or comic-book styled like early-middle MCU, but the tonal shift is obvious and looks to be the way forward for Feige and company for the foreseeable future. It works here, not sure about elsewhere.

And then having him forget where his precious anti-life equation was located, so he kept conquering worlds trying to locate it again (for 5,000 years!) like some senior citizen wandering the mall parking lot trying to find his car.
Come on. GPS wasn't invented during that time yet. He couldn't bookmark his favorite planet.

I’m guessing this is going to be the MCU aesthetics for NYC street level heroes like Blade, DD etc.

TSM in this was really REALLY bad with them standing around in the middle of the street acting like bafoons lol

TSM Poster:
KxPXKyf.png

Better episode but still inconsistent. The opening is the best part, it almost feels part of the Netflix Marvel universe instead of the MCU. The rest is a lot of fun but very cliched. Some shoddy effects work surprisingly but some decent action.

Went a bit too quick, what was it just over 30 mins? The first MCU show to completely avoid tags as well, I’m sure it will end up with one or two towards the end of the run.

Back