Hawkeye Disney+ Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was a great Kingpin on the Daredevil show
He was Ok. That is if you like a Kingpin that's on the spectrum..

He got a bit annoying as the 1st season progressed. Still have never finished season 3. Gave up after a few episodes.

Personally, the only Netflix character I'd welcome back was Mike Colter's Luke Cage. The rest I'd be just as happy to never see again.

He was Ok. That is if you like a Kingpin that's on the spectrum..

He got a bit annoying as the 1st season progressed. Still have never finished season 3. Gave up after a few episodes.

Personally, the only Netflix character I'd welcome back was Mike Colter's Luke Cage. The rest I'd be just as happy to never see again.
1631565060183.png

It is hard for me to imagine anyone replacing D'Onofrio, Ritter or Colter in their respective roles. I could see a bigger guy playing DD, but Cox just plays Murdock so well and everyone applauds his take as MM/DD. Iron Fish needs to go and given a more likeable actor/take on Iron Fist.

Who knows if Feige even cares to have any of them involved. He likes to just do different than what was done before for a fresh take and introduce characters no one knows about.

Imagine if the Hawkeye show of all things ends up being the best of these.
By the looks of the trailer, it may well be.

Seems fun even if I'm still not convinced signing up for D+.
If The Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, Ob-Wan Kenobi, the Marvel shows past, present, and future haven’t convinced you, you likely won’t sign up.

Yeah....

SO much comedy. Always down for laughs during serious scenes when randos are trying to kill you. :slap I'm sure no one actually gets killed during all these scenes.

I'm really getting tired of the MCU formula. And the girl is annoying and seems unbelievable. She's tiny and looks like she's 15 at most, not 22.

Another D+ pass. These are starting to be as bad as the CW DC crap.
You must be very hard to please, this looks really good. Different from the other shows, it’s just fun, with seriousness mixed in. All these shows have been different. WandaVision didn’t follow the same MCU formula, neither did Loki. TFATWS is the only one. Hawkeye looks like a fun Xmas show, i.e. Die Hard.
CW crap? I guess you haven’t seen Stargirl or Superman and Lois.

WandaVision was a massive let down, didn't watch Falcon and WS or Loki - I don't think Hawkeye will be the one to get me watching another MCU series.
You must also be very hard to please. All these shows have been different. Each of them have something for everybody. I didn’t like Loki as much though.

I think people that did not like WV didn't like it either because it didn't follow the usual MCU pattern (pew pew pew) or did not fit the fan theories that went rampant during this show (it's a meme at this point).

TFAWS was a let down for me though. That said, I never had high expectations for that show. I'd rank that in the bottom of the Marvel show pile (that includes TV). Ok, maybe above Iron Fist and Defenders.

Loki was great IMO. But again, people that didn't like it probably didn't like it for the same reason they did not like WV.

Loki was the best imo. It actually set up something important and answered questions and didn’t treat its audience like idiots like another show

Loki was the best imo. It actually set up something important and answered questions and didn’t treat its audience like idiots like another show
I'd dare say WV was just as important:
1. It gave us Photon, who will appear in Marvels
2. It gave us further backstory on Wanda who will figure heavily on Phase 4 it seems.
3. It partly sets up Dr. Strange's next movie.

The show with the least long-term impact so far is TFAWS (tied with What If). TFAWS could not have happened and nothing will change. Sam would still be the new Cap (since that's where Endgame put this character anyway).

I'd dare say WV was just as important:
1. It gave us Photon, who will appear in Marvels
2. It gave us further backstory on Wanda who will figure heavily on Phase 4 it seems.
3. It partly sets up Dr. Strange's next movie.

The show with the least long-term impact so far is TFAWS (tied with What If). TFAWS could not have happened and nothing will change. Sam would still be the new Cap (since that's where Endgame put this character anyway).
I don’t care about some no name guy named photon.
Wandas backstory was a waste of time if they are t going to say she’s a mutant .
Loki does more to set up dr strange .

that’s just me tho. WV tried to be this super secretive show when all the reveals were so obvious and plain .

I thought WandaVision was fine until they pulled the Ralph Boner thing. When you're ultimately going to be doing a multiverse thing anyway don't tease fans with something they actually would like - Evan Peters' Quicksilver brought into the MCU - and then snatch it away for a stupid gag.

By the looks of the trailer, it may well be.

Hopefully. Renner's Hawkeye has always been the underdog of the Avengers and pretty much acknowledged as such within the universe ever since AOU - which did somewhat make him endearing if that's the right word.

I think people that did not like WV didn't like it either because it didn't follow the usual MCU pattern (pew pew pew) or did not fit the fan theories that went rampant during this show (it's a meme at this point).

TFAWS was a let down for me though. That said, I never had high expectations for that show. I'd rank that in the bottom of the Marvel show pile (that includes TV). Ok, maybe above Iron Fist and Defenders.

Loki was great IMO. But again, people that didn't like it probably didn't like it for the same reason they did not like WV.
I didn’t like WV because it was boring as **** and the writing just wasn’t very good. Plus it ended in “pew pew pew” anyway.

As someone who was indifferent to WandaVision but is a big fan of the Infinity Saga, the reason I didn't love it is because it wasn't amazing to me for numerous reasons:
  • The first three episodes where they spoofed old time sitcoms wasn't funny at all and could have been condensed into one episode
  • Darcy was super irritating and smug
  • The 'bad' guy who was trusted by the founder of SWORD (Maria Rambeau) was a cardboard cut out cliche, and in many ways was right - Wanda was in the wrong and he was protecting everybody and acted like any rational person in charge of this type of organisation
  • That it was always Agatha song was lame (even if Agatha was a decent villain)
  • The series picked up in the middle though and I enjoyed this part
  • The ending was a let down and descended into the usual fight fight fight
  • The attempts to try and make it like Wanda sacrificed so much and the people she mind controlled just didn't understand - is she going to pay for their psychiatry bills for the mental trauma she inflicted on them?
Overall the show was a 7/10 and lower half MCU for me. I hated TFATWS despite loving the first episode (I still hope Hot Toys release that Falcon suit), and I found Loki to be the best show so far even if Loki was utterly nerfed (look at him in Avengers and What If episode 3), he was side lined in his own show and the last episode was a let down.

I really hope Hawkeye is great, as I am a huge fan of the Faction & Aja Hawkeye comic series which focuses on the Barton and Bishop dynamic.

WV was ballsy, well executed and a smash right of the gate for Marvel TV (IMO). TFAWS was a fun series and a nice transition to new Cap w/o being preachy at the end, dealing (however slightly in this juvenile comic book world) with a serious issue. Loki didn't work for me. I love weird and out of the box writing (that was the point of Marvel TV I thought) but how they wrote Loki was uneven and Sylvie was a BBC sitcom girlfriend character, again IMO. I love the series they're taking Hawkeye (Hawkguy ;) :ROFLMAO:) from so I'm very excited about that. If nothing else I hope people go out and look up Fraction's work.

WV was ballsy, well executed and a smash right of the gate for Marvel TV (IMO). TFAWS was a fun series and a nice transition to new Cap w/o being preachy at the end, dealing (however slightly in this juvenile comic book world) with a serious issue. Loki didn't work for me. I love weird and out of the box writing (that was the point of Marvel TV I thought) but how they wrote Loki was uneven and Sylvie was a BBC sitcom girlfriend character, again IMO. I love the series they're taking Hawkeye (Hawkguy ;) :ROFLMAO:) from so I'm very excited about that. If nothing else I hope people go out and look up Fraction's work.
Agree about Wanda. Am always gonna be bitter about TFAWS; that show was the original reason I signed up for D+ in the first place, and ultimately IMO landed like a cow pat dropped off a crane with one of the most cringe speeches in TV/film history, and hosing 2 of my favorite MCU characters. Loved Loki and was surprised I liked Sylvie. Hiddeston and Owens are a dream team.

IMO Wanda didn't stick the landing and fell off at the end, but it's a nice segue into the next DS.

So of the Hawkeye trailer was designed to get me interested in the show, it succeeded.

Agree about Wanda. Am always gonna be bitter about TFAWS; that show was the original reason I signed up for D+ in the first place, and ultimately IMO landed like a cow pat dropped off a crane with one of the most cringe speeches in TV/film history, and hosing 2 of my favorite MCU characters. Loved Loki and was surprised I liked Sylvie. Hiddeston and Owens are a dream team.

IMO Wanda didn't stick the landing and fell off at the end, but it's a nice segue into the next DS.

So of the Hawkeye trailer was designed to get me interested in the show, it succeeded.
I will say I was not a fan of TFAWS's Little Orphan Annie villain. Seems we all have our personal hits and misses. I'm actually suspect of those who are either "ALL this is great" or "ALL this sucks." (y)

I liked WV. It had it's good and bad, but for me the good outweighed the bad. And I Like Vision & The Scarlet Witch as characters so I want to see where the story continues.

F&TWS was the opposite for me. Again, I like both characters, but too many cringey scenes/choices. More bad than good I think.

Loki I passed on because I don't like what has become of the MCU version of the character. The time group or whatever is a stupid concept and just reminds me of the terrible CW DC's Legends of Tomorrow (which became unwatchable after S1). And the trailers for Loki all looked bad to me. If it actually ties into anything in future MCU stories and I feel I want to watch it, maybe in the future I'll give it a go.

This looks dumb so far from the trailer. Maybe I'll change my mind.

But, after WV, I decided I won't watch any of these shows week to week anymore. I waited till Falcon was done and watched them all together. I was gonna do the same with Loki, but passed. And If I give this a go it will be the same. I'll wait till all the episodes have aired. Nothing in the MCU is a must watch anymore (after EG) and I could care less about "spoilers". :horror In fact I look forward to them in hopes I may actually decide I want to watch this stuff.

I'm tired of all these previous established characters having no consistency at all to both personality and power set. Taking a backseat to the diversity climate of the day. I just don't care. And the direction the MCU is going is not what I want to see.

I liked WV. It had it's good and bad, but for me the good outweighed the bad. And I Like Vision & The Scarlet Witch as characters so I want to see where the story continues.

F&TWS was the opposite for me. Again, I like both characters, but too many cringey scenes/choices. More bad than good I think.

Loki I passed on because I don't like what has become of the MCU version of the character. The time group or whatever is a stupid concept and just reminds me of the terrible CW DC's Legends of Tomorrow (which became unwatchable after S1). And the trailers for Loki all looked bad to me. If it actually ties into anything in future MCU stories and I feel I want to watch it, maybe in the future I'll give it a go.

This looks dumb so far from the trailer. Maybe I'll change my mind.

But, after WV, I decided I won't watch any of these shows week to week anymore. I waited till Falcon was done and watched them all together. I was gonna do the same with Loki, but passed. And If I give this a go it will be the same. I'll wait till all the episodes have aired. Nothing in the MCU is a must watch anymore (after EG) and I could care less about "spoilers". :horror In fact I look forward to them in hopes I may actually decide I want to watch this stuff.

I'm tired of all these previous established characters having no consistency at all to both personality and power set. Taking a backseat to the diversity climate of the day. I just don't care. And the direction the MCU is going is not what I want to see.

Well, for me that ruined FWS, :horse:computer:Flush:stake between the Bucky-nerfing and turning the down-to-earth, likeable Falcon into a humorless bore. Also if I'm gonna be educated on *issues* I'll look to people with education and degrees in the subject, not a Hollywood writer whose job IMO is to respect the characters that people already know from comics and film. Also it's insulting to think the audience isn't already educated, thanx so much *&^%$ u Spellman:pfft:. You had one job. Just the one.:stake

Loki at least saved it for me, since there was plenty of cheek:lol.

Always liked Remer's dry "everyman" Hawkeye and reminds me of Tales of Suspense Hawkeye and Winter Soldier which has some pretty funny bits. Glad the series seems to be taking that tone.

Back