Have you ever moved a detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I am moving residences as well as jobs so I need to move my detolf as well (from office to new home).

Anyone with experience moving a detolf like to give me advice?

Grassyass. :wave

Ya know i just got one myself and i was wondering if i move again in a year or 2 or 3 or whatever how the ^^^^ am i going to move this thing? take it apart?

I am moving residences as well as jobs so I need to move my detolf as well (from office to new home).

Anyone with experience moving a detolf like to give me advice?

Grassyass. :wave

I've not actually moved mine since I bought them from IKEA and set them up but if I had to move them to another building I'd take 'em completely apart again just to be on the safe side. The glass seems pretty strong but better safe than sorry I always say. Hope your moves go smoothly.

I'd probably just smash mine and buy a new one for 60$ (since ya gotta take apart and put back together again :))

Must learn patience

I'd probably just smash mine and buy a new one for 60$ (since ya gotta take apart and put back together again :))

Must learn patience

Patience can be a good thing.
Look what happened to Luke Skywalker when he rushed off to face Vader before he was ready :lol

Pix,
If you didn't keep the cardboard that the Detolfs were packed in then I'd get some more for the move. If the glass sides fit flat in the back of your vehicle then make sure there's nothing too heavy on top of them and anything that does go on top needs to be spread evenly across the length of the glass.

I just moved six of them into storage by standing them all up in the back of my truck and putting heavy duty sheets of cardboard in between the shelves. The wooden caps on top of the shelves hang over a little so this keeps the glass from touching but it doesn't hurt to have some cardboard.

Then I tied a rope around the lot of them, using a cardboard sheet beneath the rope and hauled them off without any real problems.

Just drive nice and slow with your flashers on if you have to.

I have moved mine to 3 seperate appartments and have left them together everytime. I just reomved the shelves and a friend and I carried it on its side. No problems, and I didnt notice any strange noise or movements during the time spent moving it. Of course, the safest thing to do would be to take it apart.

I knew I should have asked this in the sandbox where I could delete Eli's dumb ass questions. :lecture

Hush Marc. This isn't the Sandbox section so you have no power.

I wonder why you were asked to mod the Sandbox btw... :moon

Anyway, I hope everything of your's makes safe travels. I shudder at the thought of the day I have to move my stuff. :horror

Back