HASLAB | Star Wars The Black Series Reva (The Third Sister) Force FX Elite Lightsaber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys think a $500 forcefx darth maul lightsaber wouldve gotten funded?

Personally I’m not so sure. That’s pushing high end saber price territory, and idk if i see 8,000 people being up for that.

Honestly dont think it’s *only* the character that made this flop, i think it was a poor project all around.

That said, it obviously didnt help that they banked on crowdfunding an expensive product based on a new unknown character. Regardless of her reception that idea made no sense in the first place.

A lightsaber is indeed a stupid Haslab project as a rule but I think Lucasfilm and Hasbro were just hell bent on pushing Reva product. Turns out preemptively calling all Star Wars fans racist was probably not the greatest idea if you want them to be your customers.

A lightsaber is indeed a stupid Haslab project as a rule but I think Lucasfilm and Hasbro were just hell bent on pushing Reva product. Turns out preemptively calling all Star Wars fans racist was probably not the greatest idea if you want them to be your customers.

Oh, please. They called out the fans who were being racist, as well they should.

While it is true that the rancor failed and was horribly mismanaged, it still came within a few hundred backers of funding. If they did just about anything better, like fixing the god awful head articulation seating and show a render, the thing probably would have funded.

I feel like lumping the rancor **** show in with this train wreck of a project is a real insult to **** shows.

And then the Rancor was the opposite side of that stupidity. They set up the funding to end what a month before everyone saw Boba Fett crashing around through Mos Espa on one? Brilliant timing there LFL/Hasbro, lol.
Yeah that would likely have given it a hype boost. Although ultimately I think a lot of people would still later wonder why they bought it and then try selling it on. A big honk of brown plastic taking up space, too big for a full diorama, recognizable to a hardcore Star Wars fan but not most people, a much smaller range of appropriate companion figures than you have at 1/18......

At their core, HasLab projects have to be a combination of an extremely desirable collectible that doesn't seem feasible to put on store shelves.

I felt Reva's lightsaber was always problematic as a product because I couldn't see why it isn't just part of the normal Black Series Force FX Elite line.

Her lightsaber can split in half. Sell one half for $250 and people that want the complete saber would end up spending the $500 Hasbro wanted for the HasLab.

If they needed a Kenobi HasLab project, there were other options. I would've backed a 3.75" Inquisitorial Scythe.

They need to go back to 3.75" projects and push out the people who have contempt for collectors of that scale. Because not following up on the success of the Khetanna and Razor Crest already with another 3.75" project is misguided and speaks to their arrogance in feeling like they know what collectors want more than collectors do.

Because not following up on the success of the Khetanna and Razor Crest already with another 3.75" project is misguided and speaks to their arrogance in feeling like they know what collectors want more than collectors do.

The parallels between this and making a show titled Kenobi that is supposed to be about Obi Wan Kenobi into a show that is largely about a new Disney character Reva are unmistakable.

I'm happy with mine.

5F7B2BEC-C853-4DC5-B440-FC3948301080.jpeg

The screen time breakdown is interesting but doesn't tell the whole story. Without going into a long winded summary there is also the manner in which the characters are portrayed and the overarching way the story unfolds. The child Leia overload was ridiculous as well.

Yeah I understand your opinion and agree that Obi-Wan sometimes took a backseat, which was not helped at all by the weird pacing for Disney+ shows and the marketing again.

There were definitely some scenes that were distracting from the overall narrative but I was fine with Reva's arc ultimately. It was pretty succinct and still secondary when looking at the show as a whole.

I think it just goes to show the Mando format works best for Disney+ with self contained stories per episode with an overarching narrative to tie it together. Reva's story could've been told in one episode.

Yeah I understand your opinion and agree that Obi-Wan sometimes took a backseat, which was not helped at all by the weird pacing for Disney+ shows and the marketing again.

There were definitely some scenes that were distracting from the overall narrative but I was fine with Reva's arc ultimately. It was pretty succinct and still secondary when looking at the show as a whole.

I think it just goes to show the Mando format works best for Disney+ with self contained stories per episode with an overarching narrative to tie it together. Reva's story could've been told in one episode.

I thought the whole story was unnecessary. But worse than that, it contradicts the ACTUAL story that made Star Wars a popular franchise in the first place.

Back