HASLAB | Star Wars The Black Series Reva (The Third Sister) Force FX Elite Lightsaber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never has there been a partnership of companies more out of touch with the real fans of their franchise than Disney, Lucasfilm, and the Hasbro Star Wars team. Anyone with any sense at all knows there are many TVC Haslab projects that would easily print money yet these dimwits insist on creating a product destined to fail spectacularly because they need to push an agenda. If the companies involved in this debacle aren't embarrassed they should be.
They should clearly recognize that Haslab crowdfunding should not be used to push current, not yet proven material.

And arguably a toy lightsaber, no matter what character it belongs to, was always going to be an underwhelming choice. Am I wrong? I mean who participates in these crowdfunds - adults mainly, I assume. And an adult who wants a lightsaber will surely look to higher-end companies for that.

Never has there been a partnership of companies more out of touch with the real fans of their franchise than Disney, Lucasfilm, and the Hasbro Star Wars team. Anyone with any sense at all knows there are many TVC Haslab projects that would easily print money yet these dimwits insist on creating a product destined to fail spectacularly because they need to push an agenda. If the companies involved in this debacle aren't embarrassed they should be.
"Hey there's 45 of history and beloved designs for vehicles, equipment, etc. from this franchise; we should crowd fund some of these projects that otherwise wouldn't make it to shelves"

"Nah, lightsaber from this new character that nobody knows nor cares about"

They should clearly recognize that Haslab crowdfunding should not be used to push current, not yet proven material.

And arguably a toy lightsaber, no matter what character it belongs to, was always going to be an underwhelming choice. Am I wrong? I mean who participates in these crowdfunds - adults mainly, I assume. And an adult who wants a lightsaber will surely look to higher-end companies for that.
I don't agree there, the Razor Crest exceeded all goals by miles. Rancor flopped too.

I don't agree there, the Razor Crest exceeded all goals by miles. Rancor flopped too.
Mandalorian is ongoing, yes, but was already sufficiently proven as it had a full and popular season under its belt which featured the Razor Crest.

This project was set to run from the 27th May - the day the first episode of the show aired. So they were clearly pushing something without even waiting to see people's reaction. A mistake.

Last edited:
Mandalorian is ongoing, yes, but was already sufficiently proven as it had a full and popular season under its belt which featured the Razor Crest.
But it also shows that OT stuff can fail too. The problem is they are lazy and don't care enough. They think collectors are just going to eat up all their **** and we're proving otherwise.

They should stick to vintage collection vehicles or dioramas. A huge Jabbas Palace set or Carbon freeze Chamber I think would have done very well, or if they must do a role play item, do Boba Fetts jet pack.

But it also shows that OT stuff can fail too.

Yeah but different reasons entirely.

A beast is probably not a great choice due to limited functionality and bonus unlock potential. And it was poorly designed aesthetically in any case. That foreskin neck was awful.

Don't know that Reva turned out to be a likeable character, so what incentive do people have to back this?

Maybe Haslab should do a poll, and let the collectors decide what they would support then build a good campaign off that.

A proper 1/18 scale Falcon would be awesome - a 1/12 scale would be gigantic!
The Vintage Collection one is good, but not in proper scale.
That would still make it 6' long! I think that's bigger than Studio Scale.

I would never expect a true 1/18 Falcon. I wonder how big it would need to be to at least have a proper corridor and working door into the cockpit (with standing room)....or would that in essence amount to a true 1/18 ship.....

In any case they've already gone as big as I could realistically own at this point. The Galaxy's Edge Falcon is the single SW item I would keep if allowed only one.

Yeah but different reasons entirely.

A beast is probably not a great choice due to limited functionality and bonus unlock potential. And it was poorly designed aesthetically in any case. That foreskin neck was awful.

Yeah, that Rancor was setup to fail. That "character" did not need to be a Haslab backing with 9k people at $350 a pop. Add to that the slap in the face a lot of people felt with each tier unlock and it was game over.

But then again, it only fell about 500 people short. Had they had it at 8K, they would've gotten it.

I've been trying to say for the past year that a jetpack would be a successful project but I also would pay a pretty penny for a Slave 1 that's actually in-scale with their Razorcrest. Label it under BoBF version for all I care because the large TVC just looks way small next to the RC.

Personally I want a massive Sandcrawler or deluxe AT AT. If they really want a Black Series to succeed big time they should do a Red Five X-wing, but that ain't gonna happen because Lucasfilm hates Luke. A Clone Wars Gunship would also sell huge numbers.

I would say say that an even better Slave 1 would be great too but these absolute idiots would label it as "Firespray Gunship" on the box. No thanks.

This project was set to run from the 27th May - the day the first episode of the show aired. So they were clearly pushing something without even waiting to see people's reaction. A mistake.
And then the Rancor was the opposite side of that stupidity. They set up the funding to end what a month before everyone saw Boba Fett crashing around through Mos Espa on one? Brilliant timing there LFL/Hasbro, lol.

Not sure how huge a black series scale LAAT would be but would love to see that to hold a bunch of these clone wars releases.

Also would really like mandos new starfighter in any scale.

Maybe they should do a fan survey? I cant imagine them risking flopping three times in a row but also wouldnt really be surprised…

Maybe they should do a fan survey? I cant imagine them risking flopping three times in a row but also wouldnt really be surprised…

While I'm sure Hasbro would never admit to being the bozo's they are, if they came out with a "fan-poll to choose the next SW HasLab", that would be a very positive campaign with fans and would, in theory, be a slam dunk for whatever the next one will be.

You guys think a $500 forcefx darth maul lightsaber wouldve gotten funded?

Personally I’m not so sure. That’s pushing high end saber price territory, and idk if i see 8,000 people being up for that.

Honestly dont think it’s *only* the character that made this flop, i think it was a poor project all around.

That said, it obviously didnt help that they banked on crowdfunding an expensive product based on a new unknown character. Regardless of her reception that idea made no sense in the first place.

While I'm sure Hasbro would never admit to being the bozo's they are, if they came out with a "fan-poll to choose the next SW HasLab", that would be a very positive campaign with fans and would, in theory, be a slam dunk for whatever the next one will be.

Hasbro: "We're listening".....as they turned off the comments

Back