HASLAB | Star Wars The Black Series Reva (The Third Sister) Force FX Elite Lightsaber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a similar post on Rebelscum, but this just isn't a great move move by Hasbro (shocker I know).

You have no idea the reception the character will get from the collectors and fans that back this kind of merchandise, and you put this up before the series even began to air. With most of the fans saying she is one of the weaker parts of the series so far, though only 2 episodes in, I don't see this getting backed right now. Unless this was pushed by Lucasfilm, it just continues the notion that Hasbro isn't listening to their community.

They set the Rancor first tier at 9,000. Meanwhile this is only 5,000. Guess they don't want to experience another embarrassing failure or they don't have a lot of faith in this product to begin with. Or both.

Last edited:
Well, I like the character and I definitely want this lightsaber. As a collector, I'll admit it's overpriced. But as a fan, I'm willing to back it. Guess we'll see what "most" of the fans think in 45 days.

Which is totally fine, I personally wasn't a huge fan of the character, but I'm sure we have plenty out there that are, I just think it is a bit of a reach to put it up before the show airs and finishes.

Some collectors might just see it as an inquisitor lightsaber instead of specifically Reva's.

Which is totally fine, I personally wasn't a huge fan of the character, but I'm sure we have plenty out there that are, I just think it is a bit of a reach to put it up before the show airs and finishes.

Some collectors might just see it as an inquisitor lightsaber instead of specifically Reva's.

The most annoying thing is that there are so many Haslab projects that would perform way better. A TVC Sandcrawler, Gunship, or AT AT would be far more appropriate and sell extremely well. Yet Hasbro refuses.

I'd be more excited if they released a 1:1 scale GI Joe Action Team Atomic-Man Helicopter :lol
6hulah.gif

The most annoying thing is that there are so many Haslab projects that would perform way better. A TVC Sandcrawler, Gunship, or AT AT would be far more appropriate and sell extremely well. Yet Hasbro refuses.

That is another thing, TVC has proven to be the big seller for Haslab, why not go back to that after the failure that was the Rancor. Unless this was a push by Lucasfilm.

I'm mostly out of the Hasbro game, I pick up a random figure here or there, you can only have so many Vaders, Lukes, clones, Stormtroopers, Kenobis etc lol. I do like to see what is coming and all that.

Honestly the one thing that would really sell any Inquisitor lightsaber is the ability to have it spin. If it could do that, they might be able to sell a few. Probably some lame safety hazard BS why they couldn’t more so than lack of available technology.

They set the Rancor first tier at 9,000. Meanwhile this is only 5,000. Guess they don't want to experience another embarrassing failure or they don't have a lot of faith in this product to begin with. Or both.

Well, that was pointless because they’re going to experience another embarrassing failure. :lol

I made a similar post on Rebelscum, but this just isn't a great move move by Hasbro (shocker I know).

You have no idea the reception the character will get from the collectors and fans that back this kind of merchandise, and you put this up before the series even began to air. With most of the fans saying she is one of the weaker parts of the series so far, though only 2 episodes in, I don't see this getting backed right now. Unless this was pushed by Lucasfilm, it just continues the notion that Hasbro isn't listening to their community.

It really is a terrible idea for a project. Like I said over there as well, it’s just so out of touch with reality and what fans want.

Even if they had to make a Kenobi project, there were so other choices like the Inquisitorial shuttle.

There are far more worthy ships in the OT, PT, TCW, and Mandalorian that would make great Haslab projects.

I can say with some background knowledge that there is no way interest in this lightsaber is going to increase. What a waste of time and resources.

And it’s really a shame because I like Inquisitors and their lightsabers despite not being a huge fan of Force wielders. We picked up a couple of high end Second Sister lightsabers for my wife and would’ve considered Reva’s if it were a normal release and priced more appropriately. I can’t imagine the quality is going to be much better than a regular Black Series saber.

It’s so frustrating that it feels like Star Wars fans want toys from a company that doesn’t want to make toys anymore. It’s like a terrible loveless marriage.

That's what I was thinking. The one blade look is pretty cool.

Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 12-07-04 Star Wars The Black Series Reva (The Third Sister) Force FX ...png

Honestly the one thing that would really sell any Inquisitor lightsaber is the ability to have it spin. If it could do that, they might be able to sell a few. Probably some lame safety hazard BS why they couldn’t more so than lack of available technology.

Don't they hold the hilt in the center of that circular guard when it spins? While I agree it would be cool, it's hard to imagine how they'd achieve (a) rotating blades, (b) keeping their rotation in synch and (c) keeping them lit up while rotating without some major changes to both its design and appearance. I think there's a good reason that's all CGI.

The ring is more of a track for the blades to spin around. I think it could be done but it would probably be fragile. Rather than housing the electronic guts in the hilt, they’d need to be in the tips of the saber or the ring be some sort of electronic connection to the guts in the hilt. Sure, it would be complex to do but that’s the point of a Haslab. You can bet they don’t go the Haslab route with a Maul saber. Just because it’s double bladed and expensive doesn’t mean it needs to be a Haslab. The spinning feature is something that would have given this the ‘WOW’ factor needed to get funded.

The ring is more of a track for the blades to spin around. I think it could be done but it would probably be fragile. Rather than housing the electronic guts in the hilt, they’d need to be in the tips of the saber or the ring be some sort of electronic connection to the guts in the hilt. Sure, it would be complex to do but that’s the point of a Haslab. You can bet they don’t go the Haslab route with a Maul saber. Just because it’s double bladed and expensive doesn’t mean it needs to be a Haslab. The spinning feature is something that would have given this the ‘WOW’ factor needed to get funded.
Agreed it's not impossible but would be a rather ambitious undertaking. I found a couple of videos on YouTube. One guy built a gear driven one but never quite finished. There's also an Ultimate Works Second Sister lightsaber that doesn't rotate but looked pretty sweet.

First of 3 parts with Part 4 TBD:

Yeah, if I can guy can do that in his garage, surely Hasbro with infinitely more resources at their disposal, could do something similar as well. That’s the wow factor that would really move some units as that’s the one thing really unique to the Inquisitor lightsabers.

Yeah, if I can guy can do that in his garage, surely Hasbro with infinitely more resources at their disposal, could do something similar as well. That’s the wow factor that would really move some units as that’s the one thing really unique to the Inquisitor lightsabers.
Of course Hasbro can do it, but why would they bother when they can sell you this for $500?

won't be backing it. but if ever this will get made and reach 5k. there will be a time when people would want it, only to find out that its price increased to $1k+. :unsure:

Back