Haslab: Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VincentVegaFFF

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pre-Order here!

Finally! Been waiting for this since they released the Neutrona Wand a while back. The wand was incredible and this looks great too. I was expecting it to be $500-$800 so $400 is a steal. Only complaint is the lack of an Alice Frame which is what the straps are supposed to attach to but I'm sure the Proton Pack building community with have a solution to that quick. I can't wait to get this in hand!

According to GbFans.com the stretch goals are:

Stretch Goals:
1) The Classic Bundle (inspired by the 1984 movie)
The first stretch goal will include a connection hose that hooks the HasLab Proton Pack up to the Spengler Neutrona Wand. Custom 1984 decals with a brushed chrome look will also be included for your pre-existing Spengler Neutrona Wand.
-9000 Backers.

2) The Ghostbusters: Afterlife Bundle
The second stretch goal will include 3 Plasma Series Mini-Pufts figures AND 3 alternate, swappable heads, featuring NEW DECO! A white marshmallow goo attachment for the Proton Pack will also be included.
-11,000 Backers.

3) The Spengler Special
The third stretch goal will include a sheet of Ghostbusters-themed decals and an Egon Spengler 16-page notebook that includes schematics, handwritten notes, and personal anecdotes.
-13,000 Backers.

4) The Supernatural Stand
The fourth stretch goal will include an exclusive high-quality display stand.
-15,000 Backers.

Last edited:
Only complaint is the lack of an Alice Frame which is what the straps are supposed to attach to but I'm sure the Proton Pack building community with have a solution to that quick.

Just backed for one myself. Might try to swing another depending how the old credit situation looks in December.

It doesn’t bother me that Hasbro isn’t making an Alice frame. I would be concerned with stress and breakage issues over a plastic Hasbro-made frame. Consider that of all the greeblies and other design elements of the proton pack, the Alice frame is the one element actually doing its real job. Even if the pack is super light from plastic, you still wouldn’t want a plastic frame. They just need to put places in the plastic backing for us to attach it onto a real frame.

Backed just when the reveal was over. Right now it has over 3,095 Backers. I'm just wondering how much modifying I'll need to do to install the Alice frame on it. Some people say the dimensions are wrong, but it's a 1:1 replication.

Some people say the dimensions are wrong, but it's a 1:1 replication.

People are speculating based on this image, which appears to be a composite, with the Pack being photoshopped onto the model's back, so the scale in the image is not even accurate to begin with.

F5226_LS_GHB_Tango_005_2000x.jpg

People are speculating based on this image, which appears to be a composite, with the Pack being photoshopped onto the model's back, so the scale in the image is not even accurate to begin with.

F5226_LS_GHB_Tango_005_2000x.jpg
Yeah I wish there was a picture of someone wearing the prototype.

Just backed for one myself. Might try to swing another depending how the old credit situation looks in December.

It doesn’t bother me that Hasbro isn’t making an Alice frame. I would be concerned with stress and breakage issues over a plastic Hasbro-made frame. Consider that of all the greeblies and other design elements of the proton pack, the Alice frame is the one element actually doing its real job. Even if the pack is super light from plastic, you still wouldn’t want a plastic frame. They just need to put places in the plastic backing for us to attach it onto a real frame.

I was hoping they would use a real Alice Frame (they're only $30 or so and with bulk buying it should have driven the price up too high) but I'm not complaining. $400 for a pack is still amazing. I actually have fan made parts to make a hero Proton Pack with all aluminum where possible and it came to well over $1000 and that doesn't include anything for the Wand. I never put it together due to moving to an apartment but may see about replacing parts on this with those, including adding the Alice Frame.

I hate how Hasbro has handled this license so far. The Plasma series figures are smaller than 6" scale, which hurt the sales of the line, no 6" scale Ecto-1 or 6" RGB figures is disappointing.

Now they show a proton pack and it's from Afterlife, a movie I don't even know if I'll care about. :gah:

I've always wanted a proton pack from the original movie I loved since I was a kid, and now since they chose to tie this into the new movie, that means we won't be getting a 1984 pack. 😞

The Wand is 1:1 so I'm not worried about the pack. It's likely just bad photoshop and the pack not being on the Alice Frame that makes it sit lower than it should in the picture.

I hate how Hasbro has handled this license so far. The Plasma series figures are smaller than 6" scale, which hurt the sales of the line, no 6" scale Ecto-1 or 6" RGB figures is disappointing.

Now they show a proton pack and it's from Afterlife, a movie I don't even know if I'll care about. :gah:

I've always wanted a proton pack from the original movie I loved since I was a kid, and now since they chose to tie this into the new movie, that means we won't be getting a 1984 pack. 😞
That's what's stopping me from being rabidly overjoyed about the wand and pack. I'm personally looking forward to the new movie but keeping expectations in check. It would be like having "Rey's version" of Luke's lightsaber. Same....but not.

There will likely be A LOT of folks converting this to an 84 pack. Expect tons of parts and kits to eventually start going around when this comes out, just like the spirit packs. Honestly, at $400 this is a steal, even considering the extra cost for the wand.

Last edited:
I was hoping they would use a real Alice Frame (they're only $30 or so and with bulk buying it should have driven the price up too high) but I'm not complaining. $400 for a pack is still amazing. I actually have fan made parts to make a hero Proton Pack with all aluminum where possible and it came to well over $1000 and that doesn't include anything for the Wand. I never put it together due to moving to an apartment but may see about replacing parts on this with those, including adding the Alice Frame.

Shipping costs on all those frames would be killer.

I‘ve had two fan-made pack builds in my life. A mostly wood one from about 15 years ago and a lighter resin build from about 11 years ago. The wood one is heavy as sin, but ended up looking and displaying a lot better. So I still have that one on a display stand in my house. The resin one I got rid of, but I still have a spare unused resin shell in storage. I remember the aluminum pieces starting to appear in the fan markets just as I was getting out of the hobby. I always kind of wanted to go back and try for one, but have been happy enough with what I have vs price. I haven’t worn it out in many years, so the weight really doesn’t matter anymore.

I also hunted down all the screen accurate greeblies like Clippard valves. I did this 15 years ago for my original build. I have vague memories of some of the pieces being a pain to source, I would hate to have done it more recently.

I am glad a company is at least trying to do a mainstream pack. I remember this being one of the top requests even back in the MattyCollector days of the license - which I still have two of everything from that run including both toys and their line of props.

I do think the Plasma series so far has been fairly uninspired to the point that it risks failing, but I am always happy to see Ghostbusters merchandise being made available to a wider market.

That's what's stopping me from being rabidly overjoyed about the wand and pack. I'm personally looking forward to the new movie but keeping expectations in check. It would be like having "Rey's version" of Luke's lightsaber. Same....but not.

I'm curious to see someone more knowledgeable than me point out the key differences of this pack to the '84. Also I think it's important to see the movie first before comparing Afterlife to the abomination that was the Sequel Trilogy.

This is off the top of my head after not being into the prop for a decade, so I may miss something and my apologies. But on examination I would say this is a pretty awesome update for the old packs. Like someone said “imagine you were toiling away at preserving and updating the tech on your own for years.”

The picture with the yellow is trying to show off the new additions. The soldered copper wiring from the middle Clippard post and exposed copper that attaches in the middle of the pack and above the ladder piece on the top left is new. The extra wiring that runs next to computer ribbon cable is also new. I cannot tell if it is two new wires; a black wire and a frayed yellow nylon cable or one wire where the nylon has fallen off. The attachment point on the outer piece of the cyclotron for that yellow nylon cable is also new. It could be difficult to mod a plastic shell that has these extra elements to return to the 80s aesthetic. These were smooth unadorned parts of the pack before.

in addition to that, the green shows where almost every existing wire has had some added duct tape or wire clamp added as a sign of being patched over the years. I also think the black post next to the nylon cable is showing signs of a cross shaped patch on top.

I cannot find any key element missing, except for the obvious Alice frame and a Danger decal that should be on the backside of the pack. Even the decals seem faithfully recreated, but I haven’t zoomed in to see if maybe there is difference in the writing.

Two fun notes. The original GB1 packs had the Neutrona wand bracket sticking straight up and down in line with the pack. After the actors on set complained that it was impossible to draw the wand with it like that, they changed the bracket to be angled in GB2. GB1 and GB2 packs can quickly be told apart from the type of computer ribbon cable used. Even though this one has been aged, it appears to be GB1 ribbon cable. As such, the pack has design specific elements to both films. The angled bracket from GB2 and the ribbon cable from GB1.

C0C28999-5A3B-4405-9AEB-3C84D5F2594F.jpeg
B16352EF-14A3-4F4A-9CFD-582641525BC8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back