Hasbro Black Series Mandalorian Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E85C978D-E71A-42BF-841F-BFDEB1F30F1A.jpg

Got mines from Target last week. Now just need to track down a stand.

Amazing that you got one IN STORE! My stores stopped carrying BS helmets several years back.

I ordered directly from Hasbro and haven’t heard a word.
Also people looking for a stand try looking for a paper towel holder.
Look for a metallic finish.
They’re cheap and look great.

Congrats, Coco. Still no word from GameStop. As for Hasbro, they were last to ship out my Luke X-Wing and Boba Fett helmets, which is why I went with GameStop, this time. (also because it was a bit cheaper...)

I ordered mine from eBay. Everywhere else was either sold out or a preorder so I paid just a little more to get it sooner. Plus I had some eBay bucks so it balanced out. :D

Just came in yesterday, and earlier than expected! Woohoo! :yess:

Just a heads up and a word of caution...

If it matters to you... Be careful to avoid marking up the t-visor with finger and nose prints, the plastic is very soft and scratches very easily. Even when wiping it, use a moistened non abrasive cloth. The visor came out of the box pristine until i started trying to wipe it, Just be careful. It can even scratch with just a finger.

The visor is made from the same plastic used on TBS Boba Fett helmet presumably, which is also prone to scratching and scuffing. I wish they would have had a protective layer to protect the visor that you can peel off when you're ready, but that may be asking too much from a Hasbro role playing helmet? The rest of the helmet cleans up fairly easily, but it sure does collect finger prints quickly. It looks great when cleaned up for display though!

Some additional thoughts... The visor is not as dark as you'd imagine and when displayed with a lit case, it may benefit from a temporary black layer of something on the inside of the t-visor to block the view of the inside of the helmet. I noticed this most when it's inside a Detolf case and the light comes up through the bottom of the helmet illuminating the interior and stand's stainless post, I'm using a towel rack as a stand.

The lighting effects are cool...

I spent some time getting to know the operation of the lighting effects which the manual doesn't provide much in the way of it's detailed operations and mode behavior. At first it was a bit confusing, but once you figure it out, the lighting effects are very easy to operate.

For anyone that's interested and may find it helpful, here's some details about the light modes I've learned from a bit of trial & error and just playing around with it...

The tac light plugs into the right side, above the ear panel by first removing the cover cap piece from the helmet, and replacing it with the tac light mount. The tac light draws its power from a single AA battery hidden under the right ear cap that pops off to reveal the battery compartment. There are no switches or light controls on the tac light. All light modes are operated by the on/off/mode button located on the bottom, right side, edge of the helmet.

Using the on/off switch, the two red led's located on the right side, in the helmet's interior can be manually cycled through the light effects such as solid, flash, and pulse. The lighting system has an active motion sensor that basically automatically controls the on/off function of the interior red led's depending if the helmet is upside down or in the upright position. Turning the helmet upside down turns on the red interior lights, and multiple presses of the on/off mode switch cycles through the interior red light modes. At first, the red led's always turn on to solid mode, then can be cycled to the other modes from there.

When you turn the helmet upright, the red led's will automatically fade out, and pressing the switch while the helmet is upright will turn on the tac light if attached. Press the switch once to turn off the tac light. The interior red led's will automatically turn on again when helmet is taken off and positioned upside down. If the tac light was left on when the helmet is flipped upside down, it will remain on and automatically turn off again when the helmet is positioned right side up. This is due to the active motion sensor.

While the helmet is upside down, you can hold the on/off switch for a few seconds to turn off the red led's manually. This is good if you're adjusting the head band or just admiring the detailed interior which is really awesome. Eventually, the active motion sensor will turn the red led's on again the next time the helmet is flipped upside down.

Special lighting mode behaviors...

By a long press of the on/off button, aprox 5 seconds, you can turn all the lights on to a solid light mode, including both the interior red led's and the tac light if attached. The interior red led's can't be cycled through the normal flash and pulse effects when in this special mode. To turn this solid light mode off, hold the on/off switch for aprox 3 seconds, then all the lights will turn off, and then all lighting modes will works as normal by the active motion sensor and on/off switch.

This would be a cool demo mode, or for photography, allowing the interior red led's (and tac light if attached) to glow solid while the helmet is in the upright position.

Overall, I'm glad I was able to add it to the Mando collection and I think it's quite nice for what it is! :) I hope you all can get yours soon!

Last edited:
Great tips, endo! I’ll definitely be referring to them.

I just opened mine today and love it. I’m in the process of designing a nice stand for it with a plaque. Looking forward to getting it set up with some other Mando related items around it.

Fantastic work on the stands and name plates Coco! The addition of the MH signet looks great. The Armorer's coffee table is so cool! That's something i would imagine HT making for their Armorer release, compliments the camtono nicely.

Ok next, you have to consider making her tool cabinet from S1 E8 where she prepares Din's signet. That would be an awesome companion piece to the table. ;) Thanks for sharing your creations.

This $10 savings to get it through GameStop really didn?t end up being worth it. Still nothing from them

Exactly. What makes it more confusing is that they sent out an email almost a month ago stating that they would shipping it out "soon"...

I canceled and ordered from BBTS.

I'm seriously considering it.

Back