Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Commander Fox

cD4O9Lc.jpg

Bastards. A week after I finish my Tartakovski style ARC trooper custom, they go and make an official one.
Insult to injury - of course, they are walmart exclusives and sell out in one day. Didn't even know they were up before they were gone.
Cherry on top - $26.48 is the new normal I guess (not that it matters since scalpers will always get the exclusives and $50 will be the ebay price)
https://news.toyark.com/2021/07/22/star-wars-pre-orders-at-walmart-con-437379

Bastards. A week after I finish my Tartakovski style ARC trooper custom, they go and make an official one.
Insult to injury - of course, they are walmart exclusives and sell out in one day. Didn't even know they were up before they were gone.
Cherry on top - $26.48 is the new normal I guess (not that it matters since scalpers will always get the exclusives and $50 will be the ebay price)
https://news.toyark.com/2021/07/22/star-wars-pre-orders-at-walmart-con-437379
Same, it’s terrible how Walmart refuses to impose a limit. They should learn from Target’s recent exclusive limits.

Same, it’s terrible how Walmart refuses to impose a limit. They should learn from Target’s recent exclusive limits.
It's terrible that Hasbro still makes figures store exclusives.

I managed to grab the ARC, Mace & Grievous from Hasbro Pulse there.

Last edited:
Half of the figures planned for release this year are exclusives and characters that have been highly requested. If you don't count archive releases, it's easily more than half. Hasbro is just normalizing a higher price point for this line, without doing anything to justify it, other than more frequent vintage cardbacks.

Half of the figures planned for release this year are exclusives and characters that have been highly requested. If you don't count archive releases, it's easily more than half. Hasbro is just normalizing a higher price point for this line, without doing anything to justify it, other than more frequent vintage cardbacks.
Not to mention they also implemented these changes after renewing the license and more effectively shutting out import competition.

Does it bug anybody that Hasbro can get IG-11's head right for the Vintage Collection but not the Black Series?

Not gonna lie: the 6" line is not doing for me. Too few new figures, too many damn repaints. But It's not just that, the sculpts on them are good, but none of them blow me out of the water. They are just decent.

You know repaints are out of control when they have to be broken down into sublines:

Credit Collection
Carbonized
Gaming Greats (with some retooling, granted)

I get that molds are like $100,000 per figure, but enough is enough

Just pre-ordered the re-release of the Black Series Chirrut Imwe and hoping to pick up the retro 50th anniversary Obi-Wan Kenobi as a much hinted at Christmas gift. (y)

Please forgive my absolutely stunning ignorance; is that Alpha in the middle? Im still learning these clones.

Ps, great pic.

Not a problem! No that's Echo as mentioned. He's a Clone Wars cartoon character . Alpha was overwritten by that show and even pre Disney, that entire Dark Horse series was made non canon. Technically Rex, from the cartoon, would be Alpha I suppose.

We face the greatest Sith in generations . . .

fvf4hRU.jpg

Back