Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, yes, painted if possible. I'm getting the feeling no one has created that kind of product yet, or that there simply isn't real demand for it. I checked out Marauders Gun Runners, to see what they had in different scales. Then Ebay. Maybe there are no options for that ....
There are a lot of options for non-painted great quality resin printed weapons, just not a lot that come painted. It’s really not that hard to paint it tbh. I always just give my pieces a second sit in the sun and alcohol bath.

There are a lot of options for non-painted great quality resin printed weapons, just not a lot that come painted. It’s really not that hard to paint it tbh. I always just give my pieces a second sit in the sun and alcohol bath.

Appreciate the responses, yeah I figured the base options might only be resin oriented or 3D printed oriented. Again, thank you

So I bought the white Commando during Wally's recent sale, just to amuse myself as I lay low with the worst bout of illness I've endured since literally 1985. [seriously, influenza type A aint no joke. I felt like I had radiation sickness. Still not over it 100%.] I wanted two, but Wally would only let me have one.

Articulation is crap, not at all well-engineered, no not at all. Deece is undersized, arm articulation is just bad. He came in that #$%! "blind" box, my god how I hate that box. With that said, this is a cute figure and he did make me smile. Will keep.

The GI Joe classified line has made me a big fan of this scale. I have started to pick up some of the Black Series figures and they seem like they are going to be my new Star Wars focus. The HT line has just about priced me out of collecting at this point. I look forward to going through this thread and seeing what is out there.

The GI Joe classified line has made me a big fan of this scale. I have started to pick up some of the Black Series figures and they seem like they are going to be my new Star Wars focus. The HT line has just about priced me out of collecting at this point. I look forward to going through this thread and seeing what is out there.

IMHO, the advantage of something like Black Series is you can make some in person decision at some brick and mortar locations. Also you have the opportunity, as such, for things like clearance or sales. The size footprint is much smaller. The cost footprint is usually smaller. It's cheaper to ship. Dealers who specialize in mostly smaller scale usually have a much smaller "free shipping" threshold to hit to qualify for said "free shipping" option. Also if you have friends or allies who are collectors, other people in the hobby within other cities can help you in the "hunt" and you can do each other favors.

I don't enjoy what I'm seeing now with 1/6th. Basically "crowd funding" via pre-orders and then asking customers to wait 15 months or so to get the final product, of which it might vary greatly from the promo photos ( to be fair, HT does not deviate as badly as other brands in this area) The elaborate packaging and size of it only adds to the total cost and total shipping. The procedures to hit "free shipping" with solely 1/6th dealers has become more complex. Some dealers have created "stash" options to try to help collectors with shipping, but I've seen enough dealers go bad ( no reflection on the good dealers out there though, but I'm just trying to be honest) where I'm not comfortable letting paid for items sit for 3-4 months on their shelves to try to time a best situation consolidated shipping package/cost. I recognize the surviving dealers have to change with the times to try to survive, I'm not blaming them.

I picked up a Black Series Cad Bane recently. I got him for a very good price. He's small. I get a "plastic crack" fix in for a short while. If I tire of him, he's far easier to get rid of and/or I can just give him away. Or put him in a trade as an extra. The general support structure around 1/12 is also very good. Multiple brands, lines and third party entities are pumping out enough to cover a lot of range very quickly. Troop/army building is also somewhat feasible.

The quality of the headsculpts is impressive. I saw the Black Series Skiff Lando a few months back and his headsculpt was incredible for mass production ( I mean relative to my entire time in this hobby) If I do have one criticism of Black Series, I do wish the figures came with more accessories. Even if it's just reusing previous molds. Biggs Darklighter was never show with any guns in A New Hope. Oh well, give him 5 blasters. Why not. And a backpack. Or maybe a little droid. Something.

But the math is undeniable. A single 279 dollar HT 1/6th figure plus shipping and maybe sales tax and a 15 month wait OR ten Black Series guys on the average. Even more if you time things like Black Fridays, clearances, etc. Just some thoughts.

Imperial ration container via elegoo neptune 3 plus

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 22.15.21.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 22.15.34.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 22.10.08.jpeg

Back