Has anyone looked into these Home Depot display cabinets?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DParga21

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I know we're all familiar with the Ikea Detolf and Besta cabinets. But they have their drawbacks, of course.
I happened to see an ad on Instagram the other day (gotta love targeted advertising) for these display cabinets from Home Depot. They're pricier (Around $300+), but they also seem a lot nicer. And the Maxwell one has spaces to accomodate taller figures as well. The grey wood one is the Etegere brand, the white wood one is Maxwell brand.
Anyone have these? Any drawbacks to them besides price?
Home Depot Etagere Cabinet.png
Home Depot Maxwell Glass Display Cabinet.png

They look nice. Definitely possible to run light strips in them but that price though. What makes the Detolf so popular is the price.

I don't see anything that looks like that on Home Depot's website. I see a lot of knock-off Detolfs for $300. :lol

'Etagere' is a style of bookcase, I tend to think that's just a misspelling, not a brand name.

I suspect you saw some misleading ad for a drop shipper that is listing their items on Home Depot's website. Buyer beware.

They look nice. Definitely possible to run light strips in them but that price though. What makes the Detolf so popular is the price.
Speaking of the price of Detolfs, anyone else notice Ikea raised the price to $99.99 now? Just two weeks ago they were $79.99 and just over a year ago they were $59.99.

Hi, I think the height of the shelves may become an issue, some taller Hot Toys like KX Enforcer droid wouldnt fit. Also, the one from the pic doesnt have a door so dust is a problem. Other than that it is a good looking shelving solution but for my case inferior to Detolfs.

Speaking of the price of Detolfs, anyone else notice Ikea raised the price to $99.99 now? Just two weeks ago they were $79.99 and just over a year ago they were $59.99.

Noticed the same thing myself. I keep reading about supply chain issues with wood and other construction materials, but with the DETOLF being mostly glass, I wonder ....

I don't usually keep my eye on IKEA prices, but I'd be curious to know if any of their other items have increased in price substantially.

Noticed the same thing myself. I keep reading about supply chain issues with wood and other construction materials, but with the DETOLF being mostly glass, I wonder ....

I don't usually keep my eye on IKEA prices, but I'd be curious to know if any of their other items have increased in price substantially.
Yeah, I get inflation and everything for why they went up 30% at first. Maybe they also realized they were under selling them to begin with.

I guess price wise in comparison they still are low. Though once you add in the cost of lights and dust proofing you are getting much closer to the cost of a Moducase Sixth110 that has all of that included and holds 12 figures as well.

I know they’re popular in the collecting community but I’ve really never liked detolfs. I think it’s because so many people have them and collections all tend to look the same after a while.

So much for cheap cabinets….

Time to look for alternative. Detolf are good , but. not worth 129.00
Sadly, it’s hard to find anything under $130. They kept raising the price because there’s still plenty of gap to close the price. The $60 tag was definitely the best value for us collectors and it sucks the price has more than doubled in the last few years.

I remember there was a one-time sale where detolfs were $25! I bought 4 of them. Now you can’t even get one for that price of all 4! Crazy!
Geez. I’d jump on a deal like that. Need a couple more these days, but I don’t have an IKEA in my area anymore regardless.

Back