Halo (TV Series) | Paramount+ March 24, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jazter: Fans of Shakespeare are branded racist bigots for wanting a more traditional take on the classic story.

What would be interesting to see is, like fifty years from now and are these new takes going to inspire the same love and loyalty as the originals? I am betting they will not.

Classics are classics for a reason. These story archetypes are ancient and they will not be subverted with whatever new, stupid bull**** these companies think they are going to force us to love. Human psychology has never changed and it will never change.

3d printed cosplay:
1683D37F-FD45-4ACA-81B4-C27D98ADB0DE.jpeg
85528F81-7BF6-45D1-873C-5613EBA97558.jpeg
3E9EB986-FF40-423E-98FB-5B6950304442.jpeg

I am not a fan of the mischaracterization of MC in the series or the seemingly totalitarian depiction of the UNSC or the overt uncompassionate psychopathic malevolence of Halsey. In the games, Master Chief is always in motion (when he is not in hyper sleep) and is always moving forward. He thinks quickly and never misses a step or stops too long to think about his own circumstances in service of humanity. The series turned him into an unaffected machine on a Robocop-esque journey of deprogramming and self-reflection while slowly recovering his humanity. Just not what people like myself, that have been fans and playing Halo since 2001, and reading the early novels really wanted or expected. The games always felt hopeful to me, because Master Chief never seems like he gets too introspective about the detriment of the world around him. He just keeps fighting selflessly for humanity and... Cortana. The series just feels so bleak to me. MC does not inspire hope in the show like he does in the games. In the games, you can see why everyone is inspired and rallies behind him and it would have been cool to see Blue Team together, but I am kind of glad they gave him a different squad for this series.

All that said, I am still trying to watch it and accept it as a separate sci-fi IP and story albeit with some familiar set pieces, named characters, and plot points. Also, I still want 1/6 figures of MC, Soren-066, and Silver Team.

I am not a fan of the mischaracterization of MC in the series or the seemingly totalitarian depiction of the UNSC or the overt uncompassionate psychopathic malevolence of Halsey. In the games, Master Chief is always in motion (when he is not in hyper sleep) and is always moving forward. He thinks quickly and never misses a step or stops too long to think about his own circumstances in service of humanity. The series turned him into an unaffected machine on a Robocop-esque journey of deprogramming and self-reflection while slowly recovering his humanity. Just not what people like myself, that have been fans and playing Halo since 2001, and reading the early novels really wanted or expected. The games always felt hopeful to me, because Master Chief never seems like he gets too introspective about the detriment of the world around him. He just keeps fighting selflessly for humanity and... Cortana. The series just feels so bleak to me. MC does not inspire hope in the show like he does in the games. In the games, you can see why everyone is inspired and rallies behind him and it would have been cool to see Blue Team together, but I am kind of glad they gave him a different squad for this series.

All that said, I am still trying to watch it and accept it as a separate sci-fi IP and story albeit with some familiar set pieces, named characters, and plot points. Also, I still want 1/6 figures of MC, Soren-066, and Silver Team.
It feels like they wrote the show for a different Spartan and changed it to Chief at the last minute because they felt they needed him, because he really doesn’t act like Chief from the games or even the expanded universe at all.

episode 4 was just filler. Chief walks around and digs a hole, Kwan can't take a hint and gets more people killed. Only the Spartan team kept me watching although they mostly just stood around and talked. I am warming up to Kai and Vannak or whatever their names are.

I expect much of the budget was saved for finale, but given that this is a 9 episode series it is odd for there to be so much filler and such a low budget feel to the show. ignoring so much Halo lore could have been forgiven if the show stood on its own merits but in reality it is just mediocre at best, downright terrible at worst.

episode 4 was just filler. Chief walks around and digs a hole, Kwan can't take a hint and gets more people killed. Only the Spartan team kept me watching although they mostly just stood around and talked. I am warming up to Kai and Vannak or whatever their names are.

I expect much of the budget was saved for finale, but given that this is a 9 episode series it is odd for there to be so much filler and such a low budget feel to the show. ignoring so much Halo lore could have been forgiven if the show stood on its own merits but in reality it is just mediocre at best, downright terrible at worst.
Honestly what's going on with the other Spartans is more interesting than what's going on with Chief and Kwan...

The Kwan character only really works if she's dramatically more advanced in emotional development compared to Master Chief.

Something like Dakota Fanning in Man On Fire. That creates the balance/opposites dynamic to show why Master Chief likes Kwan and can learn something from Kwan. Whereas Master Chief needs to be shown as more pragmatic and world weary than Kwan, so she can learn something from him.

There is really no character dynamic at all why MC and Kwan would actually like and respect and value each other. That she was "orphaned" like him and he was part of half of it isn't enough. I recognize the show wanted to introduce a major battle early for basic fan service, but you don't really understand Kwan unless you understand the world she lost. That means they killed off her tribe/village/father way too soon.

It's like they wanted to copy the Mando/Grogu dynamic without understanding how Mando and Grogu fulfilled a basic need in the other.

Soren is the only character with any real kind of functional arc. The show could have done this story a lot more simple - Two brothers who went on different paths but now need each other but have reasons to go to war with each other.

But in Wokeville Hollywood, we can't have two introspective heterosexual males bond without the implied guilt for their identity class. God forbid three dimensional character construction let's that happen.

It’s so F‘n bad I can’t turn away. Just the most epic train wreck.
Hyperbole is not possible when referring to this series.
Im sure they will reveal the blond Covie chick is Johns sister.

Just jumped in to say how dumb to show/advertise the Master Chief's face. Let's just do the complete opposite of the game that we are adapting. It's like the Boba Fett thing all over again. :slap Glad I'm not even bothering with this show. Moon Knight FTW!!!

It’s so F‘n bad I can’t turn away. Just the most epic train wreck.
Hyperbole is not possible when referring to this series.
Im sure they will reveal the blond Covie chick is Johns sister.

but... and I want you to think carefully:

Is it or is it not worse than BoBF?

:ROFLMAO:

Yes the show is a massive failure if you wanted an exact copy of the game story can’t escape from that.

But at least this show ain’t woke and he’s not some emasculated idiot like Fett was made out to be.

BOBF without Mando wishes it could’ve had an episode as good as this last one from Halo and that is just sad lol

Last edited:
Back