Halo (TV Series) | Paramount+ March 24, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pablo suited up..
Ok HotToys, crank ‘em out.

Attachments

• 7D27B534-BB29-407F-82B2-C48333628C41.jpeg
    7D27B534-BB29-407F-82B2-C48333628C41.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 41
Took 'em long enough to cash in on this.
It's been in development hell for almost a decade. Was originally slated for 2015 with Stephne Spielberg... then 2019... then 20202 and now 2022.

One of the writers also worked on that awful Netflix Death Note adaptation.

I wish it was a movie instead. Shows tend to go on for too long.
Movies tend to not give enough time for world building or proper character development.

The Halo universe has a lot of deep lore, they’d never be able to scratch the surface with a movie, even a trilogy. Not that I expect this show to go very deep anyway.

Movies can go on too long too. Besides, when did a show ever end well? *cough, GoT*

Anyway, neither medium guarantees success. But I do believe a series allows for you to carry a lot more characters than you can in one film. To me, a trilogy is very close to an 8-part series given the running times of things like LOTR or Dune and then their extended versions.

This is Halo. A movie is long enough :lol. I think the long list of failed video game movies probably made more sense as a streaming limited series.

Movies can go on too long too. Besides, when did a show ever end well? *cough, GoT*

Anyway, neither medium guarantees success. But I do believe a series allows for you to carry a lot more characters than you can in one film. To me, a trilogy is very close to an 8-part series given the running times of things like LOTR or Dune and then their extended versions.
There are worse fates for a show than a bad ending, and that is staying on for so long that nobody cares, like The Walking Dead or the Simpsons. It's like watching a once great athlete become irrelevant. To think that TWD was the hotest, most watched, and talked about show on tv a few years ago and now, NOBODY cares about it.

GOT wasn’t just down to a bad ending, they cut it way too short, it needed more. The final 2 seasons combined had 13 episodes, when previous seasons each had 10. They needed those additional 7 episodes and at least another 2 seasons imo.

Something about that last shot of MC. Looks like an advert for a Halo theme park, not a high end tv series.

...Eh. It reminds me of a low-budget live action ad. The ODST trailer looked more polished and that's older than a decade.

l00bpphtu54kdpgycuwr.jpg

Is it just me, or does every new trailer have to show how Diverse a show is? Like Halo doesn't have a big enough audience unless you tease at it's diversity.

What a trailer. CGI mixed with..... flash White women... flash Asian girl... flash another White woman.. flash Black man.. flash little White boy.. flash Black woman.. flash Asian man..

All I got from that trailer was promising CGI & a diverse cast. And a message, NO Toxic White Males here!! :yess:

I feel so left out of nearly everything being made today. I don't feel I am being represented... :monkey3

:lol

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does every new trailer have to show how Diverse a show is? Like Halo doesn't have a big enough audience unless you tease at it's diversity.

What a trailer. CGI mixed with..... flash White women... flash Asian girl... flash another White woman.. flash Black man.. flash little White boy.. flash Black woman.. flash Asian man..
All I got from that trailer was promising CGI & a diverse cast. And a message, NO Toxic White Males here!! :yess:

I feel so left out of nearly everything being made today. I don't feel I am being represented... :monkey3

Shut the **** up toxic cisgendered mayo shitlord ****. You've had these things for decades and decades. Now it's time for the people who called you a retarded nerd to enjoy them, you gatekeeping sexist.

1626201781297.jpg

Yes it's real in case you thought I was merely b8ing.

Kidding aside, it's just marketing and trends. They're taking the old straight white male fanbase for granted and are trying to attract new demos (which don't actually give a ****). But hey, as long as we're still acting like battered housewives and keep buying the dollies and the games and the everything, they'll keep doing it so... Everything's in the gutter pop culture wise. Just stop caring. If a dolly catches your fancy, get it. Everything else, as in "new iterations", are not even on my radar.

PS: Gatekeeping is good, anyone who disagrees was never a proper fan of any property.

In my minds eye it was like checking off a box with each shot of a diverse cast member. They really are scared of a mob coming for them. While we haven't seen much, I don't expect much out of this. I love video games and I am totally worn out of Halo...3 games ago.

I mean the main character of the franchise is literally a white male, is that not good enough? :lol

The world is diverse, get used to it I guess :dunno. The UNSC is literally the United Nations Space Command, not the White Murican Space Command.

Back