Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. I’m hearing really bad things about this. Was gonna see it in theaters but now I don’t know

For reboots that want you to ignore all the other sequels, this series just steals from them.

The 2018 flick was decent. An anti-climatic ending, but it was at least an ending. (burning him, yawn, stealing from the better Part II)

Kills was straight up garbage. The mob scene of them being up MM and then him dispatching them was the only good part. (Laurie again just laying around a hospital the entire movie, stealing again from the better Part II)

Ends was better than Kills, but was seriously not needed. You copy a story from part 4. Kid Myers was . . just.. . . who the hell gets picked on by a group of band geeks, and then gets his ass beat by them. Terrible set up so you can get to see them killed, in comical fashion. And then the big show down between senior citizens in a kitchen.

OG Halloween is all that was needed.
Part II if you want a little more.
Part III if you want something new.

But naw, we have to rehash, reboot, reimage and copy old ****. Multiple times.

I'm shocked that people are surprised by this. Kills was absolutely awful. 2018 gave the fans false hope.
I personally disliked H: Kills very much. To the point that I wasn't planning on watching this one at all, something reinforced by the horrid Rotten Tomatoes scores (from both critics and audiences!). BUT. . .I just signed up for an annual Peacock subscription, and figured, what the hell?

Sounds like I am in the minority, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I liked that it was different, and thought the exploration of Corey had some compelling moments, for a B horror movie anyway. His interaction and relationship with Myers was interesting to see play out. The kills were pretty good. Acting, direction, and cinematography were all serviceable. The parts that were over the top here worked for me in a way that their parallels didn't in H: Kills.

The lack of consistency in how invincible Myers actually is is a bit annoying, but that didn't bother me too much.

Overall, not a great film, something I may largely forget about in a few years. I think the 2018 movie was better, but would still probably rank this in my top 3 or 4 Halloween movies, not that that's saying much. The original is number one with a bullet and nothing else is in the same galaxy.

As for this movie I wish that they'd have shown Laurie come home & Corey's body would be gone like Michael at the end on '78. Either that or at the very end show the same wide shot of the Leaving Haddonfield sign and have a motorcycle go the same way as Alyson.
I agree. It seems like the movie was initially going in that direction (and that would definitely be in the spirit of the franchise), but then. . .it veered off at the end a bit. Seemed unsure what it wanted to be at that point.

Something better could’ve been done with The Shape being connected to pagan craft.
Halloween 6 remake?

5. Victims are all jerks - Curse, RZ Halloween 2 and some of RZ 1st t one, Halloween resurrection. Everyone who dies in this film sucks as a human ( understandable coming from haddonfield I guess) and I could care less about their death. That Dr could have been the brother of the a hole father in Curse :lol
That's one thing that I also kind of liked about this. There are exceptions, but the typical horror victims are relatively innocent, whereas most here were real scum bags, even psychopaths who attempted to hurt or kill Corey. In my book, defying expectations is typically a good thing with an unnecessary sequel. If you are going back to the well, do something different and hopefully interesting. At some level I think that was done here.

I personally disliked H: Kills very much. To the point that I wasn't planning on watching this one at all, something reinforced by the horrid Rotten Tomatoes scores (from both critics and audiences!). BUT. . .I just signed up for an annual Peacock subscription, and figured, what the hell?

Sounds like I am in the minority, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I liked that it was different, and thought the exploration of Corey had some compelling moments, for a B horror movie anyway. His interaction and relationship with Myers was interesting to see play out. The kills were pretty good. Acting, direction, and cinematography were all serviceable. The parts that were over the top here worked for me in a way that their parallels didn't in H: Kills.

The lack of consistency in how invincible Myers actually is is a bit annoying, but that didn't bother me too much.

Overall, not a great film, something I may largely forget about in a few years. I think the 2018 movie was better, but would still probably rank this in my top 3 or 4 Halloween movies, not that that's saying much. The original is number one with a bullet and nothing else is in the same galaxy.

I agree. It seems like the movie was initially going in that direction (and that would definitely be in the spirit of the franchise), but then. . .it veered off at the end a bit. Seemed unsure what it wanted to be at that point.

Halloween 6 remake?

That's one thing that I also kind of liked about this. There are exceptions, but the typical horror victims are relatively innocent, whereas most here were real scum bags, even psychopaths who attempted to hurt or kill Corey. In my book, defying expectations is typically a good thing with an unnecessary sequel. If you are going back to the well, do something different and hopefully interesting. At some level I think that was done here.
One of the biggest complaints about slasher films are that they have characters you don’t like or don’t care about. This people getting what they deserve was most of the kills in RZ Halloween

But it’s cool if you liked it. I found it to be an uninteresting story filled with characters I don’t want to watch lol

One of the biggest complaints about slasher films are that they have characters you don’t like or don’t care about. This people getting what they deserve was most of the kills in RZ Halloween

But it’s cool if you liked it. I found it to be an uninteresting story filled with characters I don’t want to watch lol
Honestly I blocked Kills out of my mind for the most part, and don't even remember who died or didn't apart from her daughter, and the ones they showed in the flashback sequences in H: Ends.

I don't disagree that these characters are pretty paper thin. I've been watching a bunch of older Cronenberg movies recently (the Brood, Dead Zone, Dead Ringers) and you can't even begin to compare the characterization and richness of those movies with "popcorn" movies like the new Halloween franchise. But I think a big reason why I enjoyed this movie overall was that I went in with very low expectations, and the film exceeded those anyway. But then, I'm also the guy who initially liked the 2nd Thor movie, so take my opinion for what it's worth :lol

Of all the nostalgia-goggle "classics" I think Halloween 2 is the most egregious. I love it but released today it would be a meme factory. The entire Ben Tramer death scene plays like an SNL skit from start to finish. They DESTROY that kid. :lol

Back