Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this trilogy but in the course of it I've heard so many cool fan theories. Personally I think if they were going to eliminate the family connection it would be the perfect opportunity to expand the world but they were like nah.

SPOILERS BELOW

As for this movie I wish that they'd have shown Laurie come home & Corey's body would be gone like Michael at the end on '78. Either that or at the very end show the same wide shot of the Leaving Haddonfield sign and have a motorcycle go the same way as Alyson.

I like this trilogy but in the course of it I've heard so many cool fan theories. Personally I think if they were going to eliminate the family connection it would be the perfect opportunity to expand the world but they were like nah.

SPOILERS BELOW

As for this movie I wish that they'd have shown Laurie come home & Corey's body would be gone like Michael at the end on '78. Either that or at the very end show the same wide shot of the Leaving Haddonfield sign and have a motorcycle go the same way as Alyson.
I hope to never see Corey again. Awful character with a face to match :lol

Honestly I prefer the RZ H1/H2 over this new trilogy which is not a good thing lol

The 1st one was the best but even then only ok.

I just watched the fight with Laurie again in Ends and it’s really dumb how much abuse she can take.

I am gonna give RZ another try but I have no affinity for them.

Stuff I love from the DGG trilogy off the top of my head -

18: Cold open, Michael creeping in the graveyard, schoolbus in a ditch imagery, Michael stalking the podcaster in the background through the gas station + brutal restroom deaths, girl on the phone getting stabbed through the neck, Michael in the closet, Dave pinned to the wall with his death date tattooed on his arm, the motion sensor light scene, Michael staring through the gate as the basement burns.

Kills: Flashback stuff, Michael walking out of the burning house, kitchen pin cushion old dude, little kids playing peek a boo, the Johns, Cameron's death, Karen's death.

SPOIILERS

Still chewing on Ends but so far: cold open is bonkers, "don't F with the Mulaneys" callback :lol, the weird Michael face in the wall that I still don't get, scarecrow mask doctor stabbin, kid meets blowtorch, dj meets scissors, and I know erbuddy hates it but I liked the showdown & slow cold intimate killing of Michael and the meat grinder thing is what people have been saying for years they should do with these energizer bunny murderers so I dunno why they're all whinging about it now. :lol

Umm…

As Steve Rogers once famously said…

“On your left”

Our left that is lol

9F4CE0AE-2C31-4AEE-98EA-02B2D50192C2.jpeg

I liked the final battle. And the 90 minute afterschool special that preceded it.

Part of me wanted to laugh when the kid got his resolution in the beginning teaser. I mean, that might make me a bad person OR it might mean that child actor found his inner "Joffrey" acting mojo and did a great job of making me hate him in like 90 seconds of total screen time.

So I watched Joffrey's last GOT episode with neighbors years ago. And they cheered. LOL.

Part of me was privately thinking, "Should I not be OK with this?", then I remembered they bought chicken wings and I decided not to rock that boat.

Honestly I prefer the RZ H1/H2 over this new trilogy which is not a good thing lol

The 1st one was the best but even then only ok.

I just watched the fight with Laurie again in Ends and it’s really dumb how much abuse she can take.
I thought 2018 was solid except for the dumb psychiatrist part. Everything else was very solid.

Kills has so much dumb but some good.

Ends is crap

But RZs Halloween films make me feel like I have to take a shower afterwards. :lol I don’t mind the actual remake part of the first but hate all the origin stuff.

Part 2 has more style and has some good violent moments but the characters are the worst and a 25 min dream sequence is almost as bad as what Ends did.

The new trilogy has 2018. That film has a good finale and can end there. This it allows the trilogy to be better than the RZ films even though I have made it no longer a trilogy by ignoring the final 2 :lol

I thought 2018 was solid except for the dumb psychiatrist part. Everything else was very solid.

Kills has so much dumb but some good.

Ends is crap

But RZs Halloween films make me feel like I have to take a shower afterwards. :lol I don’t mind the actual remake part of the first but hate all the origin stuff.

Part 2 has more style and has some good violent moments but the characters are the worst and a 25 min dream sequence is almost as bad as what Ends did.

The new trilogy has 2018. That film has a good finale and can end there. This it allows the trilogy to be better than the RZ films even though I have made it no longer a trilogy by ignoring the final 2 :lol
Fair enough lol

Watched Ends yesterday and really enjoyed it. If you're going in to see a typical Myers stabby, stabby movie then steer clear of it. Corey looks quite similar to a certain someone.

Attachments

• corey-cunningham-halloween-ends-1665761687206.jpg
    corey-cunningham-halloween-ends-1665761687206.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 0
I still like the original Halloween 2 from it wraps up everything, kill both Loomis and Myers and the fact that it all happens in one night makes for a great Haddonfield legend for future generations. To me the real showdown will always be Loomis and Myers

Ok spoilers have been placed in this thread

So the worst parts from the other films lived for this one.

1. Micheal transfers his evil to another - Halloween 4. So this plot idea went away in the 5th film but I hated the end of 4 when Jamie seemed to be taking the mantle of MM

2. MM hanging around other people - Curse of MM. MM hanging with and not killing Corey reminded me of MM hanging with the Thorn cult.

3. Main characters are annoying - RZ Halloween ( especially part 2) Laurie’s granddaughter was a step above RZ part 2 version of Laurie, Corey sucked. Laurie must be on tranquilizers now? Far too happy with a free roaming MM and a daughter killed by MM. She won’t stand up for herself when idiots come and give her crap about MM?

4. Haddonfield is full of awful people - Halloween Kills. Well I guess it’s consistent. All the “evil dies tonight” idiots who helped kill a 5’ 8” fat dude with no remorse treat the Strode family like crap for no reason.

5. Victims are all jerks - Curse, RZ Halloween 2 and some of RZ 1st t one, Halloween resurrection. Everyone who dies in this film sucks as a human ( understandable coming from haddonfield I guess) and I could care less about their death. That Dr could have been the brother of the a hole father in Curse :lol

Yeah I just can’t find anything to like about this one. Thought it had the worst carpenter composed score also.

Last edited:
Back