Great comic book covers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does suck. I have a few comics signed by Zeck. I also have the Todd Mcfarlane Grey Hulk poster signed. They are some of my favorite collectibles.

It was Michael Turner?s work that really sucked me into the comic world when he created Fathom. Such a great artist. Now I enjoy all different takes on my fave characters by different artists. Gabrielle Dell?Otto, Adi Granov and Artgerm are awesome.

View attachment 471088
View attachment 471089
View attachment 471090
View attachment 471091
View attachment 471092
View attachment 471093

Some fabulous ones there; I'd like some large prints of those Captain Marvel covers :thud:

Turner really did have a style all his own. None of his drawing could possibly exist as real people, similar to Liefelds, due to the anatomy, but there was just something much more refined and professional about Turner.

I didn't really care for his Image stuff but when he moved to DC it was clear he was head and shoulders above the rest of their stable as the most dynamic artist.

Damn shame he died so young....along with Mark Gruenwald, Seth Fisher, Mike Wieringo, Mike Parobeck.......the comics industry is so relatively small that when anyone dies it's a big deal. For all these guys to die so young is much more tragic.

Man, look at DC still milking this McF cover like 30 years later cause it's one of the only ones they really have.

This one seems to have gotten a digital touch up, color wise.

The Black and White statue is based directly on this image, mostly for the craaazy Spawn style cape, but the sad girl being comforted has been removed.

They had lifesize versions at the cons this year, and it had the yellow oval logo. I'll be curious to see if it's there on the final product.

(Although, I'm so spoiled by how amazing the Mignola full color B+WW statue is, I'd gladly go back and buy all the best ones in full color....but that would completely defeat the purpose of the B+W white line wouldn't it? Still....Mignola and Lee's statues looked gorgeous in color....)

81gMjuOGFPL.jpg

The terror in the Marine’s face is great and the simplicity of Boba in front of the sunset is beautiful.

Attachments

• 70676D32-F3AE-4F53-A863-CACEF0D39B3B.jpeg
    70676D32-F3AE-4F53-A863-CACEF0D39B3B.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 35
yw0dzbj.jpg

PueraD6.jpg

Wonder Woman: Black & Gold #1 - Warren Louw
I have been on the edge of my seat waiting for Warren to make a print of this cover available. Who knew that SS was going to end up as the distributor? Print came in today and was promptly framed. It may be on the smallish side (18"x24" ), but it looks even more striking than it did when the issue first released. A+

Off to stare at it for a while 😍

That's absolutely true. Buying comics in the last 5 or more years is essentially collecting covers. Nobody wants to read the garbage on the inside.

The only good thing about the majority of the new comics are the covers :lol
Haha!! Agreed. I picked up that Captain America “United States of Captain America” because the cover was cool (and I dig Sam as Cap), but the contents were such dog vomit that I may never read another modern comic again. Haha.

I bought the World’s Finest Jerry Seinfeld variant cover because it’s super cool and I love his interview show, but I’ve never cracked it open for this exact reason. Hah

I recently managed to bag all 33 issues of the Eagle Comics Judge Dredd run. The covers are by one of the best, Brian Bolland.

Attachments

• 134502B4-104B-4FFA-B3C9-EB9B84A7B2CF.jpeg
    134502B4-104B-4FFA-B3C9-EB9B84A7B2CF.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 8548997B-B5C6-44FB-8CCF-2985FC777A21.jpeg
    8548997B-B5C6-44FB-8CCF-2985FC777A21.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 918D4D3C-ADBD-4EBC-8FA6-9B0582BB88B4.jpeg
    918D4D3C-ADBD-4EBC-8FA6-9B0582BB88B4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Those are American reprints, no? I bought all of the "Judge Dredd Crime Files" as a kid because of those Bolland covers. I was disappointed when I got home and opened them that he didn't do any of the interiors. Still, some of the stories were good and I even remember John Byrne doing the art for some reason!

Such killer covers though! Bolland is a legend.

Those are American reprints, no? I bought all of the "Judge Dredd Crime Files" as a kid because of those Bolland covers. I was disappointed when I got home and opened them that he didn't do any of the interiors. Still, some of the stories were good and I even remember John Byrne doing the art for some reason!

Such killer covers though! Bolland is a legend.
Aye, they were released back in ‘84 for the American market. I still bought them at the time as I’m a huge 2000ad fan, even though I had the original progs.
The early Dredd artists were amazing, Mike McMahon, Brian Bolland, Ron Smith and Carlos Ezquera.
John Byrne did do a strip for the 2000ad summer special in 83 (I think?)
I was so happy to pick these up again and for such a good price of E-bay. Really good condition too😁

Panosian has come a long way since he had to ape the Liefeld style on X-Force back in the early 90s.

Back