Media Grand Theft Auto VI in development

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't actually mind a genuine remake of the first Vice City game in the V engine, but I certainly wouldn't say no to a Vice City game based in the same world that IV and V are set in, in the modern era..

Can't believe that after all this time we are finally going to see a glimpse just next month!
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/4kok877a13aa32/a-message-from-rockstar-games
1699480483336.png

Very impressive visuals, especially if that's what the PS5 and XSX can expect. There's a lot of valid critique out there for Rockstar and Take Two in general with regard to their business practices, but this has clearly been in development for quite a while and is a great demonstration as to why they're industry leaders.

Very impressive visuals, especially if that's what the PS5 and XSX can expect. There's a lot of valid critique out there for Rockstar and Take Two in general with regard to their business practices, but this has clearly been in development for quite a while and is a great demonstration as to why they're industry leaders.
For me Rockstar has always been the pinnacle of gaming, love them or hate them every game they release sets a new standard for the whole industry and pushes the medium forward in ways not many other devs can. They worked black magic with Red Dead 2 on last gen I can't even imagine how good this will look and perform on current gen systems and the inevitable PS5 Pro, those hair physics are mind blowing.

For me Rockstar has always been the pinnacle of gaming, love them or hate them every game they release sets a new standard for the whole industry and pushes the medium forward in ways not many other devs can. They worked black magic with Red Dead 2 on last gen I can't even imagine how good this will look and perform on current gen systems and the inevitable PS5 Pro, those hair physics are mind blowing.

I wasn't the biggest fan of RDR2 as a game but there's no denying it's a technical marvel and a standard bearer for AAA title quality. The reliance on GTAO (and RDO) for the last decade is now beginning to make a lot of sense - steady reliable income stream directly funding the development of the next steady reliable income stream.

I wasn't the biggest fan of RDR2 as a game but there's no denying it's a technical marvel and a standard bearer for AAA title quality. The reliance on GTAO (and RDO) for the last decade is now beginning to make a lot of sense - steady reliable income stream directly funding the development of the next steady reliable income stream.
RDR2 is a long slow burn and definitely not for everyone but it has been the standard for modern open world games... until now.
There's rumors VI has a budget of over a billion dollars, I find it extremely hard to believe but when I look at the trailer it definitely looks like they poured a lot of money into it. There were also reports a while back that mentioned Rockstar invested in new technology and AI specifically for this game so if they really spent so much on this game it explains to people that hate Online why they kept supporting it so strongly all this time.

I love Vice City, but would have loved a new location…

The press release implies the entire state rather than just VC, which lines up with rumours from years back suggesting multiple cities:

Grand Theft Auto VI heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet.

Normally I'd say that would be a preposterous idea, but with how much money GTAO has made and how long VI has been in development for...

The press release implies the entire state rather than just VC, which lines up with rumours from years back suggesting multiple cities:

Grand Theft Auto VI heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet.

Normally I'd say that would be a preposterous idea, but with how much money GTAO has made and how long VI has been in development for...
Makes much more sense!

Same. The repetition of going back to the same cities/states is wearing a little thin...but, good to see the familiar with a huge graphical jump.
The repetitive mechanics sure is tiresome but the immersive environment they have going inside their world became my gold standard when playing an open world game. I cant imagine how many dialogues they have in preparation for VI. I'm still salty RDR2 didn't win GOTY that year hahaha was never a fan or R* before but after playing RDR1.. oh boy..

I agree with RRX I remember playing RDR2 for the 1st time and had never played 1. It totally gripped me and even now I'm still discovering cool details. So I'm pumped for what they do with GTA 6 as it will be there 1st new Gen console game.

Trailer looks incredible and I'm glad we've got 2 characters! Very excited to see more!

You should be able to alternate between multiple cities in the Rockstar Universe, Liberty City maybe even Carcer City, from the game Manhunt. Maybe that is a feature we dont know about yet though.

You should be able to alternate between multiple cities in the Rockstar Universe, Liberty City maybe even Carcer City, from the game Manhunt. Maybe that is a feature we dont know about yet though.
Not a chance. You’d need all different assets and NPCs for each city. Maybe once the standard size for games is over 1TB.

This game looks fantastic so far! I’m sure R* will give us the best performance!
And also I would like to see a 1/6 figures of Jason and Lucia, I think they are pretty easy and simple to create and it’s just a matter of time until someone will take care of that.. the game isn’t out yet but I’m very hyped!
IMG_4614.gif

Back