Media Grand Theft Auto VI in development

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting to see how this goes post Michael Unsworth / Dan Houser departure from Rockstar.

From what I’ve seen so far I get strong GTA online vibes. Maybe we’ll see less single player content and more online/coop/multiplayer content?

Looks great and about time we had a female main in a GTA game but I'll probably skip this, I'll be over 40 by the time the game comes out and I think a lot in this seems to be a commentary on the social media/tic tac crowd. I've been playing GTA since the 3rd one on PS2 in 2001 and have never missed a main release, but waiting over 10 years for a GTA game makes me feel old. Same reason why I never played Kingdom Hearts III, it took like 15 years for that game to come out!

Interesting to see how this goes post Michael Unsworth / Dan Houser departure from Rockstar.

From what I’ve seen so far I get strong GTA online vibes. Maybe we’ll see less single player content and more online/coop/multiplayer content?
Post Lazlow as well, VI has been in development for a long time so it is possible their work for the game is still intact but there's also those reports about the game going through a reboot around 2019-2020.

To add more fuel to the fire both Lazlow and Unsworth have joined Dan's new studio, Absurd Adventures, so it begs the question just what went so horribly wrong to make them all leave and go work together somewhere else. At least Rupert Humphries is still there and he has worked some of the best Rockstar titles, most notably he co-wrote IV with Dan.

In any case while I have enjoyed previous GTA games stories, with IV possibly being my favorite none of them have quite had the emotional grip on me like Red Dead has so I'm mostly looking forward to exploring the open world and seeing how Rockstar pushes new boundaries on a technical level but I am already liking Lucia and interested in the Bonnie and Clyde dynamic with Jason, there's a lot of potential for a good story there.

Last edited:
Got no interest in the Online mode. GTA/Rockstar games are always a singleplayer experience first and foremost for me.

Their online modes are basically griefing/trolling simulator.

Grand Theft Auto VI breaks 3 official Guinness World Records​

Guinness World Records have announced that the Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer has already broken 3 official records in its first 24 hours of being released.
As of writing this article, the Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer has 104 Million Views in around 37 hours. Which is incredible. The first Grand Theft Auto V Trailer that released 12 years ago only hit 100 Million Views yesterday.

Guinness World Records described the Trailer as being ‘the most sought after video since the release of the Grand Theft Auto V trailer 12 years ago.

The First Guinness World Record that the GTA VI Trailer has broken is the most viewed videogame reveal on YouTube in 24 hours in which the trailer gained 90,421,491 views.

The second Guinness World Record that the Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer has broken is the most liked Videogame Trailer on YouTube in 24 hours in which it gained 8.9 Million YouTube likes. This was previously held by Battlefield 1 in which that gained 2,380,630. Although this is impressive, The GTA VI Trailer is actually the most liked Trailer on YouTube of all time not just a Videogame trailer in which was previously held by Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War Official Trailer, with 4.1 million likes. Hopefully Guinness World Records acknowledge this soon.

The Third official record that the GTA VI Trailer has broken is most viewed YouTube video in 24 hours (non-music), the trailer gained 90,421,491 views and this was previously held by Content Creator MrBeast since August 2023 in which he had gained 59.4 Million views..

GWR.png

(Source: Grand Theft Auto VI breaks 3 official Guinness World Records - RockstarINTEL)

Eh. I feel no hype around this. Don't know what to think knowing Michael and Dan are not gonna be there for this. Yeah, this game will be a technical marvel (GTA games always are) and basically everyone and there dog will jump in on the hype train cos its GTA. Got many other games in my backlog to enjoy.

I don't play GTA games for the story. It's been the least interesting aspect in most GTA games, unlike Red Dead games. I'm in for the open world exploration and interactions which I'm sure they'll not only pull it off, but also push the boundaries for.
There are still many good people at Rockstar. Rob Nelson is still there and is the head of Rockstar North, the main GTA studio. He did an amazing job producing RDR2 and even Bully.

I'm blown away with the trailer. My only wish for now is that they expand on the greet/defuse mechanics for interacting with NPC's.

Looks great and about time we had a female main in a GTA game but I'll probably skip this, I'll be over 40 by the time the game comes out and I think a lot in this seems to be a commentary on the social media/tic tac crowd. I've been playing GTA since the 3rd one on PS2 in 2001 and have never missed a main release, but waiting over 10 years for a GTA game makes me feel old. Same reason why I never played Kingdom Hearts III, it took like 15 years for that game to come out!
Wow, putting an age cap on your gaming? I plan on gaming forever... so long and they stay enjoyable.

Back