Google Chrome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I downloaded the new Google Browser (Chrome) today and I'm using it right now.

So far, I love this browser... it's blazing fast. Much faster than either IE or Firefox (at least on my laptop running Vista). :google

:clap

Kudos to Google. Indeed they will run the entire internet at this rate.

CLICK HERE to download it and try it out.

:lol I'm always late when it comes to interwebs tech. :p

And after just one hour this is my new Default browser. Its just so damn fast!

I like the speed of it, but it concerns me when I read people talking in the other thread about how the Google corporation records your activity through it, maybe IE and Firefox do that too, but I've never heard of it and I just don't care for that sort of "invasion".

I like the speed of it, but it concerns me when I read people talking in the other thread about how the Google corporation records your activity through it, maybe IE and Firefox do that too, but I've never heard of it and I just don't care for that sort of "invasion".
They all do it and you can turn it off.

I tried it and it ended up crashing a lot, so I removed it. Was going to wait for the bugs to be ironed out, but if they record my activity through it they can jam it.

How do you turn it off?

I tried it and it ended up crashing a lot, so I removed it. Was going to wait for the bugs to be ironed out, but if they record my activity through it they can jam it.

How do you turn it off?

During set-up there was an option to Opt-Out of the browser performance feature, which I did. I have various Security applications running and there has been no information coming to and from my browser (other than the URLs and files on the pages I've hit, obviously).

Cheers IJ. I'll wait till they fix it then, because it is much faster, and it has some cool features.

tried when it was launched. I'm way to familiar with FireFox to switch to Chrome now

Im baffled by how a browser can be "faster" than another browser.....?

Ive been using firefox for the longest time but not because it was faster or anything like that. I thought a browser was a browser and nothing more except for functionality and ease of use, customization.

Im baffled by how a browser can be "faster" than another browser.....?

Oh yeah, there are plenty of different rendering engines behind browsers. Some are horribly slow, while others are blazingly fast.

The thing that baffles me, is that I've seen reports saying Chrome is faster than Safari; but both use the same rendering engine (WebKit). :confused:

Without getting too nerdy, I think Chrome is especially faster than browsers built on the same engine because of the way it handles javascript.

Oh yeah, there are plenty of different rendering engines behind browsers. Some are horribly slow, while others are blazingly fast.

Without getting too nerdy, I think Chrome is especially faster than browsers built on the same engine because of the way it handles javascript.
Exactly. Given an "all else being equal" scenario (the connection speed and computing power of the PC involved), the rendering engine and associated plug-ins play a huge role in how fast a browser is.

IE7 is painfully slow, but being the biggest fish in the pond, still has the guarantee of working with more web sites (not because it is better, but because developers put more effort into ensuring that their sites work correctly on IE than other browsers).

Firefox is WAY faster, but the trade off is that a small (and shrinking) number of sites will not render correctly.

Chrome is faster still, but it is still in beta, so we don't know for sure how much the additional features that have yet to be completed will affect its performance or compatibility. Plus, there are no extensions available yet for Chrome, and those may also affect performance to a degree.

Just messing with chrome now and it is faster than the other two. I'm going to keep both this and Firefox for now.

Back