Good Spider Man comic runs.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 15061

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

Was never the biggest fan of the webhead, mainly gained an interest since playing the ps4 game. What would be some good series to check out?
Have read Superior Spiderman, but looking for other options.

Been many years since I read it, but Kraven?s Last Hunt is one storyline that stays with me ... think it was just 6 issues originally.

I read the books as a pre-teen until I was maybe 15 and honestly can?t remember specific runs. Back then I just read what I found, Spidey-wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraven's last hunt is a classic and can be bought easily. I liked stories with Hobgoblin, Early Venom, Green Goblin, and Dr. Octopus to. Many classic trades are out there or Omnibuses if you want to start from the beginning.

Yep Kraven?s last stand is one of the very best.

Ive always liked the first run of Hobgoblin, ASM 238-239,244-245,249-250. Everything else after ruined that character.

Awesome thanks, will try and look for these titles.
Are the Ultimate ones any good?

For me, the best Spidey I’ve read thus far was Bendis’ and Bagley’s run on Ultimate Spider-Man. It was still good after Bagley left, but the combo of the former’s writing and the latter’s art was absolutely killer, IMO.

After watching 90s cartoon as kid when i have access to the original American comics, starting with 2003, i only read JMS & J. Rominta Jr. run of Amazing Spider-Man at the time and it was fine. There were some controversial things on the run with Gwen that i didn't like, but Morlun was a great new villain. I really liked The Ezekiel character, JMS tried to bring a mythological side to the Spider-Man with Spider Totem and everything and that was interesting. Seeing Peter Parker as a middle aged man who became a teacher at his high school and married to MJ was good uncharted territory and a nice continuation over the 90s cartoon.

I also read Ultimate Spider-Man and it was fantastic, one of the best comics, i have ever read.

Back