GOOD SMILE COMPANY Hagane Works RoboCop and MODEROID ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cain's legs should extend if it's actually articulated properly. Hopefully they're not stuck in that hunched pose to support the weight or anything.

As for the Moderoid ED-209, make sure you take a look at what it looks like without paint. It's a model kit after all. Right out of the box it's not going to look good. It requires some fairly advanced painting to make it look anything like the other ED toys.

Cain's legs should extend if it's actually articulated properly. Hopefully they're not stuck in that hunched pose to support the weight or anything.

As for the Moderoid ED-209, make sure you take a look at what it looks like without paint. It's a model kit after all. Right out of the box it's not going to look good. It requires some fairly advanced painting to make it look anything like the other ED toys.
you ever seen my paint work? I put Silent Surfer to shame. I make Joe Dunaway's Predators look like Kenner paint jobs. I taught Jordu Schell everything he knows.

just kidding, i suck compared to those guys...but good call. you're right it's a FULL completely unbuilt model kit. looks decently complex. but when finished it loose fantastic.

i'd say second best next to the Chronicle Tippett Puppet

Man. Watching videos like that just depress me. I suck at painting and cutting and gluing. I've destroyed so many figures over the years due to my complete lack of hand coordination and total lack of patience.

I'm proud when I manage to get a sticker on straight.

Man. Watching videos like that just depress me. I suck at painting and cutting and gluing. I've destroyed so many figures over the years due to my complete lack of hand coordination and total lack of patience.

I'm proud when I manage to get a sticker on straight.
Absolutely the same.

So all this talk of RoboCop 2 made me dig the only RoboCain merch I had out of my closet....haven't seen it in years and felt like checking them out.

These were part of a small set of blind boxed trading figures that Kotobukiya released in Japan in 2005 or so. I was living here at the time and was thrilled to pick them up. Until NECA gave us a proper ED-209, this was the best ED figure I had. I liked the fact that these three seem to be in relatively proper scale, although with all the different props and puppets there's probably no one "definitive" scale. These are really detailed and nicely painted. Drawbacks? Super SMALL, and no useful articulation. This RoboCop is probably less than 2 inches tall. But since I don't have the Hiya stuff, this remains my only "set" of in scale RoboCop, ED, and Cain.

IMG-0704.JPG

But then I remembered I also have these goofy things. These came out in 2015, and were in a "gatcha" machine, so I had to keep pumping like $4 at a time to try to get em all. I of course ended up with doubles but I think I gave them away to someone on this board....

They're goofy looking, but still fun. All the details are there but they're super-deformed. This is definitely the only merchandise of Otomo that I'm aware off. Unfortunately no force on earth can unbend his sword. I tried everything.

IMG-0705.JPG

But that wacky Otomo figure gave me an idea.

Just recently I had bought the old NECA "Director" version of the Crazy 88 member from Kill Bill to finally have a figure of Quentin Tarantino for my shelf. Now, this costume is in NO way near accurate, but since nobody on earth likes RoboCop 3 I doubt anyone would care, and I certainly don't care to put any work into it. This is the easiest, laziest custom in the world.....am I crazy or does this actually kinda work with the MAFEX??

IMG-0702.JPG

And he even has decapitation action, just like in the movie!!

IMG-0703.JPG

After getting my Chinese bootleg "custom" Murphy head, the only real missing piece in this scale is Robo-Cain....I wish someone would make it already!!

i checked other Hiya Toys products, particularly robocops and predators.
what a piece of... bad painting, i don't want their Cain anymore.

The other options for Cain are the rare Argonauts Model kit made about 26 years ago (maybe more) and the uber expensive Chronicles one. Looking at the image though of the Goodsmile Cain (if that is the manufacturer) the feet look much better than the Argonauts version which were ridiculously big.

The other options for Cain are the rare Argonauts Model kit made about 26 years ago (maybe more) and the uber expensive Chronicles one. Looking at the image though of the Goodsmile Cain (if that is the manufacturer) the feet look much better than the Argonauts version which were ridiculously big.

talking about Cain options, shhhhhhhhhhhh keep this between me and you :naughty it's for the kit builders out there.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-m...2-movie-cain-action-figure-3d-printable-model
The size 1/6. About 43Cm. All joints are 95% movable.

Ha Ha! Sorry! The 1/6 option sounds fantastic. Looking at the images of the Goodsmile version I think the legs appear small because they are folded down into a compressed 'V' shape. I think at full height they would appear longer.

Just to clarify.....Good Smile is the Japanese company that made the version of RoboCop with some diecast parts this year.

We kind of hijacked this thread with discussion of RoboCop 2 Cain, and we're talking about a 1/18 scale figure set to be released by Hiya toys out of Hong Kong.

Holy s***, this is happening? Now I'll have to get the Robo to compliment this.

I agree that the Hiya toys look rather off-model and fragile, and I have zero interest in 1/18 scale toys, but they seem to be the only company that's ever going to attempt an articulated RoboCain.

View attachment 534911

I hate that it's so tiny and won't scale with a damn thing I own, but I might have to get it cause it might be our only chance at a RoboCop 2 that can move.

Of course, how WELL it can move remains to be seen. Also, they tend to charge an awful lot for such small figures.

Back