Gong Studio 8.8 inches Lightyear: Space Ranger Alpha Buzz Lightyear Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks absolutely incredible. Seems like the reviewers only problems with it were the black hook attachments for the gun and sword, and the bicep not being able to do a full 360 rotation.

It looks fantastic, and I can't wait until Kit ships this out!

That collapsing helmet 😍 man I am so excited for this
That was genius. I thought it'd just be a helmet you put on the figure, but this is so much better. It's one less piece you have to worry about storing or losing.

Gong/Pop Mart is definitely a company to look out for. Hope they get some worldwide licenses.

That is absolutely stunning! There seems to be a lot of personality in the sculpt with hair too. Both are great, but he really looks like an animated character in the unmasked one. I'm also impressed that there is a timely unboxing, as figures always seem to be delayed! The quality looks so good that I think it more than makes up for the smaller scale.

Just noticed the video is from 4 weeks ago, so is that an unboxing of the final or a prototype? I'm not familiar with the youtuber.

Last edited:
Reading through the comments, it seems like Sox is a freebie for people who pre-ordered with a particular store in China.

Yup:

Ah, you received Sox if you ordered early through Popmart themselves. That's an awesome little bonus. Both these unboxings were a month ago, so only four months after the preorder went up?! I wonder when other retailers will get their stock.

Last edited:
Just had a look at Popmart's Instagram and it seems the official release date for Buzz was January 6th.

buzz.png

Great videos from China as first views.

The mechanics for the retractable visor, leg joints and shoulders are really 1st class. This figure looks to be a real standout.

Hope to get my processing note from KIT next.

Did you receive the actual invoice? I received an email from Kit saying my invoice has been sent, but there's no payment request in any of my PayPal accounts.
No I haven't,I thought it was a paypal glitch and contacted him, he said he set up invoices for February 4th and bc of time difference we got processing email earlier. Everything is fine,just wait.

Update: Got it

Kit told me they were sent out on the 4th. Invoices I mean - I got mine today and paid. I would love to grab a second one actually. I think he looks perfect. Even the cowled head looks perfect where the Hot Toys (which I also got ordered) sculpt looks off to me. Maybe it’s the eyebrows being on the same plane with no arch makes it look odd. He has almost a unibrow look to him where this one appears to have walked right off the screen.

Same, can't wait to finally get my hands on it. It reminds me of threezero's excellent DLX figures.

Forgot to report back here due to a busy weekend, but mine has shipped too. Really looking forward to his arrival! I've loved everything I've seen in photos and unboxings so far and it's awesome that the wait between preorder and shipping was so short.

Got my notice this morning - perfect birthday present 🎁 for myself. I turned 53 today and for the first time in years I’m truly excited to get a piece. I’ll be watching my tracking like a hawk. Also I know Kit has sold out so I found a second one (I want one displayed flying fully decked out and the other with no helmet or cowl standing with light blade and pistol in hand) at TF-Direct for about $25 more than what I paid to Kit for first one I ordered. I have a feeling this one is going to be a sleeper figure. Since I don’t plan on having him sharing a shelf with any other figure I could care less about the scale. Which seems to be the one thing collector friends of mine are so concerned with. So congratulations to everyone here that got one. Honestly excited to see what POPMART/Gong come out with next.

Back