Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While they're all unique, I feel like my top 3 share a general look about them, but the '93 just stands out from the pack and not in good ways. All the other designs have an evil, vicious look to them, but that one is so soft and non-threatening.

Agreed. It's odd too, since Heisei is my favorite era in terms of designs. I think Toho and their artists absolutely killed it on Godzilla and most of his foes, but they dropped the ball on the ol' bucket of bolts.

After Ghidorah, they went softer modernizing past kaiju, Rodan and Mecha G lost some of the power in their designs from Showa era, maybe trying to hard to change them and not feel like a repeat.

I went ahead watched some of the fight scenes, and thought the action between G and K is good. I must admit I didn't like the design for MG, I liked the one from Ready Player One and initially thought they were going to go for something similar.

I went ahead watched some of the fight scenes, and thought the action between G and K is good. I must admit I didn't like the design for MG, I liked the one from Ready Player One and initially thought they were going to go for something similar.

It is strange they didn?t use that design. I?m not a fan of the design either. Looks very micheal bayesh

Just watched the movie. I honestly haven’t decided if I liked it or not. Definitely some cool action scenes but man what a weird movie in a lot of aspects. The suspension of disbelief is at an all time high.

Suicide Squad 1 was more like what the **** did I just watch, even letting go of rational thought couldn’t help that experience.

Having watched it both ways, I am grateful I got to enjoy this in a theater, such a different experience and one I wouldn’t want to miss.

Yeah, this is pure theatrical spectacle is there ever was.

I saw a sequence they played on the news -- Kong punching Godzilla off the naval ship -- and it was pretty impressive looking on an 85 inch screen. I can't imagine how awesome on tall Imax!

That was't even the most impressive shot for me, there are some really close up shots of Kong and Godzilla where you feel like you're really face to face with a monster, and that wasn't even IMAX>

GvK had potential and didn't use it.

167169682_135139288552938_4633111264150576502_n.jpg

168306583_103042981854899_4674950780982072532_n.jpg

168833741_300240724845404_6021520213916219873_n.jpg

BcLEAuD.jpg

So whats with the flat blue light that looked very odd throughout this movie. Even in Hollow Earth the blue/purple gems embedded in the mountains looked like green/blue screen "work in process" layers.

Back