Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was like 15 when that movie came out but it kinda did nothing for me, maybe if I was younger I'd have felt different. But yeah there's Zilla fans out there.
I agree. I was 11 at the time and I remember seeing Godzilla ‘98 and trying to force myself to like it, “guess this is Godzilla now”. But then TOHO’s revenge movie, Godzilla 2000 came out in theaters and they brought me right back.

Zilla and it’s design eventually grew on me only due to how good the cartoon was.

That has to be trolling…right?! I couldn’t even bring myself to buy a Zilla Deforeal, never mind a 20” figure. Different strokes I guess.
That’s definitely a troll. Unless the guy didn’t watch the movie where zilla literally got killed by jets while the real Godzilla brushes that off daily

Love the design tho as a kid I thought it was cool but as Godzilla it’s just not it

That Mechagodzilla looks great! Where did you order it from?

Also, looks like Spiral updated their GMK sculpt, and it's sold out on their site.
I'm a little curious about them stating they are sold out on their site. I went to the site the day before it went on sale. They claim they no longer sell products on their site and that you need to purchase from their contracted partners like BBTS and Awesome Collector. Did anyone actually order from them? My last direct purchase was the Mothra larva.

I would like a nice X-Plus '98, it's not a Godzilla but it's a cool monster design. Spiral is going to be too expensive for me, even though I'm sure it'll look nice.

I'm thrilled that '98 is getting some love, but yeah, it being a Spiral release makes me question just how much I value that design's novelty. The scales and pricepoints offered by Spiral are a bit much. Maybe the slim, horizontal nature of this design will keep the overall size down?

Finally able to open my Mondo ‘89 yesterday, man what a presence it has on display. It’s the biggest Godzilla I own.

I was surprised to see Godzilla himself as vinyl. The swappable mouth pieces and arms are great for having options.

356A8BEE-E278-4F0B-A269-C2325109A35E.jpeg

Finally able to open my Mondo ‘89 yesterday, man what a presence it has on display. It’s the biggest Godzilla I own.

I was surprised to see Godzilla himself as vinyl. The swappable mouth pieces and arms are great for having options.

View attachment 597562
The vinyl Godzilla threw me off when I opened it too! I feel like it was false advertising on Mondo’s part.

I would like a nice X-Plus '98, it's not a Godzilla but it's a cool monster design. Spiral is going to be too expensive for me, even though I'm sure it'll look nice.

An X-Plus large scale Zilla would be a dream come true for me. I'm still obsessed with the '98 movie (I was 11 when it came out, didn't watch the cartoon til about ten years ago and loved it).

I have large scale Godzilla 2019, and GvK Kong and I am trying desperately to afford the new Ghidorah. If X-Plus doesn't make Zilla, I'll have to sculpt my own. I already lost $400 on the version from Tumtist, who vanished right after I ordered it..

I'm a little curious about them stating they are sold out on their site. I went to the site the day before it went on sale. They claim they no longer sell products on their site and that you need to purchase from their contracted partners like BBTS and Awesome Collector. Did anyone actually order from them? My last direct purchase was the Mothra larva.
Try this link: Home | Spiral Studio

They moved their site over to there, but their old site is still up for informational purposes only, so you can't buy from the old site.

The Godzilla Store has a bunch of older X-Plus ric and standard figures selling for retail right now. If you missed out on Godzilla The Ride, Mothra ‘92, MechaGodzilla ‘75, Burning Godzilla, Gigantic ‘54 and a few others, they are there to get with Buyee. That gigantic ‘74 MG is sitting there laughing at me.

If you’re going to buy anything from Japan, make sure not to use PayPal because they always overcharge on the conversion rate.

This is what caught my eye though. I have never needed anything more in my whole life:
EF15DD68-51BB-4077-8E4E-7DAD5706BFD8.jpeg

The Godzilla Store has a bunch of older X-Plus ric and standard figures selling for retail right now. If you missed out on Godzilla The Ride, Mothra ‘92, MechaGodzilla ‘75, Burning Godzilla, Gigantic ‘54 and a few others, they are there to get with Buyee. That gigantic ‘74 MG is sitting there laughing at me.

If you’re going to buy anything from Japan, make sure not to use PayPal because they always overcharge on the conversion rate.

This is what caught my eye though. I have never needed anything more in my whole life:
View attachment 597772

If you use Paypal, there's a thing to click during checkout so you don't use their conversion rate and charge your card the straight JPY. They do make it annoying to find though and can't set it to always charge the foreign currency.

If you use Paypal, there's a thing to click during checkout so you don't use their conversion rate and charge your card the straight JPY. They do make it annoying to find though and can't set it to always charge the foreign currency.
I had no idea that existed. I’ll have to sign in and check it out. Thanks!

Edit: I just checked it out and it turns out PayPal took away the option to turn off the dynamic exchange rate last year. They now recommend to use your card issuer’s exchange rate if you don’t like theirs. How lame on their part.

Last edited:
Back