Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Invasion of The Astro Monster Godzilla and Rodan set for $173.00 up for preorder on the Ric site:

GODZILLA & RODAN Invasion of Astro-Monster Set

9758D494-5809-479B-B3B4-4BF003084A62.jpeg

Wow that’s a killer price for those two! I’ve already got the original releases of both or I’d be all over it. I’m pretty sure I paid close to that just for Rodan. The Godzilla is easily one of X-plus’ best in the 25cm series. It’s a stupendous sculpt and a wonderfully dynamic pose.

Wow that’s a killer price for those two! I’ve already got the original releases of both or I’d be all over it. I’m pretty sure I paid close to that just for Rodan. The Godzilla is easily one of X-plus’ best in the 25cm series. It’s a stupendous sculpt and a wonderfully dynamic pose.
Don’t tempt me lol. I own the other Invasion of the Astro Monster Godzilla. My biggest regret is seeing the Ric set with Rodan and Motrha for around $330 last year and not getting it.

7259894D-944D-4E13-A750-80B6BA0A1D5F.jpeg

Don’t tempt me lol. I own the other Invasion of the Astro Monster Godzilla. My biggest regret is seeing the Ric set with Rodan and Motrha for around $330 last year and not getting it.

View attachment 599049
That’s not from Monster Zero (1965, aka Invasion of Astro Monster but I prefer the original English title). That’s the Godzilla 1964 “B” suit from Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster. Two totally different suits.

Ironically, the Rodan in this set is NOT the 1965 suit but actually the (entirely different) 1964 suit from Ghidrah. To my knowledge X-plus hasn’t actually made the ‘65 Rodan.

That’s not from Monster Zero (1965, aka Invasion of Astro Monster but I prefer the original English title). That’s the Godzilla 1964 “B” suit from Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster. Two totally different suits.

Ironically, the Rodan in this set is NOT the 1965 suit but actually the (entirely different) 1964 suit from Ghidrah. To my knowledge X-plus hasn’t actually made the ‘65 Rodan.
Oh wow you caught me in a brain fart there. I switched the two movies in my head when I was talking about them. Good stuff.

Funny enough, ‘64 Rodan is my favorite version of Rodan. So now that you’re saying this, I might have to pick this up just to own a ‘65 Godzilla and a ‘64 Rodan.

Some new announcements. The FSL is cool, but damn it I’ve been eye balling the Gigantic in the Godzilla Store. Every now and then I check on it and it’s always there. Waiting for me lol.

The ‘93 light up is a weird one to me. We just had the standard and glitter version drop in 2020. Probably a 30 year anniversary thing. I would love Super Mechagodzilla or Fire Rodan rereleases though.

Edit: if anyone is interested in these, Awesomecollector.com already had them up for decent prices.

So the US Ric site is giving me options for EMS shipping and DHL (Which is more expensive). Does anyone know which one is faster?

Thanks. And given the estimated shipping timeline, probably safer. The Postal Service is going to be a nightmare this Holiday Season...
DHL is amazing. Any time that I can get a good deal on it I’ll take it. One thing to make sure you do is electronically sign off on your package when they send you a text with the shipping code. That way they’ll just drop it off at your place rather than require signature.

DHL is amazing. Any time that I can get a good deal on it I’ll take it. One thing to make sure you do is electronically sign off on your package when they send you a text with the shipping code. That way they’ll just drop it off at your place rather than require signature.
Thanks. For some reason my address is formatted strangely on the site even though I input it correctly - is this normal? I'm hoping that by using PayPal to checkout I can mitigate any snags. (This is my first time trying to use the US ric site.)

It can be a little funky when you put your address in. I’ve never had any issues with them and I’ve been ordering there for about 2 years.
Thanks, man. I even sent them a message confirming the correct formatting of my address because I was worried. They're probably reading right now going "Wha? Neurotic American. :rolleyes: Sheesh!"

:LOL:

Back