Giles 12 inch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firefly Flanatic said:
Actually, I wouldn't mind having a Randy Giles Spike figure someday, but after many other figures I've been longing for have been released. Giles is the #1 figure I've been waiting for for ages. And Dusty - you are such a tease - can't you give us a hint?!?

Now, what to do - do my annual "Black Friday" shopping day or sit around the computer on the Sideshow site all day?! Damn, I know my husband is going to make me leave the house! Glad to hear it's just a preview!!

Sideshow official chat won't be open, but there will be some Mistress trivias popping up occasionally over the weekend I believe... Nothing major like Spook or Fan though!

And Creech, shame on you - you pot-stirrer, you!

I expected some kind of positive flaming, but no.

I don't mind waiting for Giles. I have spent the last five years having to be patient, once Sideshow announce something new. It's the same for most of us overseas collectors, and it wont be any different this time. I'm grateful Sideshow are able to produce and gain new licences that keep me interested.

I'm very poor and old, I don't eat in restaurants, I don't shop, hell I don't even own a car..........but I look like Faramir and sound like Paul Hogan's half brother.

So Dusty, how about it?

thamesvalidude said:
No, it'll be a demon that appeared in a few episodes! the judge or D'Hoffryn or something. Now much as I like monsters, we need the scoobies first especially as it is widely rumoured that the line is almost at an end.

Is the Buffy line almost over? I never heard that. Is it a license issue, or a dropping interest issue? Or is it just bunk? :rolleyes:

It was a hiccup. It seems a line is more dependant on the sales of the last produced item these days. A couple of the figures didn't do too well, apparently. Even though we, here, are enthusiasts, outside our bubble things aren't so rosey. This is the reason, it seems, PotA has stopped.

All things considered, oh gawd (what I find relevant considered), once the core scoobies are produced, the line is destined to hit the wall. If too many are produced over a term, the line is destined to hit the wall. In the end the line is destined to hit the wall. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Give and take. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Same.....

Sideshow know more about what they are doing than any other company in competition. They are the leaders not followers. They take chances that other companies don't and learn all the more from it. They know more about what they are doing they we give them credit for. So many pressures. Keeping everyone happy. Damn they do a good job. If your not happy, you're just a misery guts that needs to look elsewhere for it.

Happiness is another Buffy figure, maybe not Giles, but maybe it is. Merry Christmas everyone. :banana

Hey Creech, I might be telling just a couple of teeny weeny white lies....you know, about looking like Crowe and sounding like Connery (actually I look like Pluto and sound like Goofy but hey) and it's not quite true that I'm rich and old, well I'm not rich anyway.....but in the interests of bribery to get a Giles figure. ..............Anyway, I won't tell Dusty if you don't:cool:

d'oh:banghead

creecher said:
Giles phhht. Bring out the Judge or D'Hoffryn or something. Hahahahaha

We all know you will ***** and moan once Giles is released. I don't want to hear all that. Let's go the tried and true. Uber Vamp. That's a goer. Giles, plain, ordinary, suit. I have enough suits and Ken has glasses. Make your own. mwhahahahahaha.

Don't listen Sideshow. Leave Giles for last. A dreary end to a dead line. What an exit. I'll be your best friend. Keep 'em on a line. Go on I dare you. They wont appreciate it. Once he's out, they will abandon you.

Dusty. How about it?

Can't think of anything else to stir the pot, for now.

Turok Han would be brilliant. Sideshow would make that amazing i bet

Shame on you Thames. Tisk tisk. I lied too. I'm not old. Hey hey hey. Dusty said "don't even try to bribe me", so I didn't try. I thought that would have been obvious. What else haven't you been telling us? You seem to have an unnatural interest in Giles. Whoa. So many more good demons to make. Then along came Giles. Slow walking Giles. Slow talkin Giles..............

We all know he has to be made, so how about telling us what accessories you would like Giles to come with. How about another Diorama Sideshow? A nice library shouldn't be out of the question. Not an accessory perhaps, but a welcome addition, or a set of two or three interlockable cemetery scenes. I think it is only reasonable, due to the popularity of the line. It would be a great thank you to the fans for their support.

Oh, and take it easy Thames. You're going to die from head injuries before you die from a heart attack. Fight the onset of the fanatically zealous suicide collector. We don't need you to set a precedent. We would rather you stay around and keep us company in our misery. Tomorrow isn't a good day to die.

creecher said:
We all know he has to be made, so how about telling us what accessories you would like Giles to come with. How about another Diorama Sideshow? A nice library shouldn't be out of the question. Not an accessory perhaps, but a welcome addition, or a set of two or three interlockable cemetery scenes. I think it is only reasonable, due to the popularity of the line. It would be a great thank you to the fans for their support.

Wow, I would love those dioramas and would definitely buy something like that!!

Oh hell, maybe I should stop being obsessive about Giles:confused: :

You seem to have an unnatural interest in Giles. Whoa. So many more good demons to make. Then along came Giles. Slow walking Giles. Slow talkin Giles..............

I feel like the Prime Minister's (Tony Head) gay lackey in "Little Britain" now.:horror

It's the Giles figure I'm obsessing about not Tony Head for God's sake, for completist reasons only. Honest!!!:angelsmil

As for accessories, er, er, Sombrero, specs and books????????

As for suicide, have you seen the weather up here Creech, it's ok for you in Oz. Suicide seems like a good option looking out of the window!!! (joking!!)

I'm going away to hibernate for a few years now, maybe Giles will be out when I come back...I mean released..D'oh:banghead

Well, the new one ain't Giles. I'm sure we'll see Giles eventually. It's not lie Buffy is dead like PotA or Python or Get Smart or something. There will be more Buffy figures....

...(now everyone go pre-order D'Hoffryn as soon as possible or Giles dies!)

thamesvalidude said:
If you are 100% sure about that Dave, then I will continue to buy every figure released. Could you or Dusty or Brant or someone reassure me that the 1/6 Buffy line will continue?

I'm sure Sideshow is completely aware with how popular a Giles figure would be. Just look at all the numerous threads on this site and all the comments regarding anything related to the Buffyline on their own site with people demanding a Giles figure. Every opportunity someone sees to mention that they want a Giles figure they use the comment section to say it in. Just go and read the comments under the D'Hoffryn announcement over there and most are declaring how disappointed they are that it isn't Giles.

So I highly doubt that they have no plans to do a Giles figure. They know how popular he is and how much we all want him. They probably want to make sure he's perfect too just because of how much in demand he will be. I'm betting he'll be one of the next two figures announced.

And all you Sideshow VIPs reading these post, just wanted to say that I think the D'Hoffryn figure looks great and will be buying him but would have been more excited to see that if it had been the next announcement and if this one had been Giles. Us fans are so caught up in wanting a Giles that everything else pales in comparison.

I doubt I'll buy any upcoming Buffy figure if it isn't Giles. Though I don't have all the Scoobies that have been released yet, I do plan on getting Xander and Oz eventually (I wish Willow & Faith looked better, I can't see myself buying either of them because of the sculpts)..... My favorite part of Buffy was the early seasons with the original core cast.

Giles is in my top three on my favorite Buffy character list, and I won't be satisfied with the Buffy line until I get a 12 inch of him, especially since they've released so many other more obscure characters (D'Hoffryn, Kindestod) and so many repeat Buffys and Spikes....

All these years of Buffy and no Giles. Imagine following a figure line like Star Wars for 5 years and never getting Obi Wan?

Back