Ghostbusters Afterlife (November 11th -2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. But then, I never really felt any stakes in any Ghostbuster movie.

Further, I love when kids get eaten in moves from Jaws to It. But this isn't that movie. Adults won't get eaten either.

I agree. But then, I never really felt any stakes in any Ghostbuster movie.

Further, I love when kids get eaten in moves from Jaws to It. But this isn't that movie. Adults won't get eaten either.
Why is that? I guess stakes? So we know the monster's a real monster?

Yes, that -- it makes the monster cross that Hollywood barrier so now no one is safe -- but also for crossing that Hollywood barrier ("can't kill kids" rule).

Killing dogs is even worse. When Jaws ate Pippet and then Alex Kitner, you knew he was a bad ass.

Yes, that -- it makes the monster cross that Hollywood barrier so now no one is safe -- but also for crossing that Hollywood barrier ("can't kill kids" rule).

Killing dogs is even worse. When Jaws ate Pippet and then Alex Kitner, you knew he was a bad ass.
Yeah, I can watch fictional kids die all day, but I'm like John Wick if a dog gets it.

Yup, but it was a different era. This never happens anymore, and when it ceased to happen, movies lost their legitimacy.

augustus_gloop_chocolate_river.jpg

willy_wonka_chocolate_river_scene.0.jpg

augustus_tube_pipe_chocolate_river.jpg

willy_wonka_cast.jpg

To paraphrase everyone else, this just looks like a formulaic stranger things wannabe, uninteresting cash grab
Finn Wolfhard has the same hair in every role he plays too. I know it probably sounds very petty but it looks like he's playing the same character from Stranger Things and IT - which I imagine is how the script described his character.

Finn Wolfhard has the same hair in every role he plays too. I know it probably sounds very petty but it looks like he's playing the same character from Stranger Things and IT - which I imagine is how the script described his character.
Yeah why change something that has been proven to be a success- that's their mentality

In retrospect, Hook killing Rufio was probably one of the more shocking things I can recall seeing in a big Hollywood family movie. I doubt that would be greenlit today.

But that's the main reason I find any movies with kids to be such a snoozefest...you know they're safe as hell. Did anyone for even a minute think any of those dumb wiener kids in all the Jurassic Park movies would ever get eaten?

As a kid yes. I remember my parents thinking jp was going to scary for me. But it was about dinosaurs so I couldn’t be scared. They use to shield my eyes whenever the trex came on screen.
I use to think trex was killing those kids.

I guess it’s to show that the monster or whatever is not messing around and will go after anyone. Some bad characters spare children. Even micheal Myers did in the first film. Predator didn’t kill that pregnant lady.
It’s disturbing when a child dies tho but I get very depressed and pretty angry when the dog dies. Idk why that is. I just really hate when a movie kills the dog

Yes, movie executives know that people care more about dogs than other people. So when they really want to manipulate an audience, they're mean to dogs.

I've been in movie theaters where an audience will sit and laugh and cheer as hundreds or even thousands of people are viciously slaughtered on film, but if a dog so much as whimpers, the whole crowd goes "AWWWWW."

Beetlejuice had lots of powers, but he's not in the GB universe, except in the Universal Studios live show. Maybe they should do a film crossover before Keaton gets too old.

Back