Ghostbusters Afterlife (November 11th -2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wokester critics on RT are complaining about this so it's probably pretty good. It's overall score is at 81%

What they complaining about?

Basically that it is too faithful to the original film and that it undermines/retcons the 2016 movie. Below is just one excerpt from The Guardian's review who gave it 1 star out of 5.

It’s pandering all the way down, the shocking part being the variety of Reitman’s ploys. It’s not all groaners like a cop offering a jailed-for-the-night Trevor the phone and asking, “Who you gonna call?” There’s the set piece with cutesy, nattering mini-Stay-Pufts scratching the itch for cloying mischief-makers planted by the Minions. Consider the casual cowardice of a script that uses its own mythology to subtly erase 2016’s all-gals reboot from the canon, giving the rage-choked trolls carpet-bombing IMDb with zero-star ratings the vindication they’ve always craved.

Basically that it is too faithful to the original film and that it undermines/retcons the 2016 movie. Below is just one excerpt from The Guardian's review who gave it 1 star out of 5.

It’s pandering all the way down, the shocking part being the variety of Reitman’s ploys. It’s not all groaners like a cop offering a jailed-for-the-night Trevor the phone and asking, “Who you gonna call?” There’s the set piece with cutesy, nattering mini-Stay-Pufts scratching the itch for cloying mischief-makers planted by the Minions. Consider the casual cowardice of a script that uses its own mythology to subtly erase 2016’s all-gals reboot from the canon, giving the rage-choked trolls carpet-bombing IMDb with zero-star ratings the vindication they’ve always craved.
2016 was erased on release. Didn't need this to do it. :lol

The "final" trailer just dropped and at this point I believe we've seen 95% of the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nothing like kids fighting world ending creatures just screams badass....

Big pass for me, as even as a kid I didn't believe kids fighting overpowered creatures or odds.

The only "kid" movie I ever liked was "Goonies" and that's cause they were only a few years older than me. I was jealous of the kid that got to make out with the cute redhead, and also I wished I had Data's cool inventions.

I don't think I ever liked or related to any other movies about kids.

I am avoiding all trailers and going to this blind. I did the same thing with Dune. It makes the movie viewing experience more exciting--IF the movie is decent.

The "final" trailer just dropped and at this point I believe we've seen 95% of the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Probs best just skipping to the end of this film.

I'll still give it a chance.

Jason Reitman directed "The Front Runner" starring Hugh Jackman a few years ago.

Thoroughly forgettable movie. Only saving grace was that Bill Burr was in it for a few minutes.

So I guess this is Jackman doing Reitman a favor by taping a really unconvincing and over the top gushing review of his movie and claiming he's a "huuuuge Ghostbusters fan."

Social media is ******* stupid.

If you have any inkling whatsoever to see this movie, go ahead, but I warn you to avoid all my past posts cause I predicted this movie right down to the time stamps.

It doesn't get more cookie cutter than this.

If you have any inkling whatsoever to see this movie, go ahead, but I warn you to avoid all my past posts cause I predicted this movie right down to the time stamps.

It doesn't get more cookie cutter than this.
I was planning to see it this morning. Still undecided. Worth a watch?

No clue. I downloaded the cruddy camrip so I could see the 7 and a half minutes I wanted to see without having to sit through Stranger Things part 17.

I smirked a bit, smiled.....it would have been a nice little 15 minute short without shoehorning all that modern crap in.

Could been worse. I know they talked about Jonah Jill and Michael Cera as "Ghostbusters: The Next Generation" for years.

If I can get the figures I want from those last few minutes without any hassle or breaking the bank, I'd add them to collection.

As for the actual MOVIE....surely we've all seen it about 6 times based on the various clips and pieces Sony has literred youtube with.

Back