Ghostbusters Afterlife (November 11th -2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched the trailer for the first time after watching the movie!! WOW it was brilliant, fantastic!! However if you never watched the trailers and watched the movie it’s so boring and basically takes every beat from the original. When they turned to dogs i said “That’s ******* it!!! Is there no new ideas in this world anymore???? Full props to Blade Runner 2049, Planet of the Apes and Mad Max. Thank you for talking old IP’s and making them fresh!!!

I thought this was decent but then I've never been a huge Ghostbusters fan so I was more primed to be neutral on it than to either love it or hate it.

Last edited:
I watched it again, and feel the same as before.

It's not a bad movie as such, but it has a very odd tone for the Ghostbusters film. There's some good scenes and funny lines, but there's that depressing prologue, and the weird ending when the 'busters look at ghost Egon. In the middle there's also the strangely inappropriate lines such as the mother asking Podcast if he's the Keymaster, and Grooberson making the quip about Phoebe growing up to be a pole dancer. It's like there was something darker going on behind the scenes with the writing, or at the time of writing it was imagined the children would be older (because the actors were probably older than their character ages).

I find it a strange film in general.

I just watched the trailer for the first time after watching the movie!! WOW it was brilliant, fantastic!! However if you never watched the trailers and watched the movie it’s so boring and basically takes every beat from the original. When they turned to dogs i said “That’s ******* it!!! Is there no new ideas in this world anymore???? Full props to Blade Runner 2049, Planet of the Apes and Mad Max. Thank you for talking old IP’s and making them fresh!!!

the had to course correct after the horrible extremely awful super no bueno ghostbusters 2016.

a lot of this movie feels like a literal apology. a lot of stuff feels like the studio apologizing.
entire scenes of this felt made to make you forget 2016 existed

and this movie pulls off the same crap that matrix 4 did with the nostalgia bait

So I'm in the middle of watching this now. Like @a-dev I'm not a huge fan so it's okay so far in about the first 45 minutes, but it's tonally odd and ... why is Egon's daughter ... willfully stupid? She's literally anti-intellectual. Guess his brains skipped a generation LOL ... anyway back to it while I wait for DHL to arrive. Gotta love days off.

I watched 2016 again and I feel I enjoyed the idea of the 2016 version better than Afterlife. I’m sorry folks I think I need my GB movies with four middle aged adults and some sort of comedy.

-A 12 year old girl

-the guy who in the movie only because he was on Stranger Things

-the boy from Disney’s “UP” who pick up and put on anything that was in the original

-and a girl because they needed to fill the fourth spot

These are the four GB everyone raving to be the true sequel to the original GB??? I am not saying that 2016 is better, I think I would rather watch the awful dialogue sequences of 2016 compared to the remember this? Remember this? Remember this? Remember this? Remember this exact scene? Remember this exact scene? Remember this exact scene? That’s AF offers. Not to mention how boring it is and three old guys that really had not place being there.

This is all coming from a guy who made a GB costume for my High School Halloween party and WON!!! I love GB.

Well...I want to finish the film but the first big action sequence was tepid ... because I don't care about these kids who seem kinda flat ... and something about the sound design and dialogue. Felt weightless.

I get *why* mom is anti-science given how heavy-handed the telegraphing in this script is but it's a little cartoonish. Paul Rudd is just Paul Rudd-ing through the whole thing.

So far it's not bad but neither is it good, they were doing a better job being suspenseful. Was that Slimer? I don't remember him looking like a tardigrade but sure ... anyway it's on pause for now since Classic Spidey arrived.

Finished it just now; wasn't particularly riveting or I would have last night.

I already mentioned it's oddly weightless; while it's not a terrible movie or anything ... I came away thinking "Why did we need that film?" ... it just seems wholly unnecessary and decades too late.

And the meta problems with the script are similar to the ST -- we have these aged characters and to keep this thing going, let's make things bleak .... okay WInston gets to be rich, but Ray for some inexplicable reason decided -- after all he's seen and been through -- not to believe Egon, who had to turn his back on his family and friends and die facing evil alone?

Who asked for this?

I watched it again, and really
liked it again. Its a fun film.

Not aure why it has to be anything beyond that.
Same, my girlfirend and I both enjoyed it a lot. I won't be buying it, but I'm glad I saw it.

Back