George Perez has pancreatic cancer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just so sad, imagine making that decision to just let nature take its course, I don't think most of us appreciate our time as much as he will now

My all time favorite artist. This was difficult to hear today. I had the pleasure of meeting George 3 times at conventions in Chicago. He's truly a wonderful man. Very kind and thoughtful. The person that said never meet your heroes, they'll only disappoint you..... has never met George Perez. I feel fortunate to have met him and will cherish the 5 head sketches I had done by him. Here's hoping his final days will be filled with love, family, and dear friends.

I actually teared up when I read his post at like 3 in the morning last night. What a decision to make, to choose to spend the last time you have saying goodbye and doing things you love instead of having chemicals pumped into that make you feel even more like ****.

He's probably one of the first artists whose name and style I recognized when I first started reading comics in the mid 80s. I hope he realizes how many lives of people around the world his work has touched.

Sad news :(

We're all going to die one day, it's just a matter of when and how. He got both of those answers a year in advance. I'm sure it's difficult to know when your time is up, but at least he can make certain arrangements, spend time with his loved ones and say all that he wants to say to all of them.

As for the rest of us, we just continue to live in denial, pretending it's not going to happen in a very long time (hopefully). 😕 I'm not sure what's worse, knowing or not knowing? By not knowing, we have a false sense of longevity that may or may not be true. Knowing when sucks too tho. It's like being on death row. 😔

I always liked his art and he was so good at drawing so many characters in a panel or cover but still not making it look crowded. He also always seemed so gracious when interviewed or from meeting his fans. I have never met him but I always admired his talent and I hope he and his family get to spend some more quality time together. He is another legend that the world will miss but he has left such a legacy behind for us all to enjoy.

His run on New Teen Titans is one of my favorite, all-time comic book runs. And I think Crisis on Infinite Earths is a comic masterpiece. Was always disappointed that he didn't do the full Infinity Gauntlet series.

Wow. The strength and grace he's displaying is incredible. Phenomenal artist.

Back