Gentle Giant Stormtrooper Legends in 3-Dimensions Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkno

Stormtrooper
Reaction score
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/star-wars-a-new-hope-stormtrooper-legends-in-3-dimensions-bust/

RGB_2833__01947.1649732620.jpg

RGB_2836__96723.1649732620.jpg

RGB_2834__54269.1649732621.jpg

The Gentle Giant Stormtrooper Legends in 3-Dimensions bust arrived a couple days ago. It is a very nice bust, in many ways similar to the TIE Pilot from the same line. Not sure if it is quite 1/2 but still has a nice size and weight. I compared it to two 1/3 helmets, a very accurate Set-For-Stun scale helmet made by RS Prop Masters in an run years ago and a Hero helmet made by Pure Arts SDS.

The helmet is decently accurate, could be better, could be worse. It is like a hybrid of two Stormtrooper helmets, idealized to a point - the interesting thig is that if you look down on the bust from its top, you can see the asymmetry of the top of the helmet, but it doesn't translate to other parts of the faceplate alas. Like I said the helmet could have been more accurate. Still better that some other helmets present on busts, figures or statues from various companies.

One of the cons is the base, I get that it is inspired by the DLT-19 heavy rifle carried by Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers, but it is not as stable as the TIE Pilot bust one, because the flat surface touching the ground has a small surface, so be careful when displaying it and not touch it or it might topple in front. Nice concept, poor execution. I'd say 8/10

GG-Legends-in-3-D-Stormtrooper-bust-12.jpg

GG-Legends-in-3-D-Stormtrooper-bust-16.jpg

GG-Legends-in-3-D-Stormtrooper-bust-17.jpg

GG-Legends-in-3-D-Stormtrooper-bust-11.jpg

GG-Legends-in-3-D-Stormtrooper-bust-10.jpg

Back