1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you color that (TBL I assume?) Mystique body? Boobs are kinda huge, but no judgement! Looks great. Does the color wear off at all?
I tried many different techniques and couldn’t get the vibrant color I wanted through dyeing or staining. I tried leather dyes and different stains but none of it worked to give that deep shade she is. I ended up painting the body with a metallic blue acrylic. It gave the best coverage and the proper color. I haven’t tried articulating the body at all so I’m hoping the paint stays in place. I want to add the scales she has to cover the important bits and make it more accurate. So far the color has not worn off but a also haven’t handled the figure much.

Got Magneto and Professor X. Can't decide who i want next. Gambit looks amazing but i usually only get movie figures
IMG-20220323-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220323-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20220323-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20220323-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20220323-WA0009.jpg

Pabs customs confirmed that they are doing a Danny Trejo sculpt on their Facebook page. He's my dream casting for a Scalphunter custom so I jumped straight in there. The problem now is that I have to look at kitbashing the remaining Marauders...

Still debating which color to go with for my Shadowcat. Dark pink like in X3 or a light blue like in Evolution/half her comic costumes?

Attachments

• DSC_0357.JPG
    DSC_0357.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 60
That looks great! Where did you get the costume and heads?
Thanks! Costume is from the third party Figure Masters "Windstorm" and the heads are from "The Last Survivor: Elli" and MTTOYS Last of Us Ellie.

Maybe consider how both colors will fit in with the rest of your collection? Overall either color should be eye-catching
I definitely have; I think I may end up going with the screen accurate pink since all my others are screen accurate/unchanged, with the exception of my customs who never wore a uniform of course.

Thanks! Costume is from the third party Figure Masters "Windstorm" and the heads are from "The Last Survivor: Elli" and MTTOYS Last of Us Ellie.

I definitely have; I think I may end up going with the screen accurate pink since all my others are screen accurate/unchanged, with the exception of my customs who never wore a uniform of course.
Wow the heads look good. The rooted hair one is quite a good likeness too. I may have tofollowthat plan. I am going to go dark blue like Cyclops for mine. Saving Pink for my English Elizabeth Braddock.

I have used my spare Windstorm uniform for Rogue. It would be cool if we could band together to find another source.

Wow the heads look good. The rooted hair one is quite a good likeness too. I may have tofollowthat plan. I am going to go dark blue like Cyclops for mine. Saving Pink for my English Elizabeth Braddock.

I have used my spare Windstorm uniform for Rogue. It would be cool if we could band together to find another source.
Of course. I'm glad I decided to buy a few Windstorms last year; had a feeling they'd disappear soon and sure enough they're impossible to find now.

Of course. I'm glad I decided to buy a few Windstorms last year; had a feeling they'd disappear soon and sure enough they're impossible to find now.
I fancy doing movie versions of the 90s X-Men plus the my own take on the classic villains. I was thinking Colm Meaney (fingers crossed for Exo-6) for Banshee, Taylor Swift for Dazzler. No idea if Lucas Till for Havok might show up. I'm still pondering the best actress for Psylocke and the best colour hair...

Anyone pick up that Superduck Weapon X set? I need opinions on it.
Yes, bought two to do a custom - one set only came with the open hands, ebay seller told me to take a hike.
It's a decent set. I think the claws may be metal, they're heavy. Paint on the headsculpts are on par with the proto pics. Color match to the tbleague body is very close, and matching to the seamless body colors is difficult. Hands/head peg fit for body is perfect, proportion-wise as well.
Complaints are that you're more likely than not going to need to pry the helmet off his head and reglue it - its difficult to get his eyes aligned with the visor because there's no recess for the bridge of his nose. One of mine was 75% on target, the other about 25%. They both came off easily with some gentle wiggling, twisting, pulling.
Second, the pleather on the harness is very light and thin. I don't know how its going to hold up. I don't really have any experience with the material on any of my other figures.
For a combined price point around $200, i think its well worth it. There are plenty of places in the books where he doesn't have the harness and you don't need it to keep the battery packs on him.
Thats another part i can't speak to - i tore the battery packs apart and never checked the stability of the fit around his waist. Everything was on par with the promo pics though, so i would assume its fine.

Back