1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the obsession with producing variant Wolverines to exclusion of the others is very frustrating. That said, I would be interested in a less angry head for my X3 version, so I am keeping an eye on this one...

I need a bit of advice - no rush. If I am going to go for movie versions of the classic X-men, which actress would make a good Betsy Braddock?

I was think Colm Meaney as Banshee, Taylor Swift as Dazzler, and I am happy to run with the other actors who appeared for the most part. I am edging towards the villains from the recent Superman Movie for Blockbuster and Arclight. Maybe Margot Robbie as Vertigo?

My original pick for Betsy was Sophia Myles but who might be another viable option? Lucy Boynton was good in the Ipcress File. Anyone else? And if sculpted hair is preferred, is the comic accurate hairstyle even viable for a movie sculpt? It looks weird to me.

Looking forward to this chap arriving.

1666199028745.png

...now I want one too!!! :LOL:
I'm sure PABs Customs will happily make more if you ask lol. I just stuck him in a Wolverine jacket and repainted the piping, and then some standard black trousers as a nod to him needing to stay agile I put the trousers on backwards so I could feed his tail out the back.

Next up is the Beast! I can use the Wolverine trousers on him but the dilemma will be making a jacket and whether he needs a chest wig!! :-o

I'm sure PABs Customs will happily make more if you ask lol. I just stuck him in a Wolverine jacket and repainted the piping, and then some standard black trousers as a nod to him needing to stay agile I put the trousers on backwards so I could feed his tail out the back.

Next up is the Beast! I can use the Wolverine trousers on him but the dilemma will be making a jacket and whether he needs a chest wig!! :-o
Thanks to you posting that in here I also ordered one from Pabs a couple weeks back. I assume they're making a Kelsey Grammer Beast for you now? I'll be down for that as well.

Thanks to you posting that in here I also ordered one from Pabs a couple weeks back. I assume they're making a Kelsey Grammer Beast for you now? I'll be down for that as well.
Cool! I'm glad someone else is going for one. I think he looks great! I was checking out Taylor Swift heads for Dazzler last night. I suppose the orange haired version is most comic accurate but I'm not sure.

I need to make enquiries about a Kitty sculpt. It may be easier to buy the existing digital sculpt and find someone who can print and paint but I don't want to get too many balls in the air. My Jean Grey is still out for painting.

Cool! I'm glad someone else is going for one. I think he looks great! I was checking out Taylor Swift heads for Dazzler last night. I suppose the orange haired version is most comic accurate but I'm not sure.

I need to make enquiries about a Kitty sculpt. It may be easier to buy the existing digital sculpt and find someone who can print and paint but I don't want to get too many balls in the air. My Jean Grey is still out for painting.

I separated my X-Men display, heroes moved to detolf and villains altogether with other MCU villains where the X-Men were displayed.

Since detolf space is smaller, I have the heroes separated by era: 60s, 70s, and 80s/90s. The 80s/90s shelf feels like it's missing someone, so I've decided to pull the trigger and make my own rendition of Bishop.

I separated my X-Men display, heroes moved to detolf and villains altogether with other MCU villains where the X-Men were displayed.

Since detolf space is smaller, I have the heroes separated by era: 60s, 70s, and 80s/90s. The 80s/90s shelf feels like it's missing someone, so I've decided to pull the trigger and make my own rendition of Bishop.
Your collection is astonishing. It was Figuremasters Magneto that drew me in. I have so little space I decided right at the start that I only have room for Xmen movie characters and Star Trek TMP plus customs of our Dungeons and Dragons characters for our 30th anniversary.

I was hoping to move house to somewhere with room for a cabinet but Covid and now recession keep throwing things into a spin.

Back