G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, that's funny because I liked Shipwreck as a kid but as an adult, he looks out-of-place to me in a modern era G.I. Joe. Same with Blowtorch. These are the type of figures I got to get selective about and cut out.

There's a part of me that thinks that the Classified line should have IMHO just taken some of the cooler concepts from the 50th Anniversary 4 inch line and simply scaled up and made improvements.

Taking the 50th Shipwreck and scaling him up would be a winner in my book. I mean they could have given him his classic white hat too, as a nostalgia piece. Or put that classic blue shirt underneath a vest like the 50th, and given switchable head piece to shift from the black watch cap to the white classic cap. I.E. two different ways to display Shipwreck, one more classic, and one more modern and tactical.

Just some thoughts

There's a part of me that thinks that the Classified line should have IMHO just taken some of the cooler concepts from the 50th Anniversary 4 inch line and simply scaled up and made improvements.

Taking the 50th Shipwreck and scaling him up would be a winner in my book. I mean they could have given him his classic white hat too, as a nostalgia piece. Or put that classic blue shirt underneath a vest like the 50th, and given switchable head piece to shift from the black watch cap to the white classic cap. I.E. two different ways to display Shipwreck, one more classic, and one more modern and tactical.

Just some thoughts

That version is probably coming down the line. They seem to be cognizant about crafting classic and more modernized versions where warranted.

Just realised the new wave of pre orders is up. 90% already sold out on Hasbro Pulse UK. Why are Hasbro harming themselves like this? Tempted to just give up on the line now.

Just realised the new wave of pre orders is up. 90% already sold out on Hasbro Pulse UK. Why are Hasbro harming themselves like this? Tempted to just give up on the line now.
that’s a shame..plenty of preorders still available on Pulse U.S. except for Torpedo and Scrap Iron

that’s a shame..plenty of preorders still available on Pulse U.S. except for Torpedo and Scrap Iron
It's incredibly frustrating. We went from stupid limited availability at the start to actually having plenty of options and availability and now it's worse than it ever was. Hasbro might think that keeping them limited creates a 'buzz' but for me, it's a total turn off. I enjoy the chase for rare and exclusives (most of which I managed to get) but main line figures should be easy to get. Making ALL GI Joes exclusive to Hasbro Pulse in UK is going to kill the line for us here.

It's incredibly frustrating. We went from stupid limited availability at the start to actually having plenty of options and availability and now it's worse than it ever was. Hasbro might think that keeping them limited creates a 'buzz' but for me, it's a total turn off. I enjoy the chase for rare and exclusives (most of which I managed to get) but main line figures should be easy to get. Making ALL GI Joes exclusive to Hasbro Pulse in UK is going to kill the line for us here.
I’d say go with BBTS but the shipping costs might be ridiculous overseas for you

I’d say go with BBTS but the shipping costs might be ridiculous overseas for you
Good call. I use BBTS for Mythic Legions sometime, and yeah the P&P can be a killer. I'll wait and see if they replenish UK stock and go BBTS last resort.

I see that Torpedo sold out on HP.
I’m thinking there’s gonna be some customizers out there about to beef up an EELS army.
Patience man. You know those EELS are coming.

I'm going to be selective as well going forward. I used to be pretty much a 50/50 in box/out of box Classified collector. From now on, it's going to be closer to 5/95 because of:

* Plastic-free products
* Box art constantly changing and not lining up with each other
* Repaints
* Characters I don't know or even like
* Price hikes
* Space to store the in box products
* Inflation in general

I'd still like to get doubles of my all time favorites like General Hawk to keep in box. Difference will be now that I have to open the box to check that it's got the right things inside. I only collect Classified figures at this point and it's not even that easy anymore.

Last edited:
Love everything that was unveiled! Firefly, Lowlight, and Tunnel Rat look perfect! I have Torpedo, Copperhead, Scrap-Iron, Snowjob, and a Valkyrie set on pre-order.
Huge failure on Hasbro's part not giving Snowjob an XMLR laser blaster rifle, the only RAH figure that actually came with the cartoon rifle, and they didn't give the Classified version one!
But these prices are just terrible; Why is Snowjob a Pulse exclusive? Probably because they want $35 for one. A figure that comes with a couple more accessories shouldn't be $10 more. They will also reuse that base body too, winter wear variants of regular Joes are a no-brainer. And the $27.50 a piece price on the army building two pack Valkyries is just insulting.
I really hope the Steel Corps two pack won't be a pulse exclusive to get those prices down to a more reasonable cost like the Amazon Ninja 2 pack.

Scrap-Iron, Copperhead, and Torpedo are back available to pre-order at Pulse for those that would prefer buying them there.

PSA for Classified collectors here.

I stop by a local Target about twice a week for non collector type shopping. I love the themes of this line, but I've decided against collecting into a new scale, just too much cost and not enough space. Anyway, if anyone wants me to keep an eye out for them, I'm happy to pick up whatever you like at retail, and only charge you exact cost and exact shipping. I can put the receipt in the box, etc, etc. If it can fit into a Priority Mail box, one of the flat rates, I'll ship it anywhere in the US. I'm US based, and can help other US based collectors. Sorry to guys overseas, I think this kind of situation is too complex to help you here.

This might be helpful for folks who can't find a short pack, but don't want to pay Ebay secondary market prices. Probably won't be useful for the "common peg warmer" types, but maybe more useful for stuff a bit harder to find. All I ask is anything secured would be for your own personal collection and enjoyment, not to be churned back onto the secondary market. Given newer figure are likely to be this "blind box" thing, I'd be happy to depackage things, to verify the figure and gear are there, and just ship that to make it cheaper to ship. Will still include the receipt. Or I can send the "blind box' and make sure the security tape is still secure and not manipulated.

If that can help anyone here, send me a PM, and send me a list. Or occasionally send me a PM with an updated list.

I'm a big believer in collectors helping collectors for the pure love of this hobby.

Back