G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zarana should have a Lifeline or Mainframe disguise kit with her figure set.

In the cartoons, she had like a GI Joe love interest right? Lifeline or Mainframe?

OK a few guys on the cartoon had a love interest. Shipwreck had some love interest and there were like melting clay people while he was in some kind of Severance mind experiment. Waffle parties? I remember that. Then one of them had a rich chick heiress as a girlfriend. Then one of them was nailing Zarana.

How come no one was smashing Cover Girl in the series? Things that you realize only when you get old.
--

Let's see . . .

Duke + Scarlett | DUH!

Flint + Lady Jaye | DUH!

Shipwreck + Mara | Mara is a female COBRA who underwent experiments that caused her be a land/sea hybrid from the episode Memories of Mara. Mara also "reappeared" in the episodes There's No Place Like Springfield Part I & II, but she was a synthoid and not the real Mara.

Cover Girl + Duke | Cover Girl and Duke shared a kiss in a Christmas themed episode when COBRA hijacked a GI JOE vehicles for a Christmas attack while the GI JOE garrison had limited staff during the Christmas holidays.

Cover Girl + Shipwreck | Shipwreck kept making moves on Cover Girl that she rebuffed in the episode where COBRA creates a mutated virus blob.

Lady Jaye + "James Bond"-ish Secret Agent | Episodes where Lady Jaye became enamored with a British spy much to Flint's chagrin.

Lifeline + Rich Mogul's Spoiled Daughter | Lifeline saved the daughter of a rich mogul and she became enamored with Lifeline much to his annoyance causing problems.

Mainframe + Zarana | Mainframe fells for an Army officer visiting GI JOE, but it was Zarana in disguise. Mainframe managed to save Zarana from a mishap without knowing her identity/disguise and Zarana started to fall for Mainframe.. The romance connection in a couple of episodes with the other being one when Mainframe and other JOEs experienced age changes into children and older men and Zarana helped Mainframe undo the age changes.

Steeler + The Baroness | This occurred in the two part episode where a number of JOEs ended up in an alternate dimension/timeline where COBRA defeated/killed virtually all the JOEs. The Steeler in that timeline had a romance with The Baroness who acted as a double agent against Cobra Commander & Destro, but that timeline's Steeler died along with Clutch and Grunt. The Steeler, Clutch, and Grunt from home timeline decided to stay and rebuild GI JOE while the other JOEs (Flint, Lady Jaye, and a few others) returned to the home timeline.

Quick Kick + Female JOE Wannabe | A female enthusiastic to join the JOEs gets the attention of Quick Kick and end up causing trouble including being framed as a COBRA spy. I believe this episode also featured Lady Jaye who was captured by COBRA and The Baroness impersonated Lady Jaye causing sabotage and blaming Quick Kick's girlfriend.

Destro + The Baroness | DUH!

Female Cobra Officer/Trooper + ? JOE ? | An episode featuring a JOE (can't remember which one) teaming up with a female COBRA Officer/Trooper where at the episode's end the female COBRA Officer/Trooper chose to rejoin COBRA.

Lt. Falcon + Jinx | Their difficult romance was featured in GI JOE: THE MOVIE feature animated film.

NOTE: All of the preceding is from memory and I didn't bother to look up anything online.

Last edited:
My thoughts on a potential GIJOE Classified HasLab.

With “Yo Joe June” coming up next month and a promise from the Hasbro team that it will be “huge”, there’s lots of speculation that it will include a HasLab announcement. My gut feeling is there won’t be a HasLab campaign this soon after their first one with the Skystriker. Has there been 2 separate projects from the same brand in production at the same time? I don’t think so, but I could be wrong and hope I am. The Skystriker project did not get funded until its final day. It met all of its additional tiers except the final one. I believe that because the Star Wars Black Series Rancor project failed the day before, was the primary reason the Skystriker will fly once again. I also think because it did get funded, I really believe that Hasbro will have a 2nd vehicle project announced for their revamped O-ring line, possibly the Cobra Rattler. But I hope that will be further down the road.

Like this line or not, Classified is red hot and I have no doubt that there are enough collectors out there willing to drop the big bucks on some primo vehicles. Which vehicle they would select for the initial project is a much wider range than people are speculating. Skystriker came in at $230 and I believe other projects went as high as $575 with Transformers Unicron(?). That’s almost a $350 range of price points…plenty of possible selections in GIJOE’s awesome array of vehicles. The most common project I’ve heard would be a GIJOE VAMP or a Cobra HISS tank. Those would be solid choices and I can see either one being made for around $250. But what tiers would it come with? Those vehicles would be great but there’s not many logical characters that would make sense as tiers, unless they’re less popular and older Joes like Short Fuze or Grunt. HISS would be a little easier, but the HISS driver is himself a troop builder, so that’s why I don’t think they would make a HISS right away.

From day one, I’ve wanted them to do a Classified WHALE. And I’ve heard the argument that it would be “too huge” but it’s possible around that Unicron price point. It would obviously come with Cutter but I think there could be some really cool additional character tiers that would make it enticing. Something like Torpedo and Wet-Suit which I would guess aren’t “top” characters along with the popular Shipwreck in an alternate uniform. I think it could be done and I would totally get one.

But the more I think about it, the more I love the idea of a Classified Thunder Machine. It comes with Thrasher and the tiers could include Monkeywrench, Road Pig and Gnawgahyde and maybe even Zandar. The vehicle itself isn’t as iconic as some of the others, but it could really look phenomenal. And I also think they should release Buzzer, Ripper and Torch as a 3-pack, much like the Viper 3-pack. With the GIJOE character list for Classified being so deep, I don’t really see them doing many single release Dreadnoks, so the Thunder Machine makes all the sense to me.

Whether it’s this year or next year or whenever, WHEN they do a Classified HasLab, I’m 95% confident that it will fully fund with all tiers met in record time. It all depends on what they decide to make. And if it’s good enough, I might just pick up two since it would be the first time I fund a HasLab.

I think Hasbro is going to be cautious with HasLab projects going forward. Especially with the rising production prices. I think the Rancor failure was a mix of a few things but mostly fatigue. If Hasbro can space the HasLabs out and let the collectors focus on one project at a time, they may give G.I. Joe some focus soon.

Just a heads up, Dr. Mindbender should be available for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse soon, possibly today, June 1st.
It popped up on Best Buy, everybody thought it was a Hasbro Pulse exclusive but it might just be a regular release, it's been removed now. Price was $41.99.
Here's the Best Buy link fyo:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hasbro...dbender-action-figure/6504084.p?skuId=6504084I'm going to just assume it's still a Hasbro Pulse exclusive and order when it's available from Pulse.

Not this week, but next week we’ll have a live stream and preorders so he might go up then.

Pipeline reveals from today’s live stream are Shipwreck and Rock n Roll.

God do I hate livestreams on Instagram. They assembled a vintage Thunder Machine and announced Shipwreck and Rock 'N Roll which Emily said "True to the original figures with that classified modern edge". I take that to mean Shipwreck will be in his dungarees, I hope.
They also said pre-order items from Pulse Con have shipped out of China. I assume that's Croc Master, Storm Shadow, Spirit, and Cobra Officer.
Looking forward to next couple of Wednesday Livestreams this June!

We’re getting Cover Girl and I think she looks pretty amazing. Stoked for Torpedo too. Also, that was clearly the sound of a tank for the Classified HasLab tease at the end. HISS? MOBAT? Mauler?

I Like everything they showed except the Crimson BAT, not sure I like the BATs in the Crimson Guard myself and the digital render doesn't look all that good. I might change my mind after seeing a physical figure.
I owned both the red Barbecue and Marauder version which is the one I prefer. So that's a must have.
Also totally down for both reg. Outback and Cover Girl. I'm hoping Sgt Slaughter won't be excl. or ridiculously priced.
That leaves Falcon which was my Flint figure as a kid. I had a Flint, but hated that S-eating grin on his mug so I didn't play with him much despite being my favorite Joe from the cartoon. Then Falcon came out and that became my Flint. So I have to buy Falcon.
Copperhead was a favorite of mine so definitely going to get him.
I also loved Torpedo and he gives me hope more diver figures with repaints of his wetsuit will be coming later, like Wetsuit himself, and especially my favorite Cobra trooper, the EELs!
I'd also like a few named Joe figures in dive gear to put together a team.
The Haslab Classified thing doesn't bode well. I'm expecting a very over priced Hiss Tank. I might have to skip.

4kEdIh8.jpg

GMTfgqC.jpg

cUcdjbD.jpg

I5Wp7D5.jpg

:panic::panic:

Wow. Hasbro Pulse is showing the HasLab Classified HISS Tank at $299.99
Everyone is freaking out already, not knowing what it looks like, comes with and what the tiers will be.

Last edited:
Wow. Hasbro Pulse is showing the HasLab Classified HISS Tank at $299.99
Everyone is freaking out already, not knowing what it looks like, comes with and what the tiers will be.

Hopefully it will include EPIC tiers for that price like the Rancor did: dollar store bones, a cardboard backdrop, and a repainted figure.

The best comment I read about this so far is someone suggested they make the final tier a hooded Cobra Commander since that would make everyone lose their minds.

The best comment I read about this so far is someone suggested they make the final tier a hooded Cobra Commander since that would make everyone lose their minds.
I don’t know if it’s the one you’re talking about but I suggested the very same thing on a Shark News video . The more I think about it though, it would probably be the classic CC with chrome mask to match the 1983 HISS box art. I’d be happy with either, as long as they look like their originals.

I don’t know if it’s the one you’re talking about but I suggested the very same thing on a Shark News video . The more I think about it though, it would probably be the classic CC with chrome mask to match the 1983 HISS box art. I’d be happy with either, as long as they look like their originals.

They did release a Chrome Commander with the Haslab Jet which was random and made no sense, so anything is plausible with Hasblow. I don't expect to see this getting funded.

A hooded Cobra Commander might make more sense if they’re hesitant to release him at retail now. A classic chrome dome version would sell just fine at retail so making that version part of a $300 vehicle probably wouldn’t be the wisest move.

Rip out the electronics that you'll never use, give us those cheap rubber band treads, make multiple versions in Black, Blue, Red, Python Patrol, with a larger gun turret, missile launcher, machine gunboat, troop transport, etc. and they could sell enough variants that this could come down under $100.
But no, just give us a overdeveloped tiny light up tank that most will only buy one of for a bloated $300.
The stretch goals better be worth the excessive $100 they padded on here.

Four "secret" unlockables, with no word as to how many backers each tier needs. Special "Cobra Tactician" figure included if they reach 8,000 backers by July 6th. Anyone have any idea who that character is?

They did mention that if this reaches 8000 backers within a week that those initial backers will get a exclusive HISS Technician figure. Not sure if that counts as a stretch tier goal though.

Back