G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My knowledge of gi joe comes from the original marvel comics run. I had to Google Agent Helix, she's a pretty cool looking design.

Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 64mm High Performance EDF Jet - PNP [FJ10612P] Motion RC

s-l1600.jpg

Here's some interesting, the Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt. Now it's an RC plane, but it does look like with some work, you could fit a Classified/Valaverse figure in there. With more work, maybe a Rattler is possible.

But the first thought I had is just parts, like this back wing section, if you can get them cheap ( I'm guessing people crash theirs, then maybe sell the parts they can salvage , etc, etc) , now you can make a decent 1/12 diorama. Imagine that back wing section sticking out of the ground in a dio with some rubble and rocks and dirt and having Cobra guys surrounding it and fighting Joe guys trying to get some critical mission item inside, etc, etc.

Lots of potential here. Not cheap though.

For those who might have missed out (or just want more), both Serpentor and Dr. Mindbender will be up for preorder on Pulse today at 12:00 (Premium members) and 1:00 (general public).

Also ... this render was revealed today. He looks great.

For those who might have missed out (or just want more), both Serpentor and Dr. Mindbender will be up for preorder on Pulse today at 12:00 (Premium members) and 1:00 (general public).

Looks good and I'll get it of course, but something is off to my eye. Lack of pop or not enough white, not sure. Only thing that screams Snow Job to me is the red hair/beard.

I like the new Snow Job.

I wished he came with the "classic laser rifle" like the original one in the 80s.

The version from the 50th Anniversary, with the gas can, stove, shelter, etc, etc, would have been an interesting reboot into the Classified line, if they chose to go in the direction.

After starting to see more of these up close, the photos and video reviews of the Classified Series does not do them justice. They are fantastic. The support system around them is robust too ( Gridiron, NECA, Mezco, Valaverse, other 8 inch figures, 1/12th from the military side of the hobby, etc etc)

Spirit is incredible.

JFC, it's like I'm being drawn into a new line and an entirely new scale.

I recently bought a single Soldier Story weapon. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool weapon. But for the same price or close to it, I could have gotten an entire Classified figure set instead. It's just hard to deny the bang for the buck factor here. Also space consideration. Portability. Durability. Maybe passing them on one day will be easier too.

What's even crazier is trade/sale/churn potential to mitigate costs. If I had one of those somewhat not so easy to find HT 1/6th sets, I could dump it out in sale and fund literally an entire squad of 1/12th.

The other draw is I'm past the point of being a completist in the hobby, so I could just cherry pick the guys I think are the coolest ( Spirit, Stalker, BAT, etc, etc)

I saw Xamot and Tomax at the Target this morning, and was tempted. I'm really trying to stay away from another line (I only have a handful of these figures), but Hasbro finally seems to be going all in with classic designs, as they should have done from day 1, and they look pretty damn good. The Snowjob and Scrap Iron figures are also really, really nice.

My issue with these figures is the absurdly tight hip joints on some of them. Spirit needs to be lubed up because if I try to move the hips, I'm twisting the whole joint rather than just moving the thigh. Same with Old Man Tiger Shirt.

I saw Xamot and Tomax at the Target this morning, and was tempted. I'm really trying to stay away from another line (I only have a handful of these figures), but Hasbro finally seems to be going all in with classic designs, as they should have done from day 1, and they look pretty damn good. The Snowjob and Scrap Iron figures are also really, really nice.

I agree. I know the new designs were to try and catch new collectors or kids, but they looks horrible with that armor bs. It they would have done the classic look right out of the gates, I would have collected them. Not playing catch up now though.

Or break off the crotch. I had far more of those than broken thumbs.

I've actually never seen an O-ring figure glued together at the waist. I do recall taking some of mine apart and fixing them with rubber bands or my sister's hair elastics.

I definitely frankensteined figures, but that was more boredom from '88 onwards as I didn't like the new Joe figures. I disassembled almost all of my original Joes and made new figures out of them by swapping parts. As a result, almost none survived my childhood. I think the only ones that ended up surviving were my '85 Snake Eyes and hooded Cobra Commander since I was able to find all of their original parts.

Cryo,

I thought you'd find this video interesting. I found it a few days ago while looking for Classified reviews, it's a guy fixing broken thumbs and crotches.

Getting excited about "fixed crotches", good God, what has this hobby done to us... LOL. :lol

All the recent reveals look fantastic! Really hyped for the Steel Corp 2 pack and Trouble Bubble, I hope Hasbro doesn't price those too high and realize that Joe fans want multiples. I didn't think I'd be looking forward to the Televipers because I never liked the original figure but, the way this looks and that masked head elevated this to a design I'm really looking forward to!

I finally Have Hasbro's Sgt. Slaughter in hand, overall he's pretty great. I wish he didn't skip leg day so many times but he doesn't look as cartoonish as pictures make him appear. Love the fit of the glasses and hat and those grappling hands!
It's too bad that he came with my AF Blowback in the same pile of loot as well as my new Gridiron light green ACH helmet with visor on the same day because the two of them combined (Blowback & Helmet) make an awesome little RAH looking character! Can't stop posing that little fella, my new favorite at the moment.

I saw some in hand pics of Lt. Falcon and I like it. Some people have said they hate the face, but I think it's OK. Not super wow, but OK. I think it looks more like Jim Caviezel than Tom Berenger, but that's me.

https://toynewsi.com/278-46266
4f0eef53398e31638876e865d086edf7--tom-berenger-snipers.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Back